[RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
MadMagoo
Name: Jo

Re: [RC] phpBB Ajax Like

Post by MadMagoo »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the download from the first page, purged my caches, checked all file edits and yet I am still not seeing the like button. The likes appear in the profile info to the left of the post and the 0 new likes appears in the header but the link is empty. There is no like button on profiles either. What have I missed?
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

MadMagoo wrote:I have uninstalled and reinstalled the download from the first page, purged my caches, checked all file edits and yet I am still not seeing the like button. The likes appear in the profile info to the left of the post and the 0 new likes appears in the header but the link is empty. There is no like button on profiles either. What have I missed?
Hi,
make sure you set premissions:
FIX COMMON PROBLEMS:

Like button do not aprear:
- make sure that you set Group/User Permissions and Group forum Permissions to allow like posts.
- if you use theme rather than prosilver/subsliver2 you should copy files from prosilver/subsliver2 folder of mod package to your theme folder depend on what your theme base is (prosilver or subsliver2).
- if you use language rather than english, copy all language files to folder of your language (if translate not exist).
bbthailand
Translator

Post by bbthailand »

Very good emosbat,
MadMagoo
Name: Jo

Post by MadMagoo »

OK, I have had no luck even after setting permissions which were already set. I have decided to delete it after combing through the code to see what I could do to get it to work but failed to find anything.

The problem I have now is that I have uninstalled using automod which went smoothly but when I view the forum it shows me the following underneath peoples names and avatars next to each post:

{ AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }
{ AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT }: { AL_POST_TEXT }

Now I am guessing this is a SQL error but with the table now gone, I am not sure what else could be the problem??? I am finding also that I am having to manually go through and delete the files from my directories as automod hasn't gotten rid of all of them. Any suggestions???

Never mind, I found the last few dregs of code hiding in the directories and removed them and a purge of the cache and all is good - sorry to bother you :)
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

it is not a db error. you can manually remove it from viewtopic_body.html.
search for:

Code: Select all

<!-- ajaxlike -->
		<dd><strong>{L_AL_LIKE_COUNT_TEXT}:</strong> {postrow.LIKES} <!-- IF postrow.LIKES > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
		<dd><strong>{L_AL_LIKED_COUNT_TEXT}:</strong> {postrow.LIKED} <!-- IF postrow.LIKED > 1 -->{L_AL_POSTS_TEXT}<!-- ELSE -->{L_AL_POST_TEXT}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
		<!-- ajaxlike -->
I can not tell you what was problem. you may didn't manually modified template correctly (if you didn't used automod).

try checking and removing all changes from template and php files (follow install_mod.xml), make a backup of files and then try installing mod again. hope this work.
ZeNaNLi

Post by ZeNaNLi »

See here for Turkish translation v1.0.0.

Thank you for the MOD.
_Al

Post by _Al »

Great mod! works great
But i am having issuies seting permissions and only see the Like in one forum, even thu i thank o have set it for all my forums.

Thankz
junxien

Post by junxien »

hi i've copied all the files..
it seems like working until
user like the post, refreshed the topic page, and there is a command like again(doesnt show unlike)..and when clicked it return Invalid Request
note : only first post of thread is working fine

may i know how to fix this?
thanks before for this useful mod
HomlessScientist

Post by HomlessScientist »

is there any way we could import "Thank For Post" mod data to this mod ? I have thank for post mod and already thousands of thanks been on posts
balboag
Name: Gerardo

Post by balboag »

HomlessScientist wrote:is there any way we could import "Thank For Post" mod data to this mod ? I have thank for post mod and already thousands of thanks been on posts

Code: Select all

insert into phpbb_likes (post_id, topic_id, poster_id, user_id, like_date, like_state, like_read) select post_id, topic_id, poster_id, user_id, thanks_time, 0, 0 from phpbb_thanks;
Artack

Post by Artack »

Very nice mod.
How many sql queries add this mod add to viewtopic?
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 »

Artack wrote:Very nice mod.
How many sql queries add this mod add to viewtopic?
I counted at least 2 additional sql queries for each post and some other queries on viewtopic.
Fresh board after instalation and set up 10 posts per page:
-without likes - 11 sql queries,
-with likes - 36 sql queries.

It is is far from the optimization.
Please do not PM me for support.
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

I tried to group some of queries but sure it can be more optimized. i have no time for this now, try to do it in next version.
what problem?
Great mod! works great
But i am having issuies seting permissions and only see the Like in one forum, even thu i thank o have set it for all my forums.

Thankz
double check permissions
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 »

You can try to make sql query similar to get post attachments. One additional sql query which gets all neccessary data. :)
Please do not PM me for support.
junxien

Post by junxien »

emosbat wrote:I tried to group some of queries but sure it can be more optimized. i have no time for this now, try to do it in next version.
what problem?
Great mod! works great

Thankz
double check permissions
i've copied all the files..
it seems like working until
user like the post, refreshed the topic page, and there is a command like again(doesnt show unlike)..and when clicked it return Invalid Request
note : only first post of thread is working fine

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”