[RC1] Youtube Gallery

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Locked
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

[RC1] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

Modification Name: Youtube Videos Gallery
Author: _Vinny_

Modification Description:
This MOD adds a new page to your phpBB3, on this page is possible add YouTube videos simply by submitting the video URL and watch the videos directly on your phpBB3.

Modification Version: 1.0.4

Screenshots:
ACP - Settings
ACP - Categories
ACP - Permissions
View Gallery
View Category Videos
Search user's Videos
View your videos
Posting Video
Categories list block
Statistics block
View a video
Video with comments
Posting comment

Modification Download: https://github.com/vinny/Youtube-Galler ... evelop.zip

Github Repository:: https://github.com/vinny/Youtube-Gallery

Notes:
Getting Google API key for using with YouTube (video)

If you like my work or wish to support me, I accept paypal:
Image
User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Jessica »

Suggestions:
  • be able to search videos, who posted, title of video, date, etc
  • maybe on profile page show how many videos the user has posted?
  • have a page of all videos you've posted?
  • option to approve/deny videos, and if turned on, notify admin if there's a video waiting to be approved (show a red box with link to ACP to approve or deny the video(s))
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
Alien_Time
Registered User
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:08 am

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Alien_Time »

+1

This is great and I am happy to see this mod development. It's about time and for a long time I've been searching for a good video gallery mod. The only ones I found so far are abandoned ones like ourtube or ones with no support like dm video. Thank you for working on this and I am eager to see this one released soon. Any idea on how long before this can used on live boards?
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

Jessica wrote:Suggestions:
  • be able to search videos, who posted, title of video, date, etc
  • maybe on profile page show how many videos the user has posted?
  • have a page of all videos you've posted?
  • option to approve/deny videos, and if turned on, notify admin if there's a video waiting to be approved (show a red box with link to ACP to approve or deny the video(s))
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to implement this soon, I'll post in the full features. :)

Alien_Time wrote:+1

This is great and I am happy to see this mod development. It's about time and for a long time I've been searching for a good video gallery mod. The only ones I found so far are abandoned ones like ourtube or ones with no support like dm video. Thank you for working on this and I am eager to see this one released soon. Any idea on how long before this can used on live boards?
Not sure about the time, I still need to finalize the player, the features, permissions, search, and other things.
User avatar
Mess
Registered User
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:37 am
Name: Kim

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Mess »

nice, will keep an eye on this. :)
User avatar
ViolaF
Registered User
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by ViolaF »

Any credits?
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

ViolaF wrote:Any credits?
What do you mean?
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

Screenshots updated.
User avatar
Patrick W.
Registered User
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Patrick W. »

Almost exactly what I have been looking for. I have a suggestion for a feature/layout change.

Add the ability to add categories for different genres, artists, movies, etc. This is sort of a standard organization feature that I feel that any mod of this type should include by default, with the option to turn it on and off or and option to use category layout or not.

If that feature was added I would install it as soon as it was in the Mod DB.
Always use the Support Board for phpBB support. One PM answers one. One post answers many.
User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Jessica »

Patrick W. wrote:Almost exactly what I have been looking for. I have a suggestion for a feature/layout change.

Add the ability to add categories for different genres, artists, movies, etc. This is sort of a standard organization feature that I feel that any mod of this type should include by default, with the option to turn it on and off or and option to use category layout or not.

If that feature was added I would install it as soon as it was in the Mod DB.

Yes, +a million to categories
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

Patrick W. wrote:Almost exactly what I have been looking for. I have a suggestion for a feature/layout change.

Add the ability to add categories for different genres, artists, movies, etc. This is sort of a standard organization feature that I feel that any mod of this type should include by default, with the option to turn it on and off or and option to use category layout or not.

If that feature was added I would install it as soon as it was in the Mod DB.
Brilliant idea, thanks.
Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3260
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Peter77sx »

Who gets to submit videos? and so it creates new pages each time a video is submitted?

Ohh I see now, it's like a youtube search. I misread the description. :)
User avatar
darkonia
Registered User
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:10 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by darkonia »

looks nice

a feature i prefer: can you make it so that all users has a list of videos in his/her profiles.
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by Jessica »

Suggestion: if there isn't one already, have an option to disable the social network sharing buttons....
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Youtube Gallery

Post by _Vinny_ »

darkonia wrote:looks nice

a feature i prefer: can you make it so that all users has a list of videos in his/her profiles.
I will do something like profile Search user’s posts and View your posts

Jessica wrote:Suggestion: if there isn't one already, have an option to disable the social network sharing buttons....
Yes, this option will be there soon.
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”