[DEV] OAuthorize phpBB (Facebook connect)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
paoloumali

Re: [DEV] OAuthorize phpBB (Facebook connect)

Post by paoloumali » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm sorry but I'm not able to help if the problem is the 'whole' step.
Mods:
OAuthorize phpBB just a simple Facebook login plugin
phpBB Bootstrapped

SwT-CarbonzZ

Post by SwT-CarbonzZ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

If there was a more detailed DIY guide it would be amazing.

Megaresistencia

Post by Megaresistencia » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 am

guardianwill wrote:Hi All, Finally got it installed, it wasn't to hard figuring the newest automod and the mod install are not liking one another, and it all looks good. I know I can manually login.

But when I connect to the app, accept the app and it tries to return me I get this:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'pf_oauth_facebook_id' in 'where clause' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page.

Anyone know how to get me past this?

Thanks..

William
I have the same SQL error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'pf_oauth_facebook_id' in 'where clause' [1054]

paoloumali

Post by paoloumali » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Please proceed with the do it yourself instructions. You need to setup a custom profile field.
Mods:
phpBB Bootstrapped

silneil

Post by silneil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi Paolo,

This mod works with PHPBB 3.07-PL1?

Thanks in advance!

Silnei

camaro92

Post by camaro92 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 am

Does this work with 3.0.11? It seems the last update any thing to do with this mod is 2012.. And with all due respect, I actually found the authors replies to those requesting for help quite RUDE.. Telling people who used your program
I sincerely ask you just not use the mod.
AND
Which of those you don't understand?

hukubu

Post by hukubu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi, I've just installed the plug-in in my forum http://spartakpd.info/forum/ and I think it is working quite well.
The version of phpBB is 3.0.11.
The only difficulty I met was that I had to modify the SQL script by removing the phpbb_ prefix as the tables in my set-up are without this. So INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` became INSERT INTO `config`.

I think it will be even better to get more details from ones FB account during registration and possibly an option to post the comment you have posted in the forum on your FB profile automatically (should be optional of course).

Many thanks to Paolo for developing and sharing!

hukubu

Post by hukubu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 pm

SwT-CarbonzZ wrote:The whole step what and where you have to fill all these things in.
I think the only part which is not clear from the instructions is that it is mandatory to modify file /oauthorize.php with the FB app id and secret from your very own Facebook application and that the records in admin page are currently not considered.

Nabucco

Post by Nabucco » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:44 pm

This is a great mod, but it would be nice if you could actually login only with your facebook account, skipping the default phpBB registration process.

jaiak

Post by jaiak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:12 pm

but this does not allow registration through facebook, only integration but registration must do as usual, right?

AndyBulman

OAuthorize HTTP 500

Post by AndyBulman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 am

it's installed, connected to facebook and working for registered users but it broke the registration system on my forum.

I had expected this to actually add a username to the database of the forum so was surprised to find on redirecting from authorizing my FB account to be informed that no username was associated with the action i just performed and being informed i still had to register for the board.

tried to register from there and then from anywhere and all i get is a 500 error.

and suggestions on what went wrong?

the page it's trying to call is myphpbb/ucp.php?mode=register&sid=

followed by a string of numbers.

Max_S

Post by Max_S » Mon May 13, 2013 11:20 am

Good job Paolo.
Just a note if someone needs it:
the mod doesn't get along very well with postgresql,
i had to modify all the queries in /oauthorize.php and includes/auth/auth_oauth.php to make it comply with the postgres standard, using quotes around text fields and avoiding the mysql style quotation of column names.

Using the $db->sql_build_array() function instead of just escaping the texts would have avoided those troubles. May be you can think of it in a release version.

Have a nice day,
ciao!

paoloumali

Post by paoloumali » Wed May 15, 2013 5:36 pm

I strongly suggest that when you install this mod, you do it on a local server(most likely xampp) and then assign a domain name, e.g. example.com in your hosts file.(127.0.0.1 example.com) which means when you visit example.com, it uses your xampp installation instead of requesting the real domain.

This allows for you to check if a corresponding facebook application working at the comfort of not putting anything on an online server.

The main goal of this mod is to simply capture the user's facebook id. We are placing that amongst the custom profile fields which allows you to show more info(Facebook by default has a set of publicly accessible data)

This mod is not to bypass anything in phpBB. Even the registration is just attaching the facebook ID by javascript when the user decided to register through facebook. They still go through the registration page where they set their password so even if they, just in case, lost access to their FB account, they may still login. Also, in registration it tries to capture the user's facebook username if he has set it, but still will need to be unique in the forum.
Mods:
phpBB Bootstrapped

paoloumali

Post by paoloumali » Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm

This will get an official release after phpBB version moves up. We will just use HybridAuth so we can just use any OAuth provider not just Facebook.
Mods:
phpBB Bootstrapped

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Sat May 25, 2013 4:35 pm

paoloumali wrote:This will get an official release after phpBB version moves up. We will just use HybridAuth so we can just use any OAuth provider not just Facebook.
Just a heads up, Facebook php SDK Apache 2.0 license is not compatible with the phpBB GPL 2 license and therefor cannot be validated including those files into the package.
I had to close my Facebook For phpBB Light mod as the Facebook PHP SDK was the backbone of the mod and not being allowed to include the files to be packaged was a big setback for the mod.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”