Modification Name: DS PayPal Donations MOD
This MOD adds a new page to your forum - The donation page. This page includes a form which allows your users to write an amount of money to donate. The donation page can be costumized with a text of your choice. To enter sensitive information such as your Paypal account, you must enter the Administration Control Panel and then click the on the Donations tab. From there, you can set different options to enhance the donations page.
There are some special features, such as auto grouping. This feature is meant to be a reward to the donor. If an user donates the Minimal amount, this MOD will add this user to a Group (set in ACP). Assuming that an user donated the Minimal amount, all founders will receive a PM telling them that a donation has been made. This can be switched on or off via ACP too.
This MOD also includes the donation goal feature. This feature allows you to set a required amount of money, which should be reached through donations. This system adds a progress bar on your index page to see how the donations are progressing.
Now we came to the donors list feature. This feature adds another page to your board, listing all donors marked as Completed. Along with the usernames, we can see the total donated amount by that user. This feature can be disabled via ACP, depending on your needs.
There is also a very advanced donors management module which lets you manage all donors. A donor might be pending and you can check why Paypal marked him as pending. You can also "demote" a donor, but still keep him in the list so you can re-approve him in the future. You also can change the donated amounts of a donor or check the exact time and date when a certain donor donated.
- PHP 5+
- cURL or
- Very secure donations
- Fully automated installation
- Debugging mode - Try this MOD with Paypal sandbox
- Donation cause field
- Founder manage only - only founder can manage this MOD's settings
- Automatically group user upon successful donation
- Automatically notify founders upon successful donation
- Set notification bot - a bot that notifies the founders
- 24 currencies listed
- 189 countries listed
- Limit donations to registered users only
- Page message - a message field to explain rewards, cause etc.
- Anonymous donations
- Donations goal feature
- Donors list feature
- Manage donors ACP module
- List Completed and Pending donors
- Approve donors
- Disapprove donors - mark them as Pending
- Remove donors - permanently remove donors
- Manage single donor (click on the username via Manage donors ACP module)
- View donation log for each user via the single user management system
- Change donated amounts for a donor or remove his donation by leaving a blank field
- Set permissions via Permission system to control who can manage the donations page
1. I recently found out that it's recommend for the receiver to have the Paypal IPN enabled in their profiles. I can't confirm if this is a necessity because I don't have my own Paypal account to try live payments.
2. ACP and error logs created upon failures or successes, will mostly be created by Anonymous, which is Paypal. This is nothing to worry about. I'd need to edit the phpBB core functions in order to change it to Paypal.
3. You cannot test this MOD on your local server, since Paypal needs to communicate with your site. You have to set up an online testing environment to try this MOD.
Screenshot 01 - [ Donation Page Index ]
Screenshot 02 - [ Donation Configuration Page ]
Screenshot 03 - [ Donation Manage Donors Page ]
Screenshot 04 - [ Donation Manage Single Donor - Approved ]
Screenshot 05 - [ Donation Manage Single Donor - Pending ]
Download Modification: Latest version (1.1.9)