[RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
canidev

Re: [Beta] cBB Follower 1.0.0

Post by canidev » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:41 pm

FCproductions wrote:Thank you, this is a great feature, but I had to uninstall because of that error. I will fix, and try again.

Personal requests:
-can you make an option for dark buttons and backrounds? I use twilightBB, and the bright silver buttons and tab backrounds do not look very good. Profile floating button, follow button, tabs on the profiles + backrounds, etc..,

-With the twilightBB theme, the floating profile button which appears in the header, does not appear at the top of the screen, it appears under the header. If you have a demo board, look for yourself. Otherwise, I will snap a screenshot for you when I re-install this with the fix you provided above.

-Remove some of the spacing on the profiles on either side. I use your blockgets mod, and it is impossible to create 2 columns on the left and right side, as there is a huge spacing problem between either column and the follower profile module. Again, I can try to provide screenshots for you if needed.

-Ability to add custom tabs. I also use "Thanks mod", "Medals 0.21.0", and "UPS Easy Shop 0.7.0". Which I could not find a good place to put the html on the Follower profile set up.

-Align the user information to the left, instead of center.

Again, thanks for your work. I can provide screenshots for you for any of these things, as I am sure that I am not the only one who would like these features. I will look into a donation to help the developer make progress before the new release.
As cBB Blockgets, I adapted this mod for more styles, I will starting with twilightBB :)

I check the other request for the version 1.0.2 because the version 1.0.1 is already avaliable.

FCproductions

Re: [RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

Post by FCproductions » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Wonderful, I will test it out tonight. What changes did you make to it?

The reason why I ask, is because I cannot use this without some changes being made that I listed in my previous post.

Also, send me a PM with a link to somewhere where I can donate. I appreciate you working on this. I can wait until 1.0.2, no problem.

:)

canidev

Post by canidev » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 am

FCproductions wrote:Wonderful, I will test it out tonight. What changes did you make to it?

The reason why I ask, is because I cannot use this without some changes being made that I listed in my previous post.
The smallest changes are:
  • Fixed some bugs.
  • Check and updated all the code.
  • New Mention system(A list of users appears when you are writing) like twitter.
  • New search page to find users and comments.
  • Added hashtags (#) and Trend list.
  • Added Who follow function.
-can you make an option for dark buttons and backrounds? I use twilightBB, and the bright silver buttons and tab backrounds do not look very good. Profile floating button, follow button, tabs on the profiles + backrounds, etc..,

-With the twilightBB theme, the floating profile button which appears in the header, does not appear at the top of the screen, it appears under the header. If you have a demo board, look for yourself. Otherwise, I will snap a screenshot for you when I re-install this with the fix you provided above.

-Remove some of the spacing on the profiles on either side. I use your blockgets mod, and it is impossible to create 2 columns on the left and right side, as there is a huge spacing problem between either column and the follower profile module. Again, I can try to provide screenshots for you if needed.
I will adapted the twilightBB to this mod to solve your problems with it.
Also, send me a PM with a link to somewhere where I can donate. I appreciate you working on this. I can wait until 1.0.2, no problem.
I appreciate any help so I can continue with my projects. For now, the only way is through paypal.
http://www.canidev.com/info.php?i=donate

Thanks

canidev

Post by canidev » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm

I will adapted the twilightBB to this mod to solve your problems with it.
twilightBB for cBB Follower avaliable here :)

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 am

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fwr_buttons in /home/mightymo/public_html/forums/follower/includes/buttons.php on line 22

Got this error after install and trying to view a topic. I have looked, but don't see the problem. Ideas?

canidev

Post by canidev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 am

FCproductions wrote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fwr_buttons in /home/mightymo/public_html/forums/follower/includes/buttons.php on line 22

Got this error after install and trying to view a topic. I have looked, but don't see the problem. Ideas?
I believe this problem is caused by another mod.

cBB Follower load the class "fwr_buttons" only once in the "$user-> setup()" function.
Apparently in your case that function is executed more than once, so the error.
Typically, only loaded once.

Try this to solve the problem with cBB Follower:
1. Open /folllower/includes/follower.php
2. Find:

Code: Select all

include($phpbb_root_path . 'follower/includes/buttons.' . $phpEx);
3.Replace with:

if(!class_exists('fwr_buttons'))
		{
			include($phpbb_root_path . 'follower/includes/buttons.' . $phpEx);
		}

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Magnificent, fixed it right up.

Any input on whether you can add the option for additional tabs?

"-Ability to add custom tabs. I also use "Thanks mod", "Medals 0.21.0", and "UPS Easy Shop 0.7.0". Which I could not find a good place to put the html on the Follower profile set up."

I would like to fully switch to this in place of the profiles, but as I stated before, I do not want to lose that information that my members like to have. I have limited knowledge on code work. I will be making a donation to your paypal for your excellent assistance in getting this working for my site. From what I have previewed to a select handful of members, they absolutely love it.

canidev

Post by canidev » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 pm

The option of custom tags is a lot of work.
I think that i can do it for the next version of the mod.

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 pm

canidev wrote:The option of custom tags is a lot of work.
I would imagine that it would be, so waiting for you to get around to it is no problem for me. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for me to add this information for instance on the right side info box? Or any where in the body for that matter?

The "medals" mod is a little complicated, as it has a dropdown where the medals are listed. But the others are just simple lines of the info.

canidev

Post by canidev » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:43 am

FCproductions wrote:
canidev wrote:The option of custom tags is a lot of work.
I would imagine that it would be, so waiting for you to get around to it is no problem for me. In the meantime, do you have any suggestions for me to add this information for instance on the right side info box? Or any where in the body for that matter?

The "medals" mod is a little complicated, as it has a dropdown where the medals are listed. But the others are just simple lines of the info.
It all depends on what you want to put.
Put it on the right side is easier.

The code base to the right side section is:

<div class="wall-right-side">
		<h2>{YOUR TITLE}</h2>
		{YOUR CONTENT}
	</div>
You can add this code to /styles/{your style}/template/follower/right_side_body.html and add the neccessary php code into /follower.php (after page_header($page_title);)

themarino

Post by themarino » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:01 am

Excellent mod and it seems to be working exactly as needed, many thanks.

A quick question, I'm using another mod that makes use of Jquery (primetime)- so far I have not noticed any mod conflicts arising but just in case, can you tell me where the include jquery is in the Follower mod? I've searched through the files but I didn't find it anywhere yet.

Thanks!

canidev

Post by canidev » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 am

themarino wrote:A quick question, I'm using another mod that makes use of Jquery (primetime)- so far I have not noticed any mod conflicts arising but just in case, can you tell me where the include jquery is in the Follower mod? I've searched through the files but I didn't find it anywhere yet.
The Mod includes the "noConflict" to avoid errors with other libraries.
The js files are in /follower/src/ folder and jquery files are loaded by /styles/{your style}/template/follower/follower_header.html

The mod uses jFollower instead of jQuery and delete the jQuery object after create the jFollower object avoid problems with other mods.

themarino

Post by themarino » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:54 pm

canidev wrote:
themarino wrote:A quick question, I'm using another mod that makes use of Jquery (primetime)- so far I have not noticed any mod conflicts arising but just in case, can you tell me where the include jquery is in the Follower mod? I've searched through the files but I didn't find it anywhere yet.
The Mod includes the "noConflict" to avoid errors with other libraries.
The js files are in /follower/src/ folder and jquery files are loaded by /styles/{your style}/template/follower/follower_header.html

The mod uses jFollower instead of jQuery and delete the jQuery object after create the jFollower object avoid problems with other mods.
Excellent! Many thanks for that.

I have found one problem, when trying to edit content produced by the PrimeTime modules I get a cannot redeclare class fatal error as follows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class fwr_buttons in [full path...]/forum/follower/includes/buttons.php on line 21

Line 21 of the buttons.php reads as follows: class fwr_buttons

Can anyone help with that? I think I can solve it by include_once or similar but I tried a few times and kept getting syntax errors so obviously my coding ability is rubbish. Can someone please help?
Thanks in advance!

canidev

Post by canidev » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:20 pm

themarino

Post by themarino » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Many thanks, that fixed the problem successfully.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”