[RC] Simple Audio Player Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
guardianwill

Re: [BETA] Simple Audio Player Mod

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 pm

keith10456 wrote:Where are you uploading the audio files to? You should be putting them in the "audioplayer_files" directory.

There are two main directories with the mod. They are "audioplayer" and "audioplayer_files". You should put the audio/music in the 2nd one.

Also, make sure you made the edits to simple_header.html (to the style that you're using).

Yes Keith, I checked automod and the edits have been placed correctly. Automod as well installed without error.

Yes, I have am placing them as directed to the directory audioplayer_files. When installed, before I placed my mp3 files resided a single index.htm file.

Placed several mp3 files there as well. Thought maybe it was possible spaces and other characters so I renamed the mp3 files as 1 to 20 for example 1.mp3 and this also gave no change in behavior. You can press the play button and it seems like it will play even though nothing is listed. Never the less it does not list the files nor plays, but the pop up window and everythng else is working nicely. Just no files listed.

Thank you so much for helping. We are a little group for international student exchange here in the usa in the rocky mountain region. Since we are non for profit we dont have much to spend either so its me trying to program. It will be great when it gets to working. for I will change the file then to allow only registered users and then we can put some audio teaching programs online...

otherwise, I also try my best on my other 2 sites as well. josephstory.org where it teaches people about CHD where my son was born with it.

and my prayer site for church divinemercystpauls.com

Thank you again Keith

William

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Keith,

Left it available for all to load, even though it doesnt load the files so you can see what I am talking about. It is http://social.josephstory.org

Thanks again for helping...
guardianwill wrote:
keith10456 wrote:Where are you uploading the audio files to? You should be putting them in the "audioplayer_files" directory.

There are two main directories with the mod. They are "audioplayer" and "audioplayer_files". You should put the audio/music in the 2nd one.

Also, make sure you made the edits to simple_header.html (to the style that you're using).

Yes Keith, I checked automod and the edits have been placed correctly. Automod as well installed without error.

Yes, I have am placing them as directed to the directory audioplayer_files. When installed, before I placed my mp3 files resided a single index.htm file.

Placed several mp3 files there as well. Thought maybe it was possible spaces and other characters so I renamed the mp3 files as 1 to 20 for example 1.mp3 and this also gave no change in behavior. You can press the play button and it seems like it will play even though nothing is listed. Never the less it does not list the files nor plays, but the pop up window and everythng else is working nicely. Just no files listed.

Thank you so much for helping. We are a little group for international student exchange here in the usa in the rocky mountain region. Since we are non for profit we dont have much to spend either so its me trying to program. It will be great when it gets to working. for I will change the file then to allow only registered users and then we can put some audio teaching programs online...

otherwise, I also try my best on my other 2 sites as well. josephstory.org where it teaches people about CHD where my son was born with it.

and my prayer site for church divinemercystpauls.com

Thank you again Keith

William

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Try this:

1) Backup your files

2) Undo the edits for: root/styles/prosilver/template/simple_header.html

3) Unzip and upload this audioplayer.html file to (replacing the existing file): root/styles/prosilver/template/

4) Refresh Templates in the ACP.

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm

I just did everything requested, refreshed and tested. For some reason Keith those files are not loading. I placed several in the AP files directory so there are ample mp3 files and many different from yesterday as well.

You can test as well at: http://social.josephstory.org

Thank you again for helping...
keith10456 wrote:Try this:

1) Backup your files

2) Undo the edits for: root/styles/prosilver/template/simple_header.html

3) Unzip and upload this audioplayer.html file to (replacing the existing file): root/styles/prosilver/template/

4) Refresh Templates in the ACP.

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi Keith,

As you can see I do have files in the proper directory to play from the image above.

William

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I have two ideas of what may be your problem. I'll see if the first one fixes it... Replace your audioplayer.html file again and refresh your templates (via the ACP). Use this link to download the new file.

muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Are the permissions set correctly for the directories and files?
Muggins

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm

keith10456 wrote:I have two ideas of what may be your problem. I'll see if the first one fixes it... Replace your audioplayer.html file again and refresh your templates (via the ACP). Use this link to download the new file.

I wish this one worked but after refreshing all and testing both in ie and firefox it doesn't seem to load still.

William

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm

muggins wrote:Are the permissions set correctly for the directories and files?
Both audioplayer and audioplayer_files are 755

Should be fine...

not sure about the files in audioplayer_files. The files are all set to 644

muggins

Post by muggins » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm

I just installed the mod and all works just fine. My files and directory permissions are the same as yours.

I have no clue...
Muggins

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 pm

For some reason the script isn't reading the location of your audio player files. Here's another gamble... Replace the file again. You can use the same link (I replaced the zip).

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 pm

keith10456 wrote:For some reason the script isn't reading the location of your audio player files. Here's another gamble... Replace the file again. You can use the same link (I replaced the zip).

I did replace it once again. Still no luck. Not sure what is going on. I have gallery and a few other mods but would not affect this at all. They all seem to work with their respective different directories.

I could always temp remove the index file and you can see it is there...

very temp though... let me know when you look and see. Then I can replace the index file...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 pm

1) Replace file again (use same link).

2) Move your "audioplayer_files" directory (with audio files) inside of your "audioplayer" directory. So it should be: root/audioplayer/audioplayer_files

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 pm

guardianwill wrote:
keith10456 wrote:For some reason the script isn't reading the location of your audio player files. Here's another gamble... Replace the file again. You can use the same link (I replaced the zip).

I did replace it once again. Still no luck. Not sure what is going on. I have gallery and a few other mods but would not affect this at all. They all seem to work with their respective different directories.

I could always temp remove the index file and you can see it is there...

very temp though... let me know when you look and see. Then I can replace the index file...
okay I am going to replace the index file now...

again, Thanks Keith for helping

William

muggins

Post by muggins » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Maybe unrelated, but I get these errors:

PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/Test/flashmp3player.php on line 344, etc.

Change the three instances of &new to new on lines 344, 347 and 1699 to fix the issue with new versions of php.
Muggins

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”