[RC] phpBB Blog

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
master412160
Name: Max Pen

Re: [RC] phpBB Blog

Post by master412160 »

I just re-checked and seen the option for allowing comments is ticked on in the screenshot, now I'm not sure that is by default or not...

But it might be a good idea to add a permission in which the admin can control which usergroup can tick it on and off, so choosing if people can reply or not.

Regards :)
Regards, Matt.
FB92

Post by FB92 »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
FB92 wrote:Any updates for my issue? I would love to use this but can't until the date issue is fixed.
Which issue is that, I can't see it in this topic?
Do you even read your bug tracker? ...
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

FB92 wrote:
Unknown Bliss wrote:
FB92 wrote:Any updates for my issue? I would love to use this but can't until the date issue is fixed.
Which issue is that, I can't see it in this topic?
Do you even read your bug tracker? ...
Oh right, sorry, I only checked this topic for your issue.

Yes, I am aware of the issue in the bug tracker and imkingdavid was/is working on them and I'll ask him if he has made any progress when I next speak to him.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
king577

Post by king577 »

Thanks for this great mod! :)
There is an option to create sub categories?
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)
wolfkin

time/date

Post by wolfkin »

Am I the only one noticing that time and date are way off? On my testboard all blog posts are created on the 1st of January, 1970 at 00.00 without exception.

For test purposes I have no other MODs installed, so it cannot be a conflict with another MOD.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before, so maybe it's just my system behaving badly - although I cannot see how that should be :geek:
wolfkin

Post by wolfkin »

bump ^
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

wolfkin, this bug is already known -> https://github.com/phpBB-Blog/phpBB-Blog/issues/86
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

I plan on making another release of the phpBB Blog MOD after 3.0.11-RC1 is released.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
wolfkin

Post by wolfkin »

_Vinny_ wrote:wolfkin, this bug is already known -> https://github.com/phpBB-Blog/phpBB-Blog/issues/86
Ah! Didn't think to check github :oops:

Just a thought: I'm currently testing out on localhost, using XAMPP. My system is Windows, not UNIX. The MOD is using UNIX time. Could that be why?
Unknown Bliss wrote:I plan on making another release of the phpBB Blog MOD after 3.0.11-RC1 is released.
Alrighty! Good news :)
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

wolfkin wrote:Just a thought: I'm currently testing out on localhost, using XAMPP. My system is Windows, not UNIX. The MOD is using UNIX time. Could that be why?
Unix time is simple a (standardised) way to store time, which just as well can be used on a windows machine :)
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
wolfkin

Post by wolfkin »

Thanks for the answer and explanation, Erik :)

I'll just try being patient then...
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

To note, I fixed the timestamp problem, but the issue was that the timestamp was not being sent at all when the new post was being created (or a current one was edited), and a default value of 0 was being used, resulting in the January 1, 1970 date.

Unfortunately, that means that only new blog posts will benefit from the fix. If you wish to give an approximate time stamp, you will need to do some math using the current return of time(). It's return is the number of seconds that have passed since january 1 1970. So if you wanted to change the date to be last week, you would do time() - 604800 and then put that value in the blog_posted_time field for the blog post in phpMyAdmin.

I also fixed the issue with blog tags not being displayed when viewing a blog post, and I have removed the ability to disable categories or to delete the last remaining category (to actually fix the issue that arises when no category is available or categories are disabled, it would require much more work than I have time to put into this MOD any more, to be honest. I am currently focused on 3.1 development and porting to extensions, so those are my priorities).

EDIT: These fixes will appear in the next release, which will occur as soon as Unknown Bliss is able to get it all packaged and do a quick test and such.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

Version 1.0.3
Yet another bug fix release.

You may download it here

Thank you again to the other co-developers Erik Frèrejean and David King (imkingdavid).

To update simply delete all your old files and overwrite them with these ones. There were no DB changes however I did add an empty 1.0.3 UMIL version so you can run DB update but it won't do anything.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Unknown Bliss wrote:To update simply delete all your old files and overwrite them with these ones. There were no DB changes however I did add an empty 1.0.3 UMIL version so you can run DB update but it won't do anything.
No new files were added so you don't have to delete anything; just overwrite the existing files. There was one template edit in the three fixes I did today, which was to add a comma between the tags when viewing a blog post, so you will need to refresh the template after replacing that file.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
lustucrus

Re: [RC] phpBB Blog 1.0.3

Post by lustucrus »

thank's i test this version too 1.0.3

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”