[MODDB] Steam Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Locked
User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Gamerc wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote:Gamerc i messed with the steamprofile ajax(http://code.google.com/p/steamprofile/) a little
i used the github version
this is what it looks like on viewtopic

not sure if i'll ever include it though but after some more testing i may tell people the edits needed to get it to work with my mod

*i got it to work how steamprofile.com has the images to by also using the steamprofile ajax
ok great..let me know what changes I need to make to get it back the way it was to work correctly or however. Thanks
i have permission to include his code
heres what i have so far
Image
top 2 are from the steamprofile code
bottom is from steamprofile.com

mardokpl
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by mardokpl » Sat May 26, 2012 5:11 pm

I installed this mod currently on prosilver style. But now I do not know if I installed it correctly. Reading the News concludes that the mod is not working. It does not show online, or who's playing, or I myself do not know.
Someone will bring the matter?

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Sat May 26, 2012 6:02 pm

mardokpl wrote:I installed this mod currently on prosilver style. But now I do not know if I installed it correctly. Reading the News concludes that the mod is not working. It does not show online, or who's playing, or I myself do not know.
Someone will bring the matter?
its not suppose to show you online offline or whos playing anymore
steamprofile.com changed something so it no longer shows that

mardokpl
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by mardokpl » Sat May 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Is the mod will be updated?

I downloaded version BarracudaATA, but do not know how to install it. As much as I'm not so good.

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Sat May 26, 2012 9:07 pm

mardokpl wrote:Is the mod will be updated?

I downloaded version BarracudaATA, but do not know how to install it. As much as I'm not so good.
thats not a phpbb mod thats just a standalone im working on merging it in my mod
just have a couple things to sort out first though i'll post back on here when its ready(although no eta of when that'll be)

mardokpl
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by mardokpl » Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm

OK, I'm waiting patiently for the new version.

Anouk33
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Anouk33 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm

me too ! ;)

Gamerc
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Gamerc » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 am

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
i have permission to include his code
heres what i have so far
Image
top 2 are from the steamprofile code
bottom is from steamprofile.com
Ok so you are reworking this so it will now show up properly? When released how do you do an upgrade to the mod without uninstalling and reinstalling?

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 am

Gamerc wrote:Ok so you are reworking this so it will now show up properly? When released how do you do an upgrade to the mod without uninstalling and reinstalling?
it'll be a seperate addon not gonna include it by default til the ajax part works for ie9
you'd have to uninstall then reinstall
the first image in my screenshot is the ajax version which works in latest firefox, chrome, opera. in ie9 it doesnt refresh
the second one is just how steamprofile.com's was be4 they cheange things again

Gamerc
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Gamerc » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 pm

bprsk8r4272 wrote:
Gamerc wrote:Ok so you are reworking this so it will now show up properly? When released how do you do an upgrade to the mod without uninstalling and reinstalling?
it'll be a seperate addon not gonna include it by default til the ajax part works for ie9
you'd have to uninstall then reinstall
the first image in my screenshot is the ajax version which works in latest firefox, chrome, opera. in ie9 it doesnt refresh
the second one is just how steamprofile.com's was be4 they cheange things again

Can you post what does work with the other browsers I can use it..I really don't care what problems people have using IE9 at this point but I'd like to throw it up none the less.

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Gamerc wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote:
Gamerc wrote:Ok so you are reworking this so it will now show up properly? When released how do you do an upgrade to the mod without uninstalling and reinstalling?
it'll be a seperate addon not gonna include it by default til the ajax part works for ie9
you'd have to uninstall then reinstall
the first image in my screenshot is the ajax version which works in latest firefox, chrome, opera. in ie9 it doesnt refresh
the second one is just how steamprofile.com's was be4 they cheange things again

Can you post what does work with the other browsers I can use it..I really don't care what problems people have using IE9 at this point but I'd like to throw it up none the less.
i'll put the addon together and put it on a test site with it viewable for guests i'll try to have it up within a couple days

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Gamerc wrote:Can you post what does work with the other browsers I can use it..I really don't care what problems people have using IE9 at this point but I'd like to throw it up none the less.
i have the test site up http://ghostfacekillerclan.com/testing/ ... /index.php
addon will only be on github with the whole mod
https://github.com/Prosk8er/Steam-Mod/zipball/master

curl must be enabled for the steamprofile ajax and curl & gd2 must be enabled for the steamprofile image part
Last edited by Prosk8er on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dead Man
Registered User
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Dead Man » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 am

Well I installed it and when I go to my profile I can see the Image of Steam. But in my post it is not appearing in my signature. So how can I make it appear in my signature as well?

User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Dead Man wrote:Well I installed it and when I go to my profile I can see the Image of Steam. But in my post it is not appearing in my signature. So how can I make it appear in my signature as well?
for prosilver:
open: styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
find:

Code: Select all

			<!-- IF postrow.SIGNATURE --><div id="sig{postrow.POST_ID}" class="signature">{postrow.SIGNATURE}</div><!-- ENDIF -->
replace with:

Code: Select all

			<!-- IF postrow.SIGNATURE -->
				<div id="sig{postrow.POST_ID}" class="signature"><!-- IF postrow.U_STEAM --><!-- IF postrow.STEAM_IS_INT --><a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/{postrow.U_STEAM}"><!-- ELSE --><a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/{postrow.U_STEAM}"><!-- ENDIF --><img src="http://badges.steamstatus.com/profile/default/steam/{postrow.U_STEAM}.png" border="0" width="160" height="45" alt="" /></a><!-- ENDIF -->
				<br />{postrow.SIGNATURE}</div>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
for subsilver2
open: styles/subsilver2/template/viewtopic_body.html
find:

Code: Select all

					<!-- IF postrow.SIGNATURE -->
						<div class="postbody"><br />_________________<br />{postrow.SIGNATURE}</div>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
replace with:

Code: Select all

					<!-- IF postrow.SIGNATURE -->
						<div class="postbody"><br />_________________<br />
						<!-- IF postrow.U_STEAM --><!-- IF postrow.STEAM_IS_INT --><a href="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/{postrow.U_STEAM}"><!-- ELSE --><a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/{postrow.U_STEAM}"><!-- ENDIF --><img src="http://badges.steamstatus.com/profile/default/steam/{postrow.U_STEAM}.png" border="0" width="160" height="45" alt="" /></a><!-- ENDIF -->
						<br />{postrow.SIGNATURE}</div>
					<!-- ENDIF -->

mardokpl
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by mardokpl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:01 pm

OK, Now the steam statuses are too big for a mini profile.
Maybe you know how to put in the subject, to the left or right side?

Image

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”