[DEV] Hotaru and phpBB bridge

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
vortexhlp

[DEV] Hotaru and phpBB bridge

Post by vortexhlp »

I figured it's about time to work on a bridge for this as Hotaru is fairly popular but as it turns out it's a strange process to get it to work with phpBB and the author of Hotaru doesn't want to support these forums. At the present time you have to install a special version with joomla (maybe even wordpress as well) and then use that to create a bridge with phpBB. Unfortunately, this is no longer supported and doesn't work and even if it did work it's not an efficient way to go. So maybe we can work together and make a phpBB bridge.

I have created the basics, which I think would be located in the file /Hotaru.php

Code: Select all

//PHPBB and Hotaru Bridge (from within Hotaru)
//Not sure how to continue this, or how to validate at this point

//requires $phpbbbridge inclusion somewhere

public function getUser($userid); // Checks if "Hotaru" News has userid of guest or registered
{
	if ($userid >= 1); // if logged in, then do nothing (Updating profiles are not necessary as they will share the same IDs)
	{
		elseif ($userid = 0); // if not logged in, what's the reason?
		{
			if ($phpbbbridge['userid'] >= 1); //checks if user is logged in phpbb
			{
				//if yes then execute a mySQL injection from the phpBB database to the Hotaru database

//mySQL injection is INCOMPLETE

}
			elseif ($phpbbbridge['userid'] = 0 || NULL); // The user is not in the phpBB database, therefore they are just a guest, do nothing.
			{
			// User is a guest, do nothing here but treat them well ;)
			}
		}
	}
}
I'm not sure if this is proper PHP, I know very little about it. I will edit this thread as many times as necessary when new code is added. Thank you!

The Hotaru CMS can be found here: http://www.hotarucms.org/

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”