[BETA] Like button for Facebook

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
soumik

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook Like button

Post by soumik »

Terceirense wrote:When I move a topic to another forum the like score reset to 0. :(
Yes. The forum ID changes, hence the URLs change.
Jorup16 wrote:
FF27 wrote:
antfamous wrote:
Jorup16 wrote:Hi I hope you can help me with my little problem.
The mod I have installed and whether it has helped me, when you press the button "Like" is published the link in my Facebook wall but also the link also posted a picture next to it, whether that of a range or avatar that has any user who has responded on the issue.

it works for me to except i do have your same problem. it takes random images from the post being liked. is there anyway to fix this? any help is appreciated.
I Have the same problem.
In Facebook is an random image from the Site.
How I Can deleted this function ?

Edit:
Ok, i have fix this.
But how i can add this mod on the board index or portal ?
How to fix it? :idea:
soumik wrote:Add this to your overall_header.html :

Code: Select all

<meta property="og:image" content="http://URL_to_image_you_want_to_display_for_your_threads" />  
Powered by chocolate
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook Like button

Post by Jorup16 »

Nice, thanks. :D
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
Shalashaska

Re: [ALPHA] Like button for Facebook

Post by Shalashaska »

Hi,

Thanks for this great mod. It is one of the best mod I've had on the board till date. I have a few queries:

1. Is it possible to have the Like button auto-select a picture from the topic that is not smilies, avatars or other icons? Basically, select something from the body of the any of the posts instead of everything else? I have tried adding the og:image code you suggested but it takes away the option to select a thumbnail while posting a Link directly from Facebook; and permanently displays the one image for all non-phpbb users as well.

2. I am not able to view the button on IE. I've tried moving the code below the overall_header tags and tried everything else suggested in the past pages but in vain. Sometimes it appears randomly and doesn't appear on the next refresh. This has happened only twice in 4 days. Click here for forum.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Thanks.
soumik

Post by soumik »

Shalashaska wrote:1. Is it possible to have the Like button auto-select a picture from the topic that is not smilies, avatars or other icons? Basically, select something from the body of the any of the posts instead of everything else? I have tried adding the og:image code you suggested but it takes away the option to select a thumbnail while posting a Link directly from Facebook; and permanently displays the one image for all non-phpbb users as well.
In one word, no. You either have the option to select a universal image for every thread of the forum, or else you need to manually select an image you need to display. It's how this Facebook social plugin was designed. There's no provision to exclude some images from being selected.
Shalashaska wrote: 2. I am not able to view the button on IE. I've tried moving the code below the overall_header tags and tried everything else suggested in the past pages but in vain. Sometimes it appears randomly and doesn't appear on the next refresh. This has happened only twice in 4 days. Click here for forum.
I need to perform more testing to find out what works with IE. There's a reason this mod is in the alpha stage and it's this bug.
Powered by chocolate
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

soumik wrote:In one word, no. You either have the option to select a universal image for every thread of the forum, or else you need to manually select an image you need to display. It's how this Facebook social plugin was designed. There's no provision to exclude some images from being selected.
OK. This is a major downer from Facebook's side as most of the times, the liked topic title and thumbnail image that appears on Facebook does not represent the actual content of the post. I hope Facebook does something about this soon.
soumik wrote:I need to perform more testing to find out what works with IE. There's a reason this mod is in the alpha stage and it's this bug.
I'll be watching your mod regularly. Thanks once again for this mod, it adds much more interaction value for the members and everyone (FF & Chrome) is enjoying it despite this bug nonetheless. Looking forward to updates :)
TheBlackElk

Post by TheBlackElk »

If anyone has an issue with the content jumping during the loading of the page or with the large space under the button, let me know. I have a pretty quick and easy fix and don't mind posting it if someone needs it.
roblom

Post by roblom »

When i press the 'Like' button in xFBML i'm not able to unlike anymore when the page accessed again.
Is this correct? Is this a setting?
soumik

Post by soumik »

It isn't correct. You can try the demo to see which behaviour is correct and which isn't.