[RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
FCproductions

Re: [RC] cBB Follower 1.0.1

Post by FCproductions » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 am

Having some conflict issues with the Precise Similar Topics II installed. On viewtopics, the quick mention buttons in all title columns are not responding. On the same page, within the "Similar Topics" mod, the same button shows up in every header bar. Is it possible to remove the buttons from all places, but keep the follow name of the user over the ranks?

I want to keep the "@followname" here...

But remove the buttons from locations...

canidev

Post by canidev » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

FCproductions wrote:Having some conflict issues with the Precise Similar Topics II installed. On viewtopics, the quick mention buttons in all title columns are not responding. On the same page, within the "Similar Topics" mod, the same button shows up in every header bar. Is it possible to remove the buttons from all places, but keep the follow name of the user over the ranks?

I want to keep the "@followname" here...

But remove the buttons from locations...
I think that you have an error in your installation because I tested cBB Follower with Precise Similar Topics in twilightBB style and the result is this:

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:02 pm

I have several other mods running on that same page, so I wonder if one of them may be conflicting. I will just have to play with it and try to figure it out. Thanks for looking!

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:56 am

I do not see why it is doing this, but it is now messing with my bbcode. Breaking every other input in posts. My question, is will I lose everything if I were to uninstall, then re-install?

Outside of that, what could be causing this to happen? Can I remove that feature off the viewopic screen completely?

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:06 am

I do not want to bump this post, but if you could give me some ideas on how to correct this, or give me some insight on my previous post and the possible queries I would appreciate it. It is really screwing with the bbcode in posts and is becoming troublesome.

canidev

Post by canidev » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:54 am

FCproductions wrote:I do not see why it is doing this, but it is now messing with my bbcode. Breaking every other input in posts. My question, is will I lose everything if I were to uninstall, then re-install?

Outside of that, what could be causing this to happen? Can I remove that feature off the viewopic screen completely?
It is an error that I have not been able to reproduce for review.
The only way I can help is if I register on your forum to see the problem.

To remove this button from the forum, you must open /styles/twilightBB/template/follower/follower_header.html
Find and Remove this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME eq 'viewtopic' -->$('table:has(textarea):last').find('th').add_fw_edit('textarea[name=message]');<!-- ENDIF -->

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:24 pm

It's ok, I have removed it and I am happy with that. Thank you for the assistance!

ettrick

Post by ettrick » Sat May 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Nice mod.

Anyway, I can't reply to a comment made. I'm thinking that this is a js error, can you help me?

Here's my board url: http://kingdomhearts7.com/forum/

ettrick

Post by ettrick » Sun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I have even added the permissions right, and it's still not working. It's definitely a js error.

ettrick

Post by ettrick » Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Please, can someone help me?

canidev

Post by canidev » Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm

If you use firefox or chrome open the console error log and see if appears any error when you try to reply a comment or when the page is loaded.

You can try to use the mod in the demo board to test if the same error occurs.

ettrick

Post by ettrick » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

No errors that I can see, however, I do see errors on the index page with mchat. Should I uninstall cbbfollower and try again?

_Al

Post by _Al » Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 am

one of the top 3 mods ever made for pbphh3, I recommend this mod

One small suggestion:
A small down-arrow with a dropdown box that lists all forums on the board. Maybe located next to options tab, top-left?

patmawan

Post by patmawan » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

First of, great mod!

I installed it in my Forum (phpBB 3.0.11 with custom theme and some mods) and I have this little problem while I was installing:

After the installation, while the script works perfectly and the mentions and followers can be clicked on, I have the 'Internal service error' message pop up each and everytime.

As well as when I clicked on 'More Information' on the wall page.

At first I suspect it's the problem with jQuery. I also installed the jQuery Pack for phpBB and the Ajax like. But after I try install the three mods in the same fresh phpbb, the problem was gone. So I guess it's one of the other mods. Can you help?

FCproductions

Post by FCproductions » Fri May 24, 2013 3:48 am

Hello author,
can you add some code to link the user's profile on the right side of the follower? The only thing that this mod does not have, is a way to get to the user's main profile if the follower is not set as primary.

Thanks x1,000,000!

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”