Modification Name: phpBB to WP connector
Modification Description: Integration between phpBB3 and Wordpress
Modification Version: 1.5.0
- phpBB 3.0.12 & 3.0.11
- Wordpress 3.7.1 & 3.8.0
- php 5
- Uses phpBB as users database
- Uses phpbb styles (Prosilver)
- No need to install a wordpress plugin, everything is now taken care of via theme.
- You can direct users to your forum's ucp when they attempt to go to wp-admin (Admins can still access wordpress's dashboard) (please note that this is not working right now and it may be removed later on)
- Now have cross posting, you can enter the forum ID where you want to post to in the option page.
- All login/logout/register is taken care of by phpBB and not wordpress.
- Use phpBB as the comment platform, much like phpbb.com
- Now has featured image
- Now provide links to topic and reply to blog topic in wordpress.
- NEW: There is now a themeless version for those who want to use their own WordPress theme. You can download it from https://wordpress.org/plugins/phpbb-to-wp-connector/
Modification license : GNU General Public License v2
Modification Download: http://danielx64.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... t=1&p=1#p1
GitHub link: https://github.com/Danielx64/WP-phpbb-b ... ess-bridge
- Please note that everything must be on the same domain, forum on subdomain is not currently supported
- User details are not sync over to WordPress - that will be sorted out at some point. (Main account get created on first visit to WordPress, but when email address is updated a phpBB, it is not ported to WordPress.
How to install:
You will find the latest install instruction at http://danielx64.com/2014/04/how-to-ins ... ector-1-5/