[MODDB]Index SEO description and keywords mod.

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

[MODDB]Index SEO description and keywords mod.

Post by Steve » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Modification Name: Index SEO description and keywords mod.
Modification Version: 1.0.1
Author: vectra-mods

Credits:
Once again Stoker for letting me look at his Forum SEO mod to see how to get this to work in the php,also helping me keep the mod seo friendly.cisco007 for helping me test it and giving some valid input and ideas.Umil creation team for the example installer to runs sql entrys.

Requirements: phpBB3 3.0.7-PL1
Styles supported: prosilver and subsilver2 styles *could easily adapted for other styles.
Support: This topic.
External support: phpBB3 BBCodes - Index SEO
Modification Description:
Index SEO description and keywords mod is made to be SEO efficient, adds a description and keywords in your meta tags,and the seo keywords in your overall_footer.html on the index page. This will help get your site indexed better.Used wisely Stoker says this could also be a powerfull SEO mod!

Features:
Easy access through admin control panel >> general >> board settings to add/edit your description and keywords.
modx: yes
1.Download and extract the Index_SEO.zip
2.Upload the files and folders found with in the Index_SEO/root/*.* to your website.
3.Open the folder Index_SEOopen the install_mod.xml sheet in your web browser.
4.Follow the on screen instructions for the file edits,once complete save and upload.
5.Run the installer,visit your_website.com/install_index_seo.php.
5.Follow the on screen instructions.
6.Once complete dont forget to delete or rename the install_index_seo.php from your server.
7.Goto your ACPanel refresh templates for prosilver and subsilver2, then purge your cache!
8.Goto admin control panel >> general >> board settings to add/edit your description and keywords.

automod: yes
1.Download Index_SEO.zip
2.upload the Index_SEO.zip to your forum via the auto mod panel in admin
3.Select to install Index_SEO.
4.Once installed run the installer,visit your_website.com/install_index_seo.php.
5.Follow the on screen instructions.
6.Once complete dont forget to delete or rename the install_index_seo.php from your server.
7.Goto your ACPanel refresh templates for prosilver and subsilver2, then purge your cache!
8.Goto admin control panel >> general >> board settings to add/edit your description and keywords.

Author notes:
Tested on a clean install of phpBB3 version 3.0.7-PL.
Tested with AutoMOD version 1.0.0.
If using automod and it fails maybes because you have already manually added to keywords and description in the overall_header.html, you must force the install,manually follow the instructions below.

Open styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html
Open styles/subsilver2/template/overall_header.html

find your keywords,description meta code and replace with this:

Code: Select all

<meta name="keywords" content="<!-- IF SEO_KEY -->{SEO_KEY}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
<meta name="description" content="<!-- IF SEO_DESC -->{SEO_DESC}<!-- ENDIF -->" />
Refresh template for prosilver & subsilver2.

Screenshots:

Demo URL: >> prosilver demo << & >> subsilver2 demo <<
;) scroll to the bottom of the page,also right click to view page source.

Modification Download:
Index_SEO1.0.0.zip(156.73 KiB)

FAQ,s
N/A
Last edited by Steve on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Re: [dev]Index SEO description and keywords mod.

Post by Sshadow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I am currently using the Advanced Meta Tags mod located here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1070025 Do you know if your mod is better to use for SEO than that one?

Steve

Re: [dev]Index SEO description and keywords mod.

Post by Steve » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am

Sshadow wrote:I am currently using the Advanced Meta Tags mod located here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1070025 Do you know if your mod is better to use for SEO than that one?
Honestly could not tell,i also have Topic SEO mod when combined together will do the same job i suppose other than you manually add the meta keywords and description giving a better chance of ignoring some of the posts content,But unfortunatly im not going to post the topic seo mod until the newest version is ready which allows post tags, and to mark certian posts off topic ,an example would be if joe blogs wanted to post "WOW! thanks for this great mod" it will be hidden from search engines.
hth

Steve

Re: [RC1]Index SEO description and keywords mod.

Post by Steve » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 am

1st post updated, download link includes new version 1.0.1,includes fixes for mod validation and update instructions can be found in contrib folder.

Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:54 pm

vectra-mods wrote:1st post updated, download link includes new version 1.0.1,includes fixes for mod validation and update instructions can be found in contrib folder.
I will take a look at the topic SEO you have linked there. If it is as you say I may also switch to the index SEO as well :)

eman80

Post by eman80 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:05 am

Thanks vectra-mods :)

I installed the mod and it works perfectly :D
welcome to my forum:
http://www.elibrary4arab.com

Return to β€œ[3.0.x] MODs in Development”