[RC1] Youtube Gallery

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Locked
Tarantino
Registered User
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by Tarantino » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:14 am

I found out on Pull requests :lol: Thanks for that fix! Beer paid! ;)

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Installed this okay but I'm stuck on what to do next to get it working?
Instructions or help please?

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:52 pm

I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses and getting this kind of thing working isn't my thing. :roll:
I guess it's basic stuff but I can't find the answer.

Tarantino
Registered User
Posts: 767
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by Tarantino » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Maybe you forget the permissions?

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Tarantino wrote:Maybe you forget the permissions?
Thanks for the reply. :)
I'm not good with permission even though I've run the board for 7 years :oops:

I did change them but I'm not sure if I done it correct.
Do the options for uploading etc with this mod appear on a new post?

As I said I'm really stuck so just need any help I can get please?

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:49 pm

What would I have to check please in permission because that's probably what the problem is ?

User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by 5hocK » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

jester77 wrote:Do the options for uploading etc with this mod appear on a new post?
It's not how the Mod works, take a look at the screenshots in the 1st post viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2170372
like this one: http://i.imgur.com/uwC0HYe.png
The permissions are set by default for regular users to be able to add videos to the gallery (not to posts)

How did you install? With Automod? Did you run the installer too - Found at yoursite.com/video_install.php ?
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 am

5hocK wrote:
jester77 wrote:Do the options for uploading etc with this mod appear on a new post?
It's not how the Mod works, take a look at the screenshots in the 1st post viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2170372
like this one: http://i.imgur.com/uwC0HYe.png
The permissions are set by default for regular users to be able to add videos to the gallery (not to posts)

How did you install? With Automod? Did you run the installer too - Found at yoursite.com/video_install.php ?
Hi and thanks.
I've never run mods so this is all new to me.
So yes I installed with Automod. I've run the installer and I've checked the permissions.
So where would I go next to create the gallery please?
Thanks

User avatar
5hocK
Registered User
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm
Location: England

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by 5hocK » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:40 am

What style are you using? If you're using a custom style then you need to do the style edits to that style.
You can create galleries in the ACP: http://i.imgur.com/ObIllXa.png
Here's the default permissions for registered users: http://i.imgur.com/tknjd5v.png Are yours the same?
A thread is pretty much a topic. Stop with the pedantics will ya.

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 pm

5hocK wrote:What style are you using? If you're using a custom style then you need to do the style edits to that style.
You can create galleries in the ACP: http://i.imgur.com/ObIllXa.png
Here's the default permissions for registered users: http://i.imgur.com/tknjd5v.png Are yours the same?
The style I'm using has had the edits.
It's installed fine but the permissions are not the same.
Every time I try to change them to be the same as that screen grab they change back.
I change them and "apply permissions" and when I check again they have changed back.
Do I have to set them somewhere else?

Where do I go to post the gallery?

jester77
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:22 pm
Name: Jon

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by jester77 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:20 pm

I've done it :)
All I needed to know was where to look.
The link was under some other links at the top of the page on my new custom theme.

I didn't know there was a link.
Thanks for your help.

rembrand320
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:54 am

Where is the Youtube Gallery???

Post by rembrand320 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 am

Hello,

I have installed the YouTube gallery. All files are on the webspace, in the ACP I see under MODS two options (Video Settings, Catergory), permissions are set, cache is cleared, styles and and template (prosilver) is refreshed, I still don´t see the Icon to the YouTube gallery.

What did I do wrong?

Best regards from Germany,

Uwe

User avatar
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 8412
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am
Location: Brazil
Name: Marcus Vinicius
Contact:

Re: Where is the Youtube Gallery???

Post by _Vinny_ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:56 pm

rembrand320 wrote:Hello,

I have installed the YouTube gallery. All files are on the webspace, in the ACP I see under MODS two options (Video Settings, Catergory), permissions are set, cache is cleared, styles and and template (prosilver) is refreshed, I still don´t see the Icon to the YouTube gallery.

What did I do wrong?

Best regards from Germany,

Uwe
Remove browser cache ;)

rembrand320
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:54 am

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by rembrand320 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am

Hmmm, I did this again and now it works :mrgreen:

One more question: How can I move a video from one category into another? The ACP doesn´t show anything. :roll:

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [RC] Youtube Gallery

Post by Jessica » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:10 pm

rembrand320 wrote:Hmmm, I did this again and now it works :mrgreen:

One more question: How can I move a video from one category into another? The ACP doesn´t show anything. :roll:
Not possible at the moment
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”