[RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.4.3 - AJAX maps OSM GOOGLE BING

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
leschek

Re: [RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.4.3 - AJAX maps OSM GOOGLE BING

Post by leschek »

Hi ostridm,

I think it is great update. I found a problem, but maybe it is related to my forum only - more in point 1.

1. It seems that on my test forum don't work maps in topics. Well, they works, but shows the very same map markers and I'm not able to set map zoom - they use zoom setting from viewforum zoom. I also can't see attachments on viewtopic maps. I checked your forum and it looks OK, so I will try to reinstall the forum and MOD.

2. Attachment icon border : I think the hex RGBA format is too complicated for normal admins. I'm using graphic programs very often, but I didn't hear about RGBA hex code before. It would be nice to put into explanation the link to some online picker, where user can choose the color, or use only RGB hex code.

3. The pagination on main map is quite strange, when on the side bar are not map markers. It took me while to figure out that there is more than 1 map (I mean page). It shows 113 map markers, but on map is only 20 markers. First I zoomed out to see rest of them and then I saw the pagination. I would be helpful if you can add there "113 map markers on 6 pages" or something like that. Or even better if markers can be shown on page by location, so it will group the markers by distance, so it will show all the markers from Moskva on one page.

4. Would be nice if user could edit location of photo attachment when editing the post -
where "Pin attachment to the map at position: xx.xxxxxxx,yy.yyyyyy" is.
leschek

Post by leschek »

leschek wrote:1. It seems that on my test forum don't work maps in topics. Well, they works, but shows the very same map markers and I'm not able to set map zoom - they use zoom setting from viewforum zoom. I also can't see attachments on viewtopic maps. I checked your forum and it looks OK, so I will try to reinstall the forum and MOD.
I reinstalled the forum and the MOD and unfortunately I can see the same behavior I wrote about in point 1. It looks like the viewtopic map is replaced by viewforum map.
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

Hi leschek

it may depend on 'Integration type' switch. Topic map replaced by forum map for 'Directory' mode, please check.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Yes, you are right. Maps were in directory mode. Now it works. Sorry for wasting your time.
UncleVIBES

Post by UncleVIBES »

I am trying your mod and I liked very much.
This is your actual setup for the bbcode.
the mod built in bbcode definition is

Code: Select all

[directmap id={IDENTIFIER1}]{TEXT1}[/directmap]

the definition is

<a href="#" onclick="popup('./geotopics.php?i=popup&'+'{IDENTIFIER1}'.substring(0,1) +'='+'{IDENTIFIER1}'.substring(1), 800, 600); return false;">{TEXT1}</a>

this is safe - because {TEXT1} allowing to insert anything is placed between HTML and {IDENTIFIER1} guarantees it cinstains "Characters from the latin alphabet (A-Z), numbers, hyphen and underscore" only
Is there a way to integrate and not to pop up the map inside posts?
Tried with 32757 map markers working well but on 328 pages.
Is there a way to put all markers on one map instead? The idea is to show number of users through continents (it's an international board)
What do you think?

Also I am using prosilver related skin. It works very well with prosilver but with my skin I can't read the description of the markers on the right (page board map): post markers, member markers... There is a picture but it is unreadable. Thank you for your mod it's funny to get the demonstration that the board really have fans over the world.
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

Hi UncleVIBES

as to in-page bbcode maps - at the very first sight the mod design does not allow many maps on the page just exactly one. may be i will do something as you suggest in the future. please explain how do you propose make integration? separate map inside each post or something else like regular post-attached markers?

as to marker count on the page - you are able to adjust that count via ACP (appearance section). i advise you not to set that count more than 1000 markers. I tested markers at my iPad (the old one with A5X processor) google chrome died on 5K markers.

as to prosilver related skin - propably you need to made some extra edits if your skin has its own overall_(footer|header).html simple_(footer|header).html files the edits must follow the installation instuctions for prosilver. see mod_install.xml file.

by the way. description of markers are shown at the forum and topic maps only. global maps (and user private maps too) do not have this function.
UncleVIBES

Post by UncleVIBES »

as to prosilver related skin - propably you need to made some extra edits if your skin has its own overall_(footer|header).html simple_(footer|header).html files the edits must follow the installation instuctions for prosilver. see mod_install.xml file.
I have been following with precision your XML instructions. here is the page on the testing forum: http://dcs.dj/geotopics.php
What about one mod only? Do you mean it can't work with a portal? Even if I don't put blocks on your map page? Or may be it's related different mods using all different java instructions?
My problem with pop up is that on many brownser it is rejected!
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

Looked into.... It seems no extra edits need. It seems you did not regenerated style. Just try to regenerate your style in ACP than reload in browser with Ctrl+F5.

To be more precious i would like to say - one board page can host one dynamic map. No any other mod dependency exists.
I get you with popup rejection, may be somehow it would be possible to host the map directly in-page with jQuery i will take a look a bit later.
UncleVIBES

Post by UncleVIBES »

Thanks...
But the skin is really refreshed many times since! too much jquery different on the same page?
It will be much more spectacular included in post and not in pop up... So if you have time... Maybe...
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

hi,
At last I have some time to spent it to inplace BBCODE... I'am not pretty sure it will work perfectly everywhere but you can try... NO JQUERY required... just replace existing bbcode definition + adjust ./geotopics.php path

demo http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/viewtopic.php?p=173#p173

[directmap id={IDENTIFIER1}]{TEXT1}[/directmap]

<a href="#" onclick="javascript: var nd = document.createElement('div'); this.parentNode.insertBefore(nd, this); this.parentNode.removeChild(this);nd.innerHTML = '<iframe src="./geotopics.php?i=popup&'+'{IDENTIFIER1}'.substring(0,1) +'='+'{IDENTIFIER1}'.substring(1)+'" width="100%" height="400px" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""  seamless="true" sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation allow-forms" name="non_ymsm_frame" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>'; return false;">{TEXT1}</a>
mrludvigg

Post by mrludvigg »

Hi
Could someone help me with some issues with this mod.

http://bildr.no/image/1627460.jpeg
http://bildr.no/image/1627462.jpeg
The BBcode dosent work and the text on right side is off..
Where can i adjust this?

Ludvigg
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

hi mrludvigg

is that style at the pictures provided - proSilver style?
if not - is works with proSilver?
have you tried to clean browser cache (Ctrl+F5 and so on&)
cold you please expose your installation to the Internet so i can take a look
mrludvigg

Post by mrludvigg »

Hi

My style is proformell, and i dont think this is supported??
Your mod is a great supplementary to my forum.

I tried to clean the cache, refresh template/imageset/theme. + browser cashe.

You can use this test account.

www.natoil.cc
username: user1
password: useruser

Ludvigg
ostridm

Post by ostridm »

ok

i do not see my mod css entries here...
http://www.natoil.cc/style.php?id=4

so...
you need to change proFormel theme.css like proSilver theme.css to include ymsm.css file and after that re-generate proFormell style in ACP and again clear cache.
BTW
Your users will have automatically updated http://www.natoil.cc/style.php?id=4 in a week but you can create "new style" based on proFormell to shift ID to the next one and thus change stylesheet URL, i suppose it will be http://www.natoil.cc/style.php?id=5 (instead of 4) so the cached css will be updated immediately.

please notify after CSS will be corrected - i will look into BBCODE issue.
mrludvigg

Post by mrludvigg »

Hi

thank you sooo much for quick reply..
Really appreciate it.

i fixed the theme.css issue. The ymsm.css was not included as you stated.
looks much better now.. ;)

i think the only thing remains is the bbcode.

Thx again.
Ludvigg

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”