Modification Description:Implements Facebook's Mutual Friends feature by showing friends shared between two users and also creates a list of "People you might like". By default, phpBB only requires that one person adds the other to create a friendship. This modification enables both parties to mutually accept the friendship through friend requests.
Modification Version: 0.8.2
People You Might Like
Similar to Facebook's "People You Might Know"; this feature suggests people you might like based on your current friends list. Technical: Grabs two random friends from your friends lists and compares their friends lists for mutual friends that are not already in your friends lists
On a profile page, the # of mutual friends are shown. Technical: Grabs friends lists of both users and compares them for similar friends
Manage friend requests to you. This list does not display outgoing friend requests (yet).
Create friend requests from this panel and remove existing friends.
Manages all foes, but newly added foes cannot be existing friends.
- Display the number of mutual friends on memberlist page.
- Determine the strength of mutual relationships
- Create an ACP to manage the modification
- Suggest something
- More efficient MySQL queries
- Added friend request notifications
- Added "People you might like"
- Added "# of Mutual Friends
- Added more friend request language keys
- Inactive users are not displayed
People You Might Like & Friend Request Notifications
Modification Download: Download Mutual Friend Requests