[BETA] phpBB infinite scroll

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Blue Blood
Name: Blue Blood

Re: [BETA] phpBB infinite scroll

Post by Blue Blood »

the Xshadow wrote: so balboag, guardianwill, Blue Blood and Jessica you all need that feature, huh?.. ok i see what i can do.
i could do what Blue Blood say but the problem is that pagination doesn't show all the pages, it show 3 points in the middle..
ex: Page 1 of 21 • 1.2.3.4.5 ... 21

hmm.. i figure out something
Not so much need the feature, I just think its a detail that should not be left out.

You could drop pages from the pagination..
Once more and more replies are loaded the pagination drops a page until all replies are loaded and then the pagination only shows 1 page...
or
once more replies are loaded the pagination will change from 1 to 2 , from 2 to 3, and so on..

trangthancb

Post by trangthancb »

great mod. Thank you very much
Sorry, my English is not good.
I'm From VietNam. I'm Buiding PHPBB Forum for VietNamese. :)
My phpBB: Rao vặt Đà Nẵng, Kiếm tiền Online, Y khoa Việt, Đà Nẵng mua bán

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill »

william (guardianwill), thanks I hope your holiday is wonderful as well..
and thanks for your test, i must agree i test it too 2 days ago and it doesn't work on ie8.
the problem is i use a different method than viewtopic to show the loaded posts..
could you try viewtopic from ie8 down to ie6 if you have some spare time.. i got problem running older versions of ie on win8.
thanks again for your time william.
Your welcome, just glad to help. its an awesome mod. Went to test on your demo board but for some reason I keep on getting a 404.

Will try later.

William

guardianwill

Post by guardianwill »

Hey Xshadow,

Hope you are having a grand new year. I hope its a great New Year for all.

Tested it out and still doesn't work for IE8 or ZIE6 upgraded to IE8.

Tested in Firefox, I see the demo is now displaying 2 posts at a time. I tested in the same topic as I did before Topic I tested in Demo with firefox, and tested a little further. It seems to work nicely. Now, if we decide to go through the lot scrolling directly allowing autoscroll to do the work only all is working fine. Go ahead after scrolling to the end and then click page [1] to return to topic and replies. Then click on say page [4] and then use autoscroll, seems to miss the last message to display. It will display reply 10 but not reply 11. Click on [6] and you can see reply 11.

Hope this helps..

William

NguyTieuNhan

Post by NguyTieuNhan »

It not working with phpBB-Seo url, can you show me the way how to fix this problem?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”