[RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Inspire64

Re: [RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

Post by Inspire64 »

Hi, Thanks for your nice mod
but how to activate thanks for global announcements?
i think be better if like enabled by default for all forums
have a nice time
whatnot

Post by whatnot »

I tried installing this mod and it isn't working. The like buttons are missing but I think I have the permissions set right.
After enabling the mod in the permissions this showed up under the usernames in all posts.
{ AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }
{ AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }

Where did I screw up? I am using the default prosilver theme.

My forum is www.outdoorboilerforums.com
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

whatnot wrote:I tried installing this mod and it isn't working. The like buttons are missing but I think I have the permissions set right.
After enabling the mod in the permissions this showed up under the usernames in all posts.
{ AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }
{ AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }

Where did I screw up? I am using the default prosilver theme.

My forum is http://www.outdoorboilerforums.com
Make sure you have uploaded all files, including the language files (and double check edits)
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
whatnot

Post by whatnot »

I think I did but I will have to go over everything again I guess.

My first attempt was a couple weeks ago and it failed. Since it was partially done I might have missed something today.
whatnot

Post by whatnot »

Ok, I am really new to this and not sure I put the files in the correct place.

Where exactly should the files go? (I think they are in the right place)

I edited all the files with wordpad. It put all everything I added in single lines.

I am going to try re-doing them all using notepad++
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

whatnot wrote:Ok, I am really new to this and not sure I put the files in the correct place.

Where exactly should the files go? (I think they are in the right place)

I edited all the files with wordpad. It put all everything I added in single lines.

I am going to try re-doing them all using notepad++
For a start, don't use wordpad as it will mess up your files. I would suggest that you restore your board from a backup that you made and take a look at https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/offi ... /faq/f_792 or viewtopic.php?f=225&t=1367815
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

I use absolution theme with socialnetwork MOD. I have re installed this MOD twice now with everything okay but without like button. Will this MOD work with socialnetwork? Thinking it is the cause for the conflict.
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

Kaycee wrote:I use absolution theme with socialnetwork MOD. I have re installed this MOD twice now with everything okay but without like button. Will this MOD work with socialnetwork? Thinking it is the cause for the conflict.
socialnetwork break so many mods that it's not even funny and I can't see many people using it at all.

There is some info here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2162699&start=195#p13216460 but I don't think that would be enough to get it going.

Also did you make the required edits for the absolution theme?

Also you need to make sure that you only load one copy of jquery and I should also point out that you can't like your own post.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
whatnot

Post by whatnot »

I did find an error in one of my earlier edits. After fixing that the tect under usernames is like this and there is no like button:
Liked in: post

I just went through and made all the edits with notepad++. (I used unedited copies of all files)
I had to put a couple of them back to the versions I had edited with wordpad. The permissions page in the ACP wouldn't load so I had to put that one back and the view topic file made the board unusable. I get this error when the file is uploaded:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function build_like_list() in /home/boilerforums/outdoorboilerforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1554

**EDIT** Just found the user control panel was dead too so had to change that file back too.
***EDIT AGAIN*** I found a couple more errors I had made. Now I have the like buttons showing but they don't do anything.

I noticed some of the "find" code can be found multiple times on some of the files. Do I need to add the code after every time or just on the first find.
whatnot

Post by whatnot »

Here is one of them. In includes/functions.php this line is found 11 times
$template->assign_vars(array(

Do I paste the same code after each instance of it?
Mizrachi

Post by Mizrachi »

I will be glad if you can help me:
When I am clicking the "Like" button, he's referring me to " http://mydomain.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=75# ", that get me to the top of the page. What can I do? Thanks.
Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

Can someone help me with this MOD. I have install more than 3 times everything went well but like is not showing. As advice by clova28, i uninstalled jquery. what are my doing wrong?
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

** please read FIX COMMON PROBLEMS at the end of this post before sending your question about problems **

*** if mod not working and you need help from me, you should:
first check all suggestion in FIX COMMON PROBLEMS section. second if problem continue, install firebug addon in firefox, active it and refresh page and let me know if you see any error message in console tab. I have not enough time to visit every board and find every problem sorry :( I also do not support custom themes, you may hire a designer to make this mod working in a custom theme.
Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

I have installed Firebug addon in Moxilla. In the console tab, it generate the below

Code: Select all

Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js#xfbml=1 (line 57)

FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().2 all.js#xfbml=1 (line 57)
GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k...RSTM41Eqpc162U7v6PFn23nbnLjkRxw/cb=gapi.loaded_0 200 OK 603ms	fastbu...9727615 (line 28)

GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k...RSTNaZILjltpOKUAZRgjTT17hGlwtNg/cb=gapi.loaded_1 200 OK 980ms	
fastbu...9727615 (line 28)

GET https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yB/r/_0YbRX5Oww-.js 200 OK 609ms	like.p...es=true (line 3)

16:56:0.662 CSI/tbsd_
16:56:0.664 CSI/_tbnd
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Emosbat, why don't you just download the external libraries from Google and package them with your mod?

Good website code comes from having everything right there in the directory tree, not in the cloud or dependent on someone else's router and firewall setup, or a site that might be down for any other reason.

My two cents.. 8-)
Muggins

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”