[BETA] Medal System MOD 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
wrecked

Re: [BETA] Medal System MOD 0.21.0

Post by wrecked » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Jessica wrote:
wrecked wrote:Hello everyone,

This looks exactly like what I'm looking for--and so much more. It looks like aside from a few requests, the beta-testers are very pleased with this mod. What does it need in order to achieve the 1.0.0 medal?

Cheers...
What do you mean by '1.0.0' medal?
I mean to move out of beta testing and to call it version 1.0 or RC1.

While I'm here, I have a few ideas for the mod. Would it be difficult to add a reset button? That way, we could remove all the medals and start fresh again. And it might be cool if there was a "medals tab" when viewing the UCP.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am

pbrouwers wrote:Happy someone is continueing this mod.

When I award a medal, a PM is send. Is there a way of removing this?
I don't like the PM notification either, so I'm going to try to see if I can remove it and create a new notification. But seeing as I'm really busy and my coding skills are pretty poor, that seems unlikely. Sigh >_> but I'll try.
wrecked wrote:
Jessica wrote:

This looks exactly like what I'm looking for--and so much more. It looks like aside from a few requests, the beta-testers are very pleased with this mod. What does it need in order to achieve the 1.0.0 medal?

Cheers...

While I'm here, I have a few ideas for the mod. Would it be difficult to add a reset button? That way, we could remove all the medals and start fresh again. And it might be cool if there was a "medals tab" when viewing the UCP.
Not sure if I'm ready to move it out of Beta. I'll give it some thought

Not sure I like the reset medals idea...as for the medals tab in the UCP, I'll see what I can do (again can't promise anything, my coding/programming skills suck)
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

pbrouwers

Post by pbrouwers » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Nice!
I will have another look soon to find out if I can find where to remove it.
If I manage to, I will tell you.

wrecked

Post by wrecked » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 am

Jessica wrote:
pbrouwers wrote:Happy someone is continueing this mod.

When I award a medal, a PM is send. Is there a way of removing this?
I don't like the PM notification either, so I'm going to try to see if I can remove it and create a new notification. But seeing as I'm really busy and my coding skills are pretty poor, that seems unlikely. Sigh >_> but I'll try.
Instead of removing it, maybe it could be an option in the ACP. I'm not a fan of the PM either because I'll award half a dozen medals at a time to a single member. But some people like having the options.
Jessica wrote:
wrecked wrote:
Jessica wrote:

Cheers...

Not sure if I'm ready to move it out of Beta. I'll give it some thought

Not sure I like the reset medals idea...as for the medals tab in the UCP, I'll see what I can do (again can't promise anything, my coding/programming skills suck)
The reset button would be handy for me because medals are accumulated annually. Once the new competition season begins, old medals become obsolete. Just a convenience or another option maybe.

How would you go about adding a tab to the UCP? Maybe I can give it a try.

I appreciate the help and the project. I think it's terrific!

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Okay this is a stupid and embarrassing question...

There's one part of this mod that I don't get...and that's the nominations. I notice you can approve nominations. Does anyone have any idea how that even works? I'm going to try to dig deeper into this mystery myself but if anyone knows how to get the approve icon to appear when going to a user's profile, then click on Nominate Medal, then Manage Nominations at the left...please tell me :?
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

BCFbuilderboy

Post by BCFbuilderboy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:06 pm

It took me a while to figure it out.

To set user nominations
First groups need their global permissions set to yes...... ACP > permissions > global > misc > can nominate medals.
then in the medals management select which medals can be nominated.

How users nominate
User nominates by clicking on Nominate medal in the profile of the member being nominated, then select the medal and reason.

How to award the nomination
In the medals page "Manage nominations" appears , click on this and it will show who nominated and their reason.
To award the medal click on the username, this takes you to their profile page,
click award medal > click manage nominations > click edit > you will see the reason given by nominee, so you can either delete that message or edit it > sumbit.

Hope that helps

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:50 pm

I already knew about that. I mean approving nominations. There's a column in Manage Nominations called Approve. The approve icon isn't even showing, and I don't get what I need to make it appear.

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Jessica.

Refreshing the imageset in the required style should make it appear in both locations to approve. This is probably due to the dimensions being in medals.css, rather than buttons.css and a refresh of the cache not being done on install iirc.

cheers,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 pm

oddfish wrote:Hi Jessica.

Refreshing the imageset in the required style should make it appear in both locations to approve. This is probably due to the dimensions being in medals.css, rather than buttons.css and a refresh of the cache not being done on install iirc.

cheers,
oddfish.
That doesn't seem to work...I've done a lot of refreshing styles, and still nothing. Guess I'm missing an edit or something...which is odd because I've had this mod for a very long time....

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:28 pm

Not missing an edit...all files up to date...approve icon in right place...are you sure there's no special circumstance or whatever that I need to do to make it appear? It's supposed to appear along with the edit and delete buttons in the Medals CP --> Manage Nominations, right?

oddfish

Post by oddfish » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Jessica wrote:It's supposed to appear along with the edit and delete buttons in the Medals CP --> Manage Nominations, right?
Correct and medals.php -> Manage nominations.

Check the image is available in ACP -> Styles .. STYLE COMPONENTS .. Imagesets and under Options in the in the Imagesets pane on the right, select edit. From the dropdown, check image "Approve [en]" is set correctly.

Short of that, changing the path of the image to point to the icon_rate_good.gif throughout the MOD might work (simply throwing a suggestion).

EDIT - wow, Office clippy made an appearance :lol:
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:24 pm

EDIT: Problem solved

EDIT #2: Because I used rate-good-icon instead of approve-icon, now the Rate good icon appears in my own posts on my board when it shouldn't, next to the rep score (though it's not clickable)

Might have to consider using a different fix...hmm

Oyabun1
Former Team Member
Name: Bill

Post by Oyabun1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 am

Jessica wrote:That doesn't seem to work...I've done a lot of refreshing styles, and still nothing. Guess I'm missing an edit or something...which is odd because I've had this mod for a very long time....
My guess would be a missing image, since /styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_approve.gif isn't there.
                      Support Request Template
3.0.x: Knowledge Base Styles Support MOD Requests
3.1.x: Knowledge BaseStyles SupportExtension Requests

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:29 am

Oyabun1 wrote:
Jessica wrote:That doesn't seem to work...I've done a lot of refreshing styles, and still nothing. Guess I'm missing an edit or something...which is odd because I've had this mod for a very long time....
My guess would be a missing image, since /styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_approve.gif isn't there.
Well, I moved it to the en folder, and added an edit to the imageset.cfg in there

I got it (approve button) to appear but only because I used rate-good-icon instead but now I have the rate-good-icon appearing where it shouldn't, so I'm trying to find a different fix

wrecked

Post by wrecked » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Is there a way to award a medal to a group?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”