[RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.4.3 - AJAX maps OSM GOOGLE BING

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
ostridm

Re: [DEV] phpBB Geo Topics 1.3.2 - Google | Bing | Yandex |

Post by ostridm » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:57 pm

In fact i realized i cannot select correct wording for English translation.

Places/Locations/Markers/POIs/Positions/Points - so many words and meanings ....

What do you think about correct word for the mark that user will pin|set|mark at the map? I see facebook uses 'place' is it correct? But facebook operates with names of the places translated from geo coordinates to location names.

Please help.

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Thank you for explanation,
English is not my first language, but I would use "map point" or only "point".

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 pm

hi all,

finally i published 1.3.3 http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=132

+ installed it at the demo board, here you can try IP -> geo feature, just register at the demo board than navigate UCP link http://geo.krasnogorie.net/geo/ucp.php? ... e_usermark
of course ip to geo is not very accurate... and probably it will not work for you
also you can observe board wide user map http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?i=fp&m=-2&pr=2

muggins
Name: Donovan

Re: [RC] phpBB Geo Topics 1.3.3 - Board & Personal user maps

Post by muggins » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Testing, thanks. :)
Muggins

leschek

Post by leschek » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 pm

I 'm still testing, but I have one question.
In UCP - Maps - Board Members Map I clicked on "Your map" and I was still on the same page - what is the point of this link? Then I added location, submited it and clicked on "View your map" link. It opened "Your Map" - "All Places", but I didn't see the location I just added. After few minutes of searching I found the location on "Board Members" map. I guess it's OK to find it there, but it's confusing to not find it on "my map" (after all it's the first location I added on my map).

Found few typos:
language/en/mods/ymsm/common.php
line 94:
'YMSM_SYSTAG_USER_EXPLAIN' => 'View location of all the board members who stated their place on th map ',
th -> the

line 127:
'YMSM_NO_USR_MAP_ALLOWED' => 'You are not allowed to manage tour own map.',
tour -> your?

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 pm

It seems there's bug. I will take a look a bit later.

May be some explanation will be useful

Each user has his own privately managed map. Just one per user. He is able to categorize his markers with 3 predefined tags and may be extra tags defined by admin. These markers considered private. They are always reside at user's map.

But, at Ucp, currently named "board user map' section there's a public marker of the board wide user map. User is able to hide himself from map, change marker position or description, but not title.

The couple of links at the top of maps Ucp section should switch the page to user's private map and start adding a new marker to the same user's private map

Is that behavior you see correspond to my description? If so I will change hints or names a t Ucp to eliminate ambiguity. If not there's a bug...

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 am

ostridm wrote:Each user has his own privately managed map. Just one per user. He is able to categorize his markers with 3 predefined tags and may be extra tags defined by admin. These markers considered private. They are always reside at user's map.
I didn't try to add extra admin tags, but it is working as you explained.
ostridm wrote:The couple of links at the top of maps Ucp section should switch the page to user's private map and start adding a new marker to the same user's private map
When I click on link "Your Map" I stay on the same page (it doesn't redirect me anywhere). New Place link opens new page where I can add new marker to private map.
ostridm wrote:But, at Ucp, currently named "board user map' section there's a public marker of the board wide user map. User is able to hide himself from map, change marker position or description, but not title.
It's working as you described, but because link "Your Map" didn't redirect me anywhere I thought that I will add marker into my map. It would help to add there (above "Pin:" - "Pin this post to the map" lines) some title -
"Add your location" (or something like that) and explanation - "Here you can add marker which will be visible on map with locations of members."

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 am

Ok, I will do it. Also will fix broken link and correct typos.

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 am

I maybe have another one. When I click on credits (more--) I see blank page.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 pm

leschek

Post by leschek » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Ostridm,
I have another feedback (I installed the MOD on fresh phpBB 3.0.11):

1. It seems that setting for viewtopic map zoom doesn't work. Both maps (on viewforum and viewtopic) take setting from viewforum zoom.

2. When user set "Map center:" in UCP, it doesn't work on map where user can enter his/her "users personal marker" (there is Moskva).

3. If guests can see the map, they can also see the "users personal marker" on Board Members Map. Would be possible to make permission for it? Maybe option in UCP so each user can choose if his/her personal marker will be shown. Or maybe normal permission in ACP - "Can see Board Members Map"?

4. If user doesn't fill a map marker title, it doesn't show anything on the side panel. Would be possible to use default topic/post title (or three dots or something else) if user doesn't fill title?

5. I understand that markers added in reply are not shown on viewforum map, but it seems that they are not shown on viewtopic map too (but I can see them on featured markers on main map, when I tag them). I mean I can see only one map marker (from a first post of a topic) on viewtopic map. I checked the permissions, but they look OK and "Pin to the map" is on Yes.

6. language files:
language\en\mods\ymsm\common.php
line 34 (not whole line):

Code: Select all

'YMSM_TAB_EXPLAIN'				=> 'Use this tab to define the mep marker designated by this

mep -> map

line 124 and 125:

'YMSM_CREATION'					=> 'New %s',
	'YMSM_CREATION_USR'				=> 'New map marker for your personal map',
it is shown as "New New map marker for your personal map".

language\en\mods\ymsm\credits.php on line 45 is (look on the end of the line):

'YMSM_CB_6'							=> '<a href="http://mapicons.nicolasmollet.com" rel="nofollow">Map Icons Collection</a>',));
Sorry, that I have so many questions, but it is because I really like this MOD.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

hi leschek

thank you for the feedback. I will reply in details as i correct some issues. :)

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 am

Still has not fixed any issue.... I was concentrated on moving mod to AJAX, unfortunately it took too much time... and i decided to give up 1.3.4. Instead of fixing i will include these issues to the next version.

you can look at Ajax maps

global map http://geo.krasnogorie.net/
personal user map http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?u=60&m=11&pr=2
forum map http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?f=2
topic map http://geo.krasnogorie.net/?t=129

leschek

Post by leschek » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:09 am

I like it. I only miss the points names on sidebar on main map - there are tags now.

ostridm

Post by ostridm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 pm

they are in balloons now... ;)

I'm going to replace usage of 'tags' with simple list of 'global' maps. hope it would be more easy to understand how to deal with them.
Also I changed map zoom behavior for global and private user maps, now the map bounding box is calculated to include all the markers being shown at the map page and the map zoom is adjusted accordingly to fit that bounding box. The forum|topic map zooming method still works as in previous versions.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”