[RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

Post by Mick »

abcEzy wrote:is there one for phpbb3 v 3.1.5 at all?
or any that work with that version?
You should have a search of the extensions forums and, if you find nothing that suits your purpose, post in [3.1.x] Extension Requests.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
abcEzy

Post by abcEzy »

like i didnt do that already? Ive been a member of this forum for years, i know what the rules are, unlike many others.. and i have done a search for HOURS...

so my question remains.
Theriddler1
Name: Theriddler❶

Post by Theriddler1 »

abcEzy wrote:is there one for phpbb3 v 3.1.5 at all?

or any that work with that version?

Cheers
There is an extension called 'Post Love'
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2246576

Still in Beta though
Theriddler - Former Moderator @ phpBB.nl | phpBBservice.nl Team-member
Image My Extensions | buy me a beer Image
abcEzy

Post by abcEzy »

Cheers, yeh, i see that, not the one im look for though I'm afraid.

The one I'm looking for, which works on other versions of phpbb... is just above the post or below the O.P's and or the repliers post, it shows all the forum usernames that actually liked the post. It had a FB look and feel to it - d'oh just realised that this is the one Im looking for, and if its still being worked on?
Mr.Claus

Post by Mr.Claus »

Hi guys! Help me please!

I have Rockettheme and I did a little changes in template, so when I press "I like", I go to header of page and "likes" don't appear... But I have workable with "likes" prosilver template. Can you let me know what a problem I have?

My viewtopic_body.html here
http://battlefield-game.ru/like/viewtopic_body.html

Thank you for your time and help!
nicotinemilk

Post by nicotinemilk »

amblabs!

I don't know if you're still reading these... But I just registered to say NICE WORK ON THIS! I've been able to modify it a bit to fit with the needs of my forum, and it's really great! Nice work!

If you do happen to still be around, did you ever get to adding a limit to the number of times a person can like per day? That is an absolute must for me because my forum members are insane and will absolutely abuse this if there isn't the option... Bunch of crazies.

The only other feature that I think would be cool is if you added a dynamic alt code that changed based on how many likes a person received... so while hovering over a value of 0-10 would say something like "this person is terrible... 11-20 "this person is getting noticed"... 21-30 "whatever whatever" etc, etc.

AGAIN, REALLY GREAT MOD!!

I haven't seen you very active since early this year so I hope you get this message. :-(
nicotinemilk

Post by nicotinemilk »

Actually, scratch that emobats is who I meant to thank!

I see he got married and abandoned this project... Bummer. If I knew how to fix anything, I would carry it on... But I am dumb and just know how to manipulate what is already there.

RIP
nicotinemilk

Post by nicotinemilk »

I apologise for all the posts in a row!

If anyone here knows how I could modify this mod to restrict the number of likes a person can give a day, that would be incredible!

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”