[ABD] Mp3 Player with Attachments

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
complexity

Re: [Beta] Mp3 Player with Attachments

Post by complexity » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 am

I don't use e-mail. Rather instant messenger.

:]

whisperwow

Post by whisperwow » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 am

Ok. I figured how to make it work. There are two sections in the acp_attachments.php file where you need to add this line:

ATTACHMENT_CATEGORY_MP3 => $user->lang['CAT_MP3_FILES'],

Make sure to add the line to both sections so you will see “MP3″ on the drop-down menu for special category selection under the group extensions management area.

whisperwow

Post by whisperwow » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:14 am

Now is there a way to remove the download link from the mp3 player so people can't easily download the file?

complexity

Post by complexity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:57 am

whisperwow wrote:Now is there a way to remove the download link from the mp3 player so people can't easily download the file?
Are you throwing me softball questions intentionally to make me look good. :lol:

Open attachments.html

Find
<!-- ELSEIF _file.S_MP3_FILE -->
Remove
<span class="gensmall">
<!-- IF _file.UPLOAD_ICON -->{_file.UPLOAD_ICON} <!-- ENDIF -->
<a href="{_file.U_DOWNLOAD_LINK}">{_file.DOWNLOAD_NAME}</a><br/> [ {_file.FILESIZE} {_file.SIZE_LANG} | {_file.L_DOWNLOAD_COUNT} ] </span>

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Works fine, thanks. :)

hywel

Post by hywel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you so much for this MOD!
whisperwow wrote:There are two sections in the acp_attachments.php file where you need to add this line:

ATTACHMENT_CATEGORY_MP3 => $user->lang['CAT_MP3_FILES'],

Make sure to add the line to both sections so you will see “MP3″ on the drop-down menu for special category selection under the group extensions management area.
This should be in the installation guide, thank you whisperwow.
Cheers

neologistic

Post by neologistic » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 am

I have the player successfully installed on Conundrum. Upgraded to 3.08. Still works. However, Conundrum is not supported since 3.05. Am working on changing to prosilver Special Edition.

I added the attachment.html addition to prosilver, thinking prosilver SE inherits it from regular. However, I can't get the player to show in prosilver OR prosilver SE, though it still works in Conundrum. I copied the code straight from attachment.html in Conundrum and pasted directly to attachment.html in the right place in prosilver.

Is there something else I need to do? I refreshed the style. Is this music player supported in 3.08?

Thanks!

complexity

Post by complexity » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 am

neologistic wrote:I have the player successfully installed on Conundrum. Upgraded to 3.08. Still works. However, Conundrum is not supported since 3.05. Am working on changing to prosilver Special Edition.

I added the attachment.html addition to prosilver, thinking prosilver SE inherits it from regular. However, I can't get the player to show in prosilver OR prosilver SE, though it still works in Conundrum. I copied the code straight from attachment.html in Conundrum and pasted directly to attachment.html in the right place in prosilver.

Is there something else I need to do? I refreshed the style. Is this music player supported in 3.08?

Thanks!
Yes. The code is so simple. Besides if phpBB did a major revamp, I don't see it being unsupported any time in the near future.

I've got an instant messenger listed on the site that may be of better service to you because it seems as though you have a template related issue that is not relevant to this thread, but I'd be glad to help you with it.

neologistic

Post by neologistic » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:22 am

Thanks, Complexity, for following up with a PM and contacting me in chat. Glad we found that it was a simple error on my part.

Just confirming in the thread that this MP3 Player works fine on our installation of phpBB 3.08 for prosilver. Seems kinda odd that MP3 attachment players are so rare in phpBB, but very satisfied with this one. Easy to work with

Thanks again Complexity

sieben

Post by sieben » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:32 am

is there a way by using the bbcode to show the link (url) under the player. now if you only add the player per bbcode you dont what do you hear and you don’t know a link to download the mp3.

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 pm

cool mod

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

complexity

Post by complexity » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks updated the Demo link as well!

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 pm

complexity wrote:Thanks updated the Demo link as well!
You need to go update some more lol

Language file ./language//common.php couldn't be opened.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

vaan123

Post by vaan123 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 am

hello

thank you very much for this wonderful mod, i did everything and all seems good except for one thing,

attaching an mp3 file works ok except when i try to do this:

[mp3]http://www.barberitophotographers.com/C ... a_Vida.mp3[/mp3]

nothing appears except for an empty box

this is the style im using: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/Artodia%3A ... zeIt+Black

i think there is a step that i skipped where i had to edit an html file, i couldn't edit it because it doesn't exist in my style folder.

swapvn

Post by swapvn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello,
First of all. I would like to say thank you for your hard work. It worked perfectly until last night I changed permission Flash = on and increase MP3 download - 10MB. Now Speaker disappears. What can I do? I want users can listen music on my forum.
Here is my web. Thanks again
http://swapvn.com/trang_cua_ban/viewfor ... 4fc6d32a7c

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”