[RC] cBB Blog

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [RC] cBB Blog

Post by Jessica »

canidev wrote:Bug with this mod appears on phpBB 3.0.12 update.
To solve, do this:
Open: includes/hooks/hook_blog.php
Find:

Code: Select all

if(empty($config['blog_version']))
		{
			return false;
		}
Add after:

if(!defined('BLOG_POSTS_TABLE'))
		{
			include($blog_hook->root_path . "includes/constants.$phpEx");
		}
I have this edit but it no longer seems to work. I added in the recent comments widget and I get the general error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.username AS member_name, u.user_colour FROM phpbb_blog_comments c LEFT J' at line 2 [1064]

SQL

SELECT c.comment_id, c.post_id, c.user_id, c.username, p.post_title, p.post_url u.username AS member_name, u.user_colour FROM phpbb_blog_comments c LEFT JOIN phpbb_blog_posts p ON(p.post_id = c.post_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON(u.user_id = c.user_id) ORDER BY comment_time DESC LIMIT 5

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 193
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 240
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/widgets/recent_comments_widget.php
LINE: 43
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/includes/functions.php
LINE: 477
CALL: recent_comments_widget->init()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/index.php
LINE: 316
CALL: blog::get_widgets()
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
canidev

Post by canidev »

Mathieu M. wrote:First 2 bugs found :

1- when i click on viewtopic button "Post topic in the blog" and then "View submitted entry", the URL is broken (/phpbb/.blog/view.php?p=2 instead of /blog/view.php?p=2).

2- when I enable Friendly URLs, I get 404 errors.

What's the problem ?
See if you have the correct Script Path set in ACP >> General >> Server settings
canidev

Post by canidev »

Jessica wrote:
canidev wrote:Bug with this mod appears on phpBB 3.0.12 update.
To solve, do this:
Open: includes/hooks/hook_blog.php
Find:

if(empty($config['blog_version']))
		{
			return false;
		}
Add after:

if(!defined('BLOG_POSTS_TABLE'))
		{
			include($blog_hook->root_path . "includes/constants.$phpEx");
		}
I have this edit but it no longer seems to work. I added in the recent comments widget and I get the general error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.username AS member_name, u.user_colour FROM phpbb_blog_comments c LEFT J' at line 2 [1064]

SQL

SELECT c.comment_id, c.post_id, c.user_id, c.username, p.post_title, p.post_url u.username AS member_name, u.user_colour FROM phpbb_blog_comments c LEFT JOIN phpbb_blog_posts p ON(p.post_id = c.post_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON(u.user_id = c.user_id) ORDER BY comment_time DESC LIMIT 5

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

LINE: 193
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 240
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/widgets/recent_comments_widget.php
LINE: 43
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/includes/functions.php
LINE: 477
CALL: recent_comments_widget->init()

FILE: [ROOT]/blog/index.php
LINE: 316
CALL: blog::get_widgets()
In /blog/widgets/recent_comments_widget.php find:

p.post_url
u.username
And replace with:

p.post_url,
u.username
Mathieu M.
Name: Mathieu

Post by Mathieu M. »

canidev wrote:
Mathieu M. wrote:First 2 bugs found :

1- when i click on viewtopic button "Post topic in the blog" and then "View submitted entry", the URL is broken (/phpbb/.blog/view.php?p=2 instead of /blog/view.php?p=2).

2- when I enable Friendly URLs, I get 404 errors.

What's the problem ?
See if you have the correct Script Path set in ACP >> General >> Server settings
Yes it seems.
Everything is OK if URL Rewriting is not activated.
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
uuiiuu

Post by uuiiuu »

I have this annoying problem with the blocks in the Blog, it just cuts of in the middle of the blog and it looks ugly, is there a way to fix it? my forum is Right-To-Left because of hebrew translation, is that a problam?
thanks for who ever helps
Tom49er

Post by Tom49er »

Hello,

I get error at final steps. It says Synchronize data. What I have to do? Thanh you
i10179

Post by i10179 »

Edit: I fixed my problem with the root path. Cleand the Database with the STK and removed all other Mods. After I imported my Database and istalled cBB Blog I had no more problems with the root path.

Best wishes.
i10179

Post by i10179 »

Edit: On the startpage all posts previews are shown as one block without text fromat. When reading the full article the line breaks are displayed. How can I fix this, it looks terrible without linebreaks? I searched the forum and assume that the file to modify is root/blog/includes/html_message_parser.php.

The question is what do I have to modify/add/rewrite? Any advice is welcome.

Best wishes
Mathieu M.
Name: Mathieu

Post by Mathieu M. »

Hello here,

Do you think you will upgrade your cBB Blog MOD to a phpBB 3.1 extension ?

Thanks.
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
aldink

Post by aldink »

Hi, I know It's sound horibble but is any chance to introduce Topic description in this MOD ? Maybe you wandering why I use "topic description" in a blog mod where is already the post... well I use topic description in more ways.. for example I can add image to be showed in index of the cBB blog mod. or video's or what I want.. because I want to be the image or the video not with the text together... :?

-----
Later edit: I played a little bit with the php .. Trying to make the same modification from the original forum in /blog/posting (fuctions_posting.php), view, index ... and it work but just when I add from phpmyadmin the description.. It is possible .. if someone want to make this please post here.. :D
phpBBadvanced.com - phpBB templates. 3.0.12 Zaroon (need forum account to download.)
roger12

Post by roger12 »

i have this error when u try to click on ''categories'' in my acp! How to fix this error ? Please help

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_blog.php on line 476: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 158: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 159: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 160: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
canidev

Post by canidev »

roger12 wrote:i have this error when u try to click on ''categories'' in my acp! How to fix this error ? Please help
Open the file /includes/acp/acp_blog.php
Find (line 474):

$rows		= blog::get_category('ids', '', true);

foreach($parents[0] as $row_id)
Replace with:

$rows		= blog::get_category('ids', '', true);

if(sizeof($parents))
				{
					foreach($parents[0] as $row_id)
Find (line 504):

}

$template->assign_vars(array(
Replace with:

}
				}

$template->assign_vars(array(
roger12

Post by roger12 »

TY canidev,thats fixed! now just this, when i try to click '' add category'' another error. How to fix this one mate?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_blog.php on line 1216: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 158: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 159: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/adm/index.php on line 160: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
roger12

Post by roger12 »

roger12 wrote:TY canidev,thats fixed! now just this, when i try to click '' add category'' another error. How to fix this one mate?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_blog.php on line 1216: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
BUMP!

Return to β€œ[3.0.x] MODs in Development”