[MODDB] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 - Validated!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

[MODDB] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 - Validated!

Post by Highway of Life » Tue May 22, 2007 12:06 am

MOD Robot wrote:Modification name: ACP Add User MOD
Author: Highway of Life
Modification description: Adds a new Module that enables an Administrator to create a new user account through the Administration Control Panel
Adds an extra permission to allow administrator to create a new user account.
Gives the administrator the ability to instantly approve a new member after creation.
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: acp_add_user_mod.zip
File size: 38661 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags&
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
    2. Admin Tools
  2. time
    1. ~ 3 Minutes
  3. phpbb
    1. 3.0.RC4
    2. 3.0.RC5
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Features:
  • Auto Installation: MOD Auto-installs and updates itself, no need for manual SQL queries! (note: does not automatically download an update)
  • Easy Installation: One file to edit, copy 4 files.
  • Support for multiple forms of user activation depending on board settings.
  • Allows Admins to create users and set user registration to (off) effectively creating a private board.
  • Support for specific add_user permission for those who want to keep adding users seperate from user administration.
  • Support for all *required* profile fields and profile fields set to be shown on registration
  • Support for language and birthday settings
  • Auto generates a password and emails it to the user.
  • If set to user activate, MOD will send the user an activation email containing his username and password as well as the activation key required to activate the account.
Screenshots: (Click thumbnail for full image)

Future: Next update will contain > 10 Additional Translations.

Support:
STG Support Topic
phpBB.com Support Topic
phpBBModders Support Topic
Last edited by Highway of Life on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: [RC1] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0

Post by 3Di » Tue May 22, 2007 12:10 am

Highway of Life wrote:
Support Topic: link
While you're purposing a MOD here at phpBB.com, using our resources.. I can say, you need to support your Development's MOD here. Please fix that issue ASAP. Thank you. ;)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Re: [RC1] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0

Post by Highway of Life » Tue May 22, 2007 1:33 am

Ah, thanks... copied code to save time. Fixed. :)

Krank

Re: [BETA] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0

Post by Krank » Tue May 22, 2007 7:39 am

ahhh another great MOD for phpBB3 thanks highway of life (can i call you hof? haha) i'll test the sucker today
phpBB3 Je t'adore: subSilver2 Based styles fan
proSilver, good, but too .... I don't know just too... :P

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Tue May 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Krank wrote:can i call you hof?
It'd rather be HoL ;)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Tue May 22, 2007 1:11 pm

I like the idea of this MOD.... Is it possible to add a feature to this MOD that the Admin can choose from two types of User Creation - one like you have done - the password is mailed to the specified email id (this is how your MOD currently works) and the other type is where the Admin himself can specify a password during the Account Creation and no emails will be sent to the email id specified (This was how the old phpBB 2 Admin Register User MOD was working)....

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Wed May 23, 2007 1:59 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_add_user.php on line 313: Undefined index: USERNAME_CHARS_ANY
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_add_user.php on line 313: Undefined index: _EXPLAIN
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3666)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 155: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3666)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3666)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3666)
Gives these errors when i tried with the RC 1....

The line 313 in /includes/acp/acp_add_user.php was this :

Code: Select all

'L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN'		=> sprintf($user->lang[$user_char_ary[str_replace('\\\\', '\\', $config['allow_name_chars'])] . '_EXPLAIN'], $config['min_name_chars'], $config['max_name_chars']),
The correct line should be this :

Code: Select all

'L_USERNAME_EXPLAIN'		=> sprintf($user->lang[$config['allow_name_chars'] . '_EXPLAIN'], $config['min_name_chars'], $config['max_name_chars']),
Making that change removed the Header warnings....

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection » Wed May 23, 2007 3:33 pm

I modified the common.php and uploaded the files that came with the mod. But I dont see a link to add user within the user and groups tab.

What am I doing wrong here?

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Wed May 23, 2007 3:40 pm

JunglistPerfection wrote:I modified the common.php and uploaded the files that came with the mod. But I dont see a link to add user within the user and groups tab.

What am I doing wrong here?
You should also add that add_user module to your ACP.... It can be done from System --> Module Management --> ACP ;)

JunglistPerfection

Post by JunglistPerfection » Wed May 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks a bunch :D

Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] ACP Add User MOD 1.0.B3

Post by Highway of Life » Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 am

Thanks Ash Hi Fi for your help and suggestions.

Beta3 has been released.
Fully compatible with RC1, adds a few new features as well (see description)
First post updated. :D

minsik

Post by minsik » Sat May 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Great mod

(I am so new as this i am only v tiny! )

i also would like to see the ability to create a user and input the password and not to use email as i use hosting where email is not possible. Thus not being able to use email it makes it hard to register and be aware of a user trying to join, But i see this add a user manually being usefull if i can manually see the password, and myself sending the email to the new user. i suppose that would make it a closed board where i can register the user email him.her myself and welcome/tos and give the password for access. seems like its nearly there.

Or is there another way to get users registered etc with out making emails?

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Sat May 26, 2007 4:18 pm

minsik wrote:Great mod

(I am so new as this i am only v tiny! )

i also would like to see the ability to create a user and input the password and not to use email as i use hosting where email is not possible. Thus not being able to use email it makes it hard to register and be aware of a user trying to join, But i see this add a user manually being usefull if i can manually see the password, and myself sending the email to the new user. i suppose that would make it a closed board where i can register the user email him.her myself and welcome/tos and give the password for access. seems like its nearly there.

Or is there another way to get users registered etc with out making emails?
You can create a new account using this MOD and then go to User Management and choose that user and give him/her a new pass :)

Highway of Life
Former Team Member

Post by Highway of Life » Sat May 26, 2007 7:21 pm

minsik wrote:Great mod
Thanks. :D
minsik wrote:i also would like to see the ability to create a user and input the password and not to use email as i use hosting where email is not possible.
Where email is not possible? :|
How can it disabled the PHP email function? -- does your board not send out any emails at all?
I thought even free hosts allow you to do this. :?
As ash hi fi said, you can create the user, click the link to manage user details, and create a password manually for that user.

Ash Hi Fi Zone

Post by Ash Hi Fi Zone » Sat May 26, 2007 7:44 pm

Highway of Life wrote:Where email is not possible? :|
How can it disabled the PHP email function? -- does your board not send out any emails at all?
I thought even free hosts allow you to do this. :?
Some free hosts still do not support the sendmail function and also not grant access to fsockopen() and hence disabling SMTP access as well.....

But anyway highway I think while user creation itself an option can be given whether the Admin wants to specify a password or if left blank a random password will be generated and in both the cases emailed to the user.... And even if the sending of email fails phpBB 3 does not display an error directly like phpBB 2 and simply makes an entry into the error log...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”