OAuth providers currently supported:
Visit this mod's Facebook page if this thread is not enough:
Demo needs some update.
Download it from GitHub: https://github.com/PaoloUmali/OAuthorize-phpBB
Allows forum users to quickly login after they've authorized a social provider to be used in forum login.
This mod will not skip the default phpBB registration process. This is just an addon and all phpBB registration functionalities stay intact. What this does is more-like an assisted registration. In the future, you may expand it to auto-fill some data that you need in custom profile fields directly from what the OAuth provider shares.
After authorization, you will have their OAuth ID saved in your profile fields table. You can easily use that for several things like avatars, etc.. as that is available as long as you know the ID. If you know how to do custom profile fields in the templates, then good for you.
1. Allows login using Facebook accounts binded to forum accounts that authorizes it.
2. Easier registration but users will still have to provide a password just in case they have issues with their Facebook account.
1. Associate a Facebook account into a forum for quick login.
2. Also possible to deauthorize OAuth providers (Facebook) as needed.
Note that this is just an addon.
1. Adding more OAuth providers as they all do the same or similar implementation
The modx file that comes with it seems working when I tried it. I've never tried the new release AutoMod though.
phpBB needs curl for this to work.