[MODDB]Ajax Shoutbox

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
MartinWh

Re: [BETA]Ajax Shoutbox

Post by MartinWh »

Thought I would try another browser and Firefox also gave error but more info

Code: Select all

There has been a JavaScript error. Error: xml.getElementsByTagName("error")[0].childNodes[0] has no properties Line: 202 File: http://74.53.28.2/~snowman/a1forum/ajax.php?m=js&sid=f294cb9c39b670da4b24447e714b7019
and in Opera

There has been a JavaScript error. Error: Statement on line 202: Could not convert undefined or null to object Backtrace: Line 202 of linked script http://74.53.28.2/~snowman/a1forum/ajax.php?m=js&sid=28d9970b41dbf4c2a7d2f9a2f4000aaf err = (xml.getElementsByTagName("error"))[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue; At unknown location [statement source code not available]
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

MY error is on line 199 in Firefox 2.03

There has been a JavaScript error. Error: xml.getElementsByTagName("error")[0].childNodes[0] has no properties Line: 199 File: http://74.53.28.2/~snowman/a1forum/ajax.php?m=js&sid=f294cb9c39b670da4b24447e714b7019
Sorry I can't be of more help as mine installed perfectly first time. I take it you've looked around these lines (round the 200 mark) and checked that you put the MOD code in the right position (i.e. Before or After a certain line)
MartinWh

Post by MartinWh »

Yes I have been through everything many times and it is exactly per instructions and can't see anything obvious.

Thanks for looking.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

I know about that error, and will be fixed in the next version.
MartinWh

Post by MartinWh »

I have found out about it now.

Just installed everything under my main site with proper domain and all works fine.

However I am moving servers and under the default new address on new server it won't work so it must be to do with DNS - proper rather than virtual
xsnslaine

Post by xsnslaine »

if you had read back in the posts, i reported this error back then and explaned how it was reproduced, you would of seen that there was an error if you didnt run on the domain the forum was installed to.

good to see paul is saying it will be fixed next release :)
baleika

Post by baleika »

Is it possible to delete/modify in the shoutbox with admin or mod status ?
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

baleika wrote:Is it possible to delete/modify in the shoutbox with admin or mod status ?
Yes each individual post has an X (delete post) and ? (IP address)
MartinWh

Post by MartinWh »

xsnslaine wrote:if you had read back in the posts, i reported this error back then and explaned how it was reproduced, you would of seen that there was an error if you didnt run on the domain the forum was installed to.

good to see paul is saying it will be fixed next release :)
And if you read my post correctly you would have seen I did -- I was talking about TWO seperate installations on TWO seperate websites.

And I did read your post but was not pulling from another site therefore not relevant to my situation.

Sir
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can you all that has that error try this version of ajax.php: http://www.paulscripts.nl/ajax.txt
MartinWh

Post by MartinWh »

Hi.

Beter -- on the site I was having the problem it no longer shows javascript error.

It says 'Message Posted' but no message shows -- however this may be me as I am changing nameservers on my main site to this alternate site so it may be a hiccup in the system.

But it definately has no j/s error.

PS -- I have just checked the Db and no entry made.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hmmm. Thats weird.
Make a file called log.php in your forum root, chmod it to 777, and try this ajax.php:
http://www.paulscripts.nl/ajax_log.txt

What the problem is, there happens a error, but that isnt echoed correctly to the xml.
acharabia

Post by acharabia »

Impossible saving msg. This mod is perfect to script but I don't know anywhere have this error.
Everything was OK... Show all after edting but when I click "post" button, there is impossible save
text. "There are no messages." Everytime show this message on index. What happen?
Paul

Post by Paul »

acharabia wrote:Impossible saving msg. This mod is perfect to script but I don't know anywhere have this error.
Everything was OK... Show all after edting but when I click "post" button, there is impossible save
text. "There are no messages." Everytime show this message on index. What happen?
And now write it so that I can understand your message please? I dont understand your complete message.
MartinWh

Post by MartinWh »

Did that but nothing in log.php

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”