To note, I fixed the timestamp problem, but the issue was that the timestamp was not being sent at all when the new post was being created (or a current one was edited), and a default value of 0 was being used, resulting in the January 1, 1970 date.
Unfortunately, that means that only new blog posts will benefit from the fix. If you wish to give an approximate time stamp, you will need to do some math using the current return of time(). It's return is the number of seconds that have passed since january 1 1970. So if you wanted to change the date to be last week, you would do
time() - 604800 and then put that value in the blog_posted_time field for the blog post in phpMyAdmin.
I also fixed the issue with blog tags not being displayed when viewing a blog post, and I have removed the ability to disable categories or to delete the last remaining category (to actually fix the issue that arises when no category is available or categories are disabled, it would require much more work than I have time to put into this MOD any more, to be honest. I am currently focused on 3.1 development and porting to extensions, so those are my priorities).
EDIT: These fixes will appear in the next release, which will occur as soon as Unknown Bliss is able to get it all packaged and do a quick test and such.
Don't forget to smile today.
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.