[RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
fifahub

Re: [RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

Post by fifahub »

Hi canidev, there is this tiny issue with your amazing mod:
In my board there is an user with these special character in his name: "Å" and "Ç".
His tag is showed in the tag list but when he is tagged, he doesn't receive the notice and the tag doesn't work.

Is there a way to fix it? Thank you very much in advance for the support.
canidev

Post by canidev »

Ok, try this:
Open follower/includes/follower.php
Find

Code: Select all

$sql_where .= 'WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('LOWER(user_follow_name)', array_unique($matches1[1]));
Replace with

$sql_where .= 'WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('LOWER(user_follow_name)', array_map('utf8_clean_string', array_unique($matches1[1])));
Find

$find = array(
					'@' . strtolower($row['user_follow_name']),
					'@[' . $row['username'] . ']',
					'@[' . $row['username_clean'] . ']',
				);
Replace with

$find = array(
					'@[' . strtolower($row['username']) . ']',
					'@[' . strtolower($row['username_clean']) . ']',
				);
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

Hello and thanks for the very cool MOD.

1) Is it possible to add more data to right_side_body.html? I have ajaxlike MOD and genders MOD and tried to add this

<dt>{L_GENDER}:</dt> <dd>{USER_GENDER_IMG}</dd>
			<dt>{L_AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT}:</dt> <dd>{LIKES} <!-- IF postrow.LIKES > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
			<dt>{L_AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT}:</dt> <dd>{LIKED} <!-- IF postrow.LIKED > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
but no like counts and no gender image shows. Seems the template variables doesn't work there. Same with POSTER_TOPICS (number of topics the user has created).

In addition I'd love to add Add/Remove Friend or Foe, Skype (MOD), Groups, Online status, Board style and Signature in user's profile.

2) There is a bug in my dialog boxes (New comment and Recent activity). When I click on the popup window's title bar, I can move the window with the mouse. Problem is that I can't close it, because no matter where I move the mouse, the dialog box will always follow the mouse, even though the mouse pointer is below the title bar. If I want to click the Share button, I have to use keyboard shortcuts. If I want to close the window, I have to refresh the browser.
Edit: Made a dirty fix for this:

.row-shared, #user-action-list, #fwdialog {
	position: absolute;
	display: none;
	left: 0px !important;
	top: 0px !important;
}
The dialog box will no longer be movable, but that's better than the buggy alternative.

And btw, I think I found a little type: "Notify by MP", shouldnt that be "Notify by PM" ?
Last edited by TheDani on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fifahub

Post by fifahub »

canidev wrote:Ok, try this:
[...]
Thank you, but I tried this solution and I have a problem with another special character: "µ".

I'm sorry to ask you help again but, for the moment, this strange user with this very strange name continues to not be able to be tagged.
Thank you so much!
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

TheDani wrote:Is it possible to add more data to right_side_body.html? I have ajaxlike MOD and genders MOD and tried to add this

<dt>{L_GENDER}:</dt> <dd>{USER_GENDER_IMG}</dd>
			<dt>{L_AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT}:</dt> <dd>{LIKES} <!-- IF postrow.LIKES > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
			<dt>{L_AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT}:</dt> <dd>{LIKED} <!-- IF postrow.LIKED > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
but no like counts and no gender image shows. Seems the template variables doesn't work there. Same with POSTER_TOPICS (number of topics the user has created).

In addition I'd love to add Add/Remove Friend or Foe, Skype (MOD), Groups, Online status, Board style and Signature in user's profile.
So far I've succcessfully been able to expand the profile by editing follower.php and right_side_body.html.

I have expanded it with: Gender (MOD), Number of posts likes and liked in (MOD), Add/Remove Friend and Foe (was there already) and Board style.

Working on Online status (only got boolean value so far), Birthdate (needs formatting), Signature, Groups and Skype (MOD).
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

Help.
One of my users that is following me, complains that he is getting a new email every time I post. He has set "When a user that I follow post a message" and "When a user that I follow post an topic" to "no notify". Any other suggestions?
fifahub

Post by fifahub »

fifahub wrote:
[...]
Thank you, but I tried this solution and I have a problem with another special character: "µ".

I'm sorry to ask you help again but, for the moment, this strange user with this very strange name continues to not be able to be tagged.
Thank you so much!
Hi Canidev, sorry for the bump, but I hope you can help me with this issue.
This is the username of that user: "MÅNµ-94-µÇH‡HÅ"
Do you have a suggestion of how i can solve this problem?
Thanks for your appreciated help.
canidev

Post by canidev »

fifahub wrote:
fifahub wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much!
Hi Canidev, sorry for the bump, but I hope you can help me with this issue.
This is the username of that user: "MÅNµ-94-µÇH‡HÅ"
Do you have a suggestion of how i can solve this problem?
Thanks for your appreciated help.
Try with this:
Open follower/includes/follower.php
Find

$text = preg_replace('#((?:^|\s)+@)([^<>\s]+)#e', "'\$1' . strtolower('\$2')", $text);
Replace with

$text = preg_replace('#((?:^|\s)+@)([^<>\s]+)#e', "'\$1' . utf8_strtolower('\$2')", $text);
Find

$sql_where .= 'WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('LOWER(user_follow_name)', array_map('utf8_clean_string', array_unique($matches1[1])));
Replace with

$sql_where .= 'WHERE ' . $db->sql_in_set('LOWER(user_follow_name)', array_unique($matches1[1]));
Find

$find = array(
               '@[' . strtolower($row['username']) . ']',
               '@[' . strtolower($row['username_clean']) . ']',
            );
Replace with

$find = array(
					'@' . utf8_strtolower($row['user_follow_name']),
					'@[' . utf8_strtolower($row['username']) . ']',
					'@[' . utf8_strtolower($row['username_clean']) . ']',
				);
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

TheDani wrote:Help.
One of my users that is following me, complains that he is getting a new email every time I post. He has set "When a user that I follow post a message" and "When a user that I follow post an topic" to "no notify". Any other suggestions?
There are now more people complaining that they are receiving unwanted emails each time a user they follow posts. Does anyone else have issue with receiving unwanted emails ?
canidev

Post by canidev »

TheDani wrote:
TheDani wrote:Help.
There are now more people complaining that they are receiving unwanted emails each time a user they follow posts. Does anyone else have issue with receiving unwanted emails ?
I check this problem in a test forum and this error no appears.
Does it happen to all users or only some?
The problem persists if users mark all notifications like "Do not notify"?

PD: You can turn off all email notifications from the ACP to stop unwanted emails reach out while I can not find the problem.
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

So far 3 normal/registered users have reported that they receive unwanted emails. I, who is an admin, do not receive any unwanted mails. They have confirmed to me that they have set "No notify" to both "When a user that I follow post an topic" and to "When a user that I follow post a message".
The mails contains the text: "New post Notification - Hi username, You are receiving this because someOtherUser has p..."
I don't know how to turn it off in ACP.
Edit: I did set Notifications allowed in ACP to Only send PM notifications. Think that dirty fix seems to be the solution here, at least temporary.
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

A new little issue: hashtags aren't parsed, meaning they are not linked when you write a hashtag in a post. Any idea about this?
canidev

Post by canidev »

TheDani wrote:So far 3 normal/registered users have reported that they receive unwanted emails. I, who is an admin, do not receive any unwanted mails. They have confirmed to me that they have set "No notify" to both "When a user that I follow post an topic" and to "When a user that I follow post a message".
The mails contains the text: "New post Notification - Hi username, You are receiving this because someOtherUser has p..."
I don't know how to turn it off in ACP.
Edit: I did set Notifications allowed in ACP to Only send PM notifications. Think that dirty fix seems to be the solution here, at least temporary.
I don't find the problem for the moment but, i try to solve it as soon as possible.
TheDani wrote:A new little issue: hashtags aren't parsed, meaning they are not linked when you write a hashtag in a post. Any idea about this?
In a test forum i no find any problem.
Do you use "special" characters in the hastags or only "normal" letters?
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

Plain normal letters. Hashtag trends in profile works fine though.
yukirina

Post by yukirina »

Hello, I have uninstalled cBB follower then reinstalled it. Unfortunately after doing this, the hashtag and mentions stopped working. Just to make sure it wasn't the files at work, I have installed a clean slate of phpbb 3.0.12 installed cBB follower, uninstalled, then reinstalled. The hashtags and mentions do not work. I'm willing to assume there are some problems with SQL data; would appreciate help in fixing my problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”