[RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
mladiucitelj

Re: [RC2] phpBB Ajax Like

Post by mladiucitelj »

Looks like very interesting mod. But I already use Reputation system mod. Does use of both mods (yours and RS) makes any sense?
Don't forget to clear cache, refresh template, theme and imageset, double check all files :)

My mod: [MODDB] Menu System
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

mladiucitelj wrote:Looks like very interesting mod. But I already use Reputation system mod. Does use of both mods (yours and RS) makes any sense?
maybe try it. it is one your hand.
Crazzel wrote:It is possible create received Like List and Liked in user view profile or add link to this?
not in this version.
RMcGirr83 wrote:You are using invalid html in your code
(<a href="#" onclick="ajaxlike_liked_listbox('{AJAXLIKE_NOTIFY_CALLBACK}'); return false;"><span id="ajaxlike_not_new"><b>{AL_NEW_LIKE}</b>{L_AL_LIKE_NEW}</span></a>)[/code]

<b> is deprecated and should be changed to <strong>
I am not sure <B> is deprecated tag.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_b.asp
According to the HTML 5 specification, the <b> tag should be used as a LAST resort when no other tag is more appropriate. The HTML 5 specification states that headings should be denoted with the <h1> to <h6> tags, emphasized text should be denoted with the <em> tag, important text should be denoted with the <strong> tag, and marked/highlighted text should use the <mark> tag.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

RMcGirr83 wrote:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_b.asp
According to the HTML 5 specification, the <b> tag should be used as a LAST resort when no other tag is more appropriate. The HTML 5 specification states that headings should be denoted with the <h1> to <h6> tags, emphasized text should be denoted with the <em> tag, important text should be denoted with the <strong> tag, and marked/highlighted text should use the <mark> tag.
it is not deprecated in html4 that is what document type prosilver use but I change it in next version to be more compatible in html5. thanks :)
yops

Post by yops »

Very nice mod, good work!
tested and installed, it works just perfect :D
I have a small request:
Can you please add the change logs for each update?
e_angel

Post by e_angel »

Very nice mod...i can't wait for final version :D
nomad05

Post by nomad05 »

I moved from another forum software to phpbb and previously had a like/dislike system. People love it and want it implemented on the new forum. What ever makes the people happy I say.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the release.
zigic

Post by zigic »

First of all, I like this Mod very much, it looks like something im looking for, great job.

Im using subsilver, you said it's supported, but on http://phpbblab.emosbat.com/ajaxlike/ looks funny if I change the style in UCP to subsilver. Is there any other place to put that, like shown in attached picture?

Has this mod already been officialy released? Is it safe to use on live board?

Im also wondering if I can set this mod so that it will only show how many likes a post has received but not who liked it (user who posted would still know who liked the post but everyone else not)?

emosbat

Post by emosbat »

it should be there but I am not sure why displayed at top. open template and review viewtopic_body.html change from install_mod.xml to find which one is incorrect.
zigic

Post by zigic »

Can I set this mod so that it will only show how many likes a post has received but not who liked it (user who posted would still know who liked the post but everyone else not)?

And can I delete/disable so it will only show number of "liked in" and it will not show "likes" ?
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

you can disable likes in profile from acp and remove `liked` counter from template.
zigic

Post by zigic »

What about my first question?
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

do you mean in topic? no that is not possible
mladiucitelj

Post by mladiucitelj »

mladiucitelj wrote:Looks like very interesting mod. But I already use Reputation system mod. Does use of both mods (yours and RS) makes any sense?
Just want so see your opinion, to discuss it if anyone uses both.
Don't forget to clear cache, refresh template, theme and imageset, double check all files :)

My mod: [MODDB] Menu System
emosbat

Post by emosbat »

mladiucitelj wrote:
Just want so see your opinion, to discuss it if anyone uses both.
you can use both of them there is no conflict between two mods.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”