[MODDB] Steam Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Re: [RC] Steam Mod

Post by Prosk8er » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

K2 wrote:Will do, and thanks for the help I appreciate it.
any errors in your error.log

K2

Post by K2 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:19 pm

bprsk8r4272 wrote:any errors in your error.log
No, nothing that relates to this.

Some things I've tried over the last couple days - my php setup was using FastCGI, I disabled that and went to a more conventional setup that uses a single php.ini file - didn't make any difference.

One thing I noticed trying the Ajax example - you'll get a background graphic but it pops up as an invalid profile. Using firebug and examining it shows an internal 500 server error as with the normal method. I'm thinking it's a configuration issue or maybe just a version issue between libcurl and/or GD2. I'm still troubleshooting as time allows.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

K2 wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote:any errors in your error.log
No, nothing that relates to this.

Some things I've tried over the last couple days - my php setup was using FastCGI, I disabled that and went to a more conventional setup that uses a single php.ini file - didn't make any difference.

One thing I noticed trying the Ajax example - you'll get a background graphic but it pops up as an invalid profile. Using firebug and examining it shows an internal 500 server error as with the normal method. I'm thinking it's a configuration issue or maybe just a version issue between libcurl and/or GD2. I'm still troubleshooting as time allows.
he got back to me and said "Okay... well, you could try to enable the debug mode and see what happens. For that, edit the steamprofile/lib/main.php and change the "define DEBUG" constant from false to true."

K2

Post by K2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Good call. Made the change, it now generates an error_log file under /steamprofile. Here's what I get:

Code: Select all

[15-Sep-2012 11:18:18] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required 'lib/steamprofile/image/SteamProfileImageApp.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /***/***/***/phpBB3/steamprofile/image.php on line 35
So I'm guessing there's a PEAR package I need to install. I have that capability, just need to know which ones to do if that's the case.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:32 pm

K2 wrote:Good call. Made the change, it now generates an error_log file under /steamprofile. Here's what I get:

Code: Select all

[15-Sep-2012 11:18:18] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required 'lib/steamprofile/image/SteamProfileImageApp.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /***/***/***/phpBB3/steamprofile/image.php on line 35
So I'm guessing there's a PEAR package I need to install. I have that capability, just need to know which ones to do if that's the case.
i'll let you know when he gets back to me

K2

Post by K2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 pm

bprsk8r4272 wrote:i'll let you know when he gets back to me
Thanks.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:09 am

K2 wrote:
bprsk8r4272 wrote:i'll let you know when he gets back to me
Thanks.
heres what he said
"No, there's no need for a PEAR package. The server tries to use the default include paths after it couldn't find the file "steamprofile/lib/steamprofile/image/SteamProfileImageApp.php" in the current directory. He should make sure the file exists (and a bunch of other files in "lib")."

K2

Post by K2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Hahahah... you're gonna like this one. So I'm dbl-checking the files and folder format; everything is where it's supposed to be. And then I notice that the original files have certain letters capitalized, whereas all of the files I uploaded were all in lowercase. My FTP program had been set to convert all files to lowercase upon upload. Turned that feature off, re-uploaded all of the files, it now works as intended.

I apologize for the time and effort wasted, I should have noticed this from the start. Thank you very much though for the help! Good to see that you support the users of your MOD.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 pm

lol nice catch glad its working now :)

nostromos

Post by nostromos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for this mod. I installed it on a phpbb version 3.0.11 and I'm using french as main language. The installation went well without error but now when I click on an user or a topic I have a white page.

As it was a french version I added a "fr" version of :
/language/en/mods/info_acp_steam.php
/language/en/mods/steam.php
I just copied the files and did the translation (Maybe I need to do something else?)

I also do not use the classic styles but did the same changes in this style (gd_darkblue-3.0.11) as the ones recommended in the other styles.

I did some testing and noticed that I can get back normal pages commenting:
$user->add_lang('mods/steam'); in memberlist.php and viewtopic.php

Could you help me to solve this issue I need this mod.

Nostromos

Ps: I also installed board3portal and Ajax chat.

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm

nostromos wrote:Thanks for this mod. I installed it on a phpbb version 3.0.11 and I'm using french as main language. The installation went well without error but now when I click on an user or a topic I have a white page.

As it was a french version I added a "fr" version of :
/language/en/mods/info_acp_steam.php
/language/en/mods/steam.php
I just copied the files and did the translation (Maybe I need to do something else?)

I also do not use the classic styles but did the same changes in this style (gd_darkblue-3.0.11) as the ones recommended in the other styles.

I did some testing and noticed that I can get back normal pages commenting:
$user->add_lang('mods/steam'); in memberlist.php and viewtopic.php

Could you help me to solve this issue I need this mod.

Nostromos

Ps: I also installed board3portal and Ajax chat.
when you added the language im assuming you put them in like this?
/language/fr/mods/info_acp_steam.php
/language/fr/mods/steam.php

nostromos

Post by nostromos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:50 pm

yes, I did

Ps: I PM you the forum address

nostromos

Post by nostromos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I can not PM you before 5 messages...

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 pm

only thing i can think of is maybe its missing a edit i would check to see if there all there and theres no missing files
theres other people that added this mod and use a different language and have no problems

nostromos

Post by nostromos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Found it !!!!

Just a problem of translation as we use ' in french :roll:

Sorry to have bothered you.

Nostromos

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”