[RC] Users Overall Post Count Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
zac2613

[RC] Users Overall Post Count Mod

Post by zac2613 »

I made this last year sometime & never got around to sharing it, However, due to many phpBB users now requesting such a Mod, Here it is.
Feel free to modify the code to your hearts content but for me it's, as is.

Modification Name: phpBB users Overall posts
Author: zac2613

Modification Description: Keep users happy by allowing Overall post count to be kept after their topic/posts, have been removed/deleted.

Modification Version: 1.0.4

Board Version: 3.0.14

Future Additions: None, It kinda does what it's intended to do.

Supported Styles: Prosilver - Subsilver

Note's:
When installed for the first time, posts and (Overall posts where visible) will have the same value, when a user makes a new thread/post both values increment by 1, however, when a users post gets removed/deleted, phpBB posts count subtracts by 1 and Overall posts count stays untouched, resynchronizing post counts or pruning does not affect this Mod.

Enabling the Mod
Board configuration --> Board features --> Enable users Overall posts.
If the Mod is disabled, it still adds to the users Overall post count it's just not visible to the users.

Moderator approval
If moderator approval is in use & a user makes a post that has been approved but decides to edit a post whilst still under moderator approval & the moderator decides not to approve the edited post, the user post is deleted but would still keep the Overall post that was given when the post was approved.

Extra coding would need to be implemented for this to work correctly, but hey! there's nothing accurate about this Mod's use & I can live with it, if you can't there's always room for you to improve upon.

Overall posts shows below posts in view topic - view members profile - Acp users profile.

Permissions
Forum permissions will need to be checked & set for the overall post increment to work correctly.
Also, you may have forums that don't allow post count increment, if so, users overall post count needs to be set the same.
How to stop post count going up in certain forums.

If needed, admin may change the users Overall post count via Acp --> General --> Manage user --> User --> Select from dropdown --> Profile, or whichever method used to get to the Acp users profile page.

Note: This has been set for Full admin only but can be altered via admin roles.

Clickable Screenshots:
Prosilver View topic

Prosilver View profile

Acp view users profile

AutoMOD Compatible

Warning
Running the Mod's install file located it the root of your forum & selecting uninstall will result it the previously known users Overall post count information being removed... You've been warned.

This Mod has been packed for phpBB 3.0.12/13-PL1
Download: Overall Post Mod

This Mod has been packed for phpBB 3.0.14
Download: Overall Post Mod

Edit: 04/07/2014 1.0.1
  • Initial Release.
Edit: 03/08/2014 Updated to 1.0.2
  • Altered code edits.
  • Had a clean up.
Edit: 04/09/2014 Updated to 1.0.3
  • Altered code edits.
  • Added Force to rename/remove install file.
  • Added if enabled in adm/styles/acp_user_profile.html, which was not in previous versions.
  • Removed unneeded config entry.
Edit: 03/06/2015 Updated to 1.0.4
  • Just updated for most recent phpBB version.
Last edited by zac2613 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zac2613

Re: [RC] Users Overall Post Count Mod

Post by zac2613 »

Mod updated to 1.0.2
phorum.ws
Name: Jay

Post by phorum.ws »

Awesome, thanks Zac for the v1.02 - After research your's is the only one that does this correctly.

Is it possible to make the Overall_Posts change with Posts in mySQL so the User's Ranks don't go down either?

This would make it perfect, as most users work hard at collecting posts to get to a certain 'RANK' (eg. Regular Poster, King of Threads.. etc)

I have had a look at code, though I can read codddee as you know, am just full of errors when it comes to changing things around without instructions... but if you change the Overall_Post where the "regular Posts' "USED" to be in relation to RANKS, this would fix ALL problems & be a 10/10 (100%) MOD that fixes ALL Individual member's concerns. Overall Posts. Posts and Ranks stay the same instead of being 'pruned' also... 3/3

Thanks for you're time zac :D

Hope to see versions with function updates and minor fixes keep coming out as required pal! BEST JOB I've SEEN + ACTUALLY WORKS! (Only One so Far!!!)
Learning CSS, jQuery, Javascript - A Project Manager @Code_Collective Community-Based Dev Collaborative
zac2613

Post by zac2613 »

@phorum.ws,

As previously mentioned & stated in the first post -
Feel free to modify the code to your hearts content but for me it's, as is.
Future Additions: None, It kinda does what it's intended to do.

If I implement code into this Mod for another Mod to work in a similar fashion & at some point phpBB decide to release another board version or patch & something doesn't work with the other Mod, do I get people then ask me to look into it, well, the answer is NO because I wont put myself in that position to start with.

It would be in your better interest to bring the issue to the attention of the Mod author.

Mod updated to 1.0.3
zac2613

Post by zac2613 »

Mod updated to 1.0.4

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”