[DEV] Topic Ageing

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

[DEV] Topic Ageing

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Modification Name: Topic Ageing
Author: Erik Frèrejean

Modification Description: This MOD will mark a topic as aged if the last post was more than a (through the ACP configurable) number of days ago. When the topic is marked as "aged" this MOD will do two things with the topic.
  1. The MOD will disable the Quick Reply box (overruling all other QR settings!)
  2. Display a notice on the posting page asking the poster to reconsider posting to an aged topic.
The whole point of this MOD is to prevent topic bump for no real reason.
Modification Version: dev

Requirements: PHP 5

Notice: This MOD was written on special request for a site I help develop, hence it is written to the needs of this site. I've decided to release this MOD to the community cause I think this MOD can be useful for other communities as well. But as this MOD was a request only development in the future will be really limited (limited to the needs of this site) and therefore I will NOT take feature requests. Also support for this MOD will be pretty limited.

Modification Download: Not yet available
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
mr.vixus
Name: Mohamed Krayem

Re: [DEV] Topic Ageing

Post by mr.vixus »

there is a mod that do the same
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2088095

isn't ?
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

It looks like it, but David his version is much more advanced than this one. This MOD doesn't exclude users/locks topic/adds the kitchen sink ;), it only displays the warning.
This version was fully written to be as simple as possible :geek:
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
mr.vixus
Name: Mohamed Krayem

Post by mr.vixus »

oh, simple !
that will be nice
i'm sure there is some people like simplicity and minimum options

go on ;)
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

very good. i like it. :D
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
kber

Post by kber »

i will bookmark this topic , thanks
Hello All
lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer »

Bookmark this topic. Nice ! :D
updown

Post by updown »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:This MOD doesn't exclude users/locks topic/adds the kitchen sink ;), it only displays the warning. This version was fully written to be as simple as possible :geek:
Agreed, that's all I need, too! Any small hint when the first version-package will be available as download?

*bookmarked*
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

I'm currently quite busy wrapping up the next release for the Support Toolkit. As you can imagine this has quite some priority over my MODs, so I don't expect a fully packaged release (of any of my MODs) before this gets out of the way. I might however provide the patch, which isn't completed yet (but runs on the live board) which you'll have to install manually. Please keep in mind if I do this that support will be extremely limited.
updown

Post by updown »

A patch-file without any support would be completely sufficient to me. So thanks in advance if you could deliver that. STK is indeed more important!
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Okay, can send you the patch by PM (looking at it I won't post the patch here in the topic, if someone else is interested please post here and I'll send the file). Keep in mind that this patch comes straight from the svn commit that added this MOD to my board. This board is MODded to pieces (with a lot of custom code/rewritten MODs) so applying this patch to your board will break your board! I expect that one understands php and phpBB to a point that you can understand the patch, alter the code (based upon some small suggestions from me) and apply it correctly to your board.
As of this I've decided that I will *NOT* support any installation issues at this point. This means that: if you install it and break your board you are on your own.

@updown,
please let me know whether you feel comfortable enough to do this :).

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”