[ABD] DS PayPal Donations MOD - v1.1.9

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Dugi

[ABD] DS PayPal Donations MOD - v1.1.9

Post by Dugi »

Modification Name: DS PayPal Donations MOD

Author: Dugi

Modification Description:
This MOD adds a new page to your forum - The donation page. This page includes a form which allows your users to write an amount of money to donate. The donation page can be costumized with a text of your choice. To enter sensitive information such as your Paypal account, you must enter the Administration Control Panel and then click the on the Donations tab. From there, you can set different options to enhance the donations page.

There are some special features, such as auto grouping. This feature is meant to be a reward to the donor. If an user donates the Minimal amount, this MOD will add this user to a Group (set in ACP). Assuming that an user donated the Minimal amount, all founders will receive a PM telling them that a donation has been made. This can be switched on or off via ACP too.

This MOD also includes the donation goal feature. This feature allows you to set a required amount of money, which should be reached through donations. This system adds a progress bar on your index page to see how the donations are progressing.

Now we came to the donors list feature. This feature adds another page to your board, listing all donors marked as Completed. Along with the usernames, we can see the total donated amount by that user. This feature can be disabled via ACP, depending on your needs.

There is also a very advanced donors management module which lets you manage all donors. A donor might be pending and you can check why Paypal marked him as pending. You can also "demote" a donor, but still keep him in the list so you can re-approve him in the future. You also can change the donated amounts of a donor or check the exact time and date when a certain donor donated.

Requirements:
  • PHP 5+
  • cURL or fsockopen()
Supported Styles:
  • Prosilver
  • Subsilver2
AutoMOD Compatible:

Features:
  • Very secure donations
  • Fully automated installation
  • Debugging mode - Try this MOD with Paypal sandbox
  • Donation cause field
  • Founder manage only - only founder can manage this MOD's settings
  • Automatically group user upon successful donation
  • Automatically notify founders upon successful donation
  • Set notification bot - a bot that notifies the founders
  • 24 currencies listed
  • 189 countries listed
  • Limit donations to registered users only
  • Page message - a message field to explain rewards, cause etc.
  • Anonymous donations
  • Donations goal feature
  • Donors list feature
  • Manage donors ACP module
    • List Completed and Pending donors
    • Approve donors
    • Disapprove donors - mark them as Pending
    • Remove donors - permanently remove donors
  • Manage single donor (click on the username via Manage donors ACP module)
  • View donation log for each user via the single user management system
  • Change donated amounts for a donor or remove his donation by leaving a blank field
  • Set permissions via Permission system to control who can manage the donations page
Notes:
1. I recently found out that it's recommend for the receiver to have the Paypal IPN enabled in their profiles. I can't confirm if this is a necessity because I don't have my own Paypal account to try live payments.

2. ACP and error logs created upon failures or successes, will mostly be created by Anonymous, which is Paypal. This is nothing to worry about. I'd need to edit the phpBB core functions in order to change it to Paypal.

3. You cannot test this MOD on your local server, since Paypal needs to communicate with your site. You have to set up an online testing environment to try this MOD.

Screenshots:
Screenshot 01 - [ Donation Page Index ]
Screenshot 02 - [ Donation Configuration Page ]
Screenshot 03 - [ Donation Manage Donors Page ]
Screenshot 04 - [ Donation Manage Single Donor - Approved ]
Screenshot 05 - [ Donation Manage Single Donor - Pending ]

Demo: N/A

Download Modification: Latest version (1.1.9)
Last edited by Dugi on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 166 times in total.
PM me for custom extension pricing / My validated MODs / My MODs in development
Mrraider

Re: [BETA] DS PayPal Donation Page

Post by Mrraider »

Looks nice but will wait for subsilver :)
superj707

Post by superj707 »

I like this. It's simple
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Glad you liked it guys. Please report any bug, typo etc. that would help me improve it a lot :).

And I will be working on subsilver2 too, I'll update this thread asap.
bkr3
Name: Balaji P M

Re: [BETA] DS PayPal Donation Page MOD

Post by bkr3 »

very useful MOD :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

UPDATE - Now supporting subsilver2 :)
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

looks good, but I have a few questions:
  1. if a member donates, does it show this anywhere on the board, to show that the member has donated?
  2. can you change the currency or allow multiple currencies to be used?
  3. say a member donated so much, would it be possible for that member to automatically be added to a group e.g. donators?
if the above cannot be done, would it be features that you'd consider adding?
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Ashley.S. wrote:looks good, but I have a few questions:
  1. if a member donates, does it show this anywhere on the board, to show that the member has donated?
  2. can you change the currency or allow multiple currencies to be used?
  3. say a member donated so much, would it be possible for that member to automatically be added to a group e.g. donators?
if the above cannot be done, would it be features that you'd consider adding?
  1. Didn't think of this step to be honest, I guess this is a must to be implemented/find solution for it. I'm not a pro coder, and I cannot do the most of the stuff you suggested, I know it sucks, but I'm learning.

A possible solution would be, the user that donates, get the success page, and the success message links the user to PM an Admin (or who is set to take care of the donations) and PM him with his/her transaction ID etc.
  2. The currency feature ain't a big problem, will be added in the next release.
  3. I could seek help for this feature, I'll see about this one :mrgreen:.
Thanks for your review and questions, much appreciated :).
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

ok then, dugi. If it can't be done, then no problem, as we all have to start somewhere :)

Currently I use a combo of some custom code from nickvergession here along with some outdated buggy donations list here and ideally I'm looking at some way to automate the system, so I don't have to manually keep adding it each time.

I tried Highway of Life's donations mod but found it to be incomplete and rather buggy to use :(
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I could take a look at this one too, seems quite nice to have it. Once I manage to make the "auto add to the team" feature, I guess, this won't be hard to be added. As said, I'll have to ask some friends to help me :P.
jyco

Post by jyco »

Just installed this mod,

Now get 'Cannot modify header information' when clicking on 'Donate' button, Plus can't seem to change paypal email address, Get error message 'Array'.

Any idea's

Thanks
jyco

Post by jyco »

Got the paypal email address changed but still get 'Cannot modify header information'.

All the best
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Could you post an image of the error?
Last edited by Dugi on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jyco

Post by jyco »

Hi,

This is the error?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4292: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4295: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
Thank you.
bkr3
Name: Balaji P M

Post by bkr3 »

jyco wrote:Hi,

This is the error?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4292: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4295: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /donate.php:1)
Thank you.
i think this error may be occurred due to some file edits or MODX file (install_mod.php) !!!

which version of UMIL do you use ??? ( it may be because of install_modname.php ( check in both root folder and /language/en/mods/install_modname.php)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”