Page 7 of 14

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm
by wintstar
Is of ACP --> Load settings --> Recompile stale style components: Yes (activ) ?

This also causes longer load times of the Forum

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm
by pertneer
Mine in set to no
wintstar wrote:Is of ACP --> Load settings --> Recompile stale style components: Yes (activ) ?

This also causes longer load times of the Forum

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:56 pm
by KetchupSamurai
I manually flushed my cache and the issue went away.
Delete all contents in cache folder but index.htm and .htaccess ;)

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 pm
by pertneer
KetchupSamurai wrote:I manually flushed my cache and the issue went away.
Delete all contents in cache folder but index.htm and .htaccess ;)
I did the same thing and you are correct it went away. It must have been a corrupt cache file. Thanks for the tip.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 am
by Jessica
I installed this -- on my test board -- and everything's working fine. However, there's one tiny tiny issue. Not a big deal, but I'll still post it anyways

Image

See the add comment button? the edge at the right side is kinda cut off. I circled it in red. It's not exactly like the add comment button on your KB dev site.

I tried changing the dimensions in styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg, and refreshed the theme and board, but that didn't work....so I'm clueless now.

board: http://area51.chenschool.elementfx.com/index.php

Username: Test
Password: test123

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 am
by pertneer
Jessica wrote:I installed this -- on my test board -- and everything's working fine. However, there's one tiny tiny issue. Not a big deal, but I'll still post it anyways

Image

See the add comment button? the edge at the right side is kinda cut off. I circled it in red. It's not exactly like the add comment button on your KB dev site.

I tried changing the dimensions in styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg, and refreshed the theme and board, but that didn't work....so I'm clueless now.

board: http://area51.chenschool.elementfx.com/index.php

Username: Test
Password: test123
try this
in styles/prosilver/imageset/en/imageset.cfg
find

Code: Select all

img_button_comment_new = button_comment_new.gif*25*119
replace with

Code: Select all

img_button_comment_new = button_comment_new.gif*25*121
Make sure to refresh imageset

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:58 am
by Jessica
That fixed it, thanks.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:50 am
by zenpig
no big deal but in 1.0.5 you left index.htm and index.php in the kb_install directory...depending on how a users server is set up(ex, DirectoryIndex Directive in Apache) when going to kb.php for initial install it can point to the blank index.htm file instead of the intended index.php.

very nice work, btw...I was wondering if anyone was gonna pick this mod up and just discovered your new work on it. thanks :)

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 pm
by mladiucitelj
I know it's BETA, but is 1.0.5 already ok to install it on live board?

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:14 pm
by pertneer
Thanks you for the heads up. I will more specifically redirect to the index.php file and remove the index.htm as it is not needed.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm
by pertneer
mladiucitelj wrote:I know it's BETA, but is 1.0.5 already ok to install it on live board?
You should never install a mod on a live board that is in beta. Unless a mod has been submitted to the MODs database assume it is not ready for a live board. I myself am taking a risk using it on a demo site, but keep track of my logs to make sure no issues arise. Since I am the mod author I use a demo version for all to see and take the risk upon myself.

I do not recommend using it on a live site until it has been accepted into the MODs database.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm
by mladiucitelj
Ok, thank you. But hope it'll be accepted soon. It's very nice and useful mod.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:45 pm
by pertneer
Released Ver_1.0.6

This is being released due to the fact I finished the option to export to pdf. Although it is disabled by default, because you need to download fpdf to use this functionality. Once you download the fpdf.php file you only need to put it into the root/includes/ directory and then turn on the feature in the export plugin.

Also is the option to turn off the copyright symbol itself when using the copyright feature. this will allow the use of custom messages if you do not require the use of a copyright.

I also has some other misc bug fixes to address some other minor language issues.

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm
by mladiucitelj
Great! Installed it on my localhost, testing and have lots of questions and requests on your board :)

Re: [BETA] phpBB3-Knowledgebase

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 am
by idontwantausername
Hi thanks for the mod it works very well haven't had any issues yet.

Is there an RC coming soon or any development news?