[MODDB] Evil quick reply 0.1.5

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
snider

Re: [Beta] Simple quick reply 0.1.3

Post by snider »

damnian wrote:Looks great. Just two suggestions:

1. Jump to QR when the upper button is pushed
Great idea !!
damnian

Post by damnian »

Here's another idea, this time for the graphic authors: flip the arrow upon QR open/close.
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Thanks for the suggestions,

1. Was already suggested at 'modders.net and i might add it. I also like the flip idea.
2. Is already included ;)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
damnian

Post by damnian »

eviL<3 wrote:2. Is already included ;)
Installing on forums.phpbb.cc :D
damnian

Post by damnian »

Works like a charm, thank you eviL<3!

P.S. This wasn't exactly ~10 minutes :D
I guess it gives us modders an idea of what a simple phpBB3 MOD should look like... :geek:
snider

Post by snider »

So were you saying it took you longer than 10 minutes?

This is more like a ~5 minute mod if that and I am a new person to phpBB and PHP period :?
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

eviL<3 wrote:Thanks snider! TimJBart, not at all. In the template change height:200px; to height:100px; ;)
Thanks, that makes more sense to me. The quick-reply is now at its smallest, and if people want to see more they can extend it out depending on their post.

Thank you once again. These are all the features I need. Add any more and it starts to become the not so simple quick reply mod :D
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

damnian, Glad it works :)

snider, okay i'll reduce the installation time :P

TimJBart, yeah, i'm not going to add any new features. I plan on improving the resize feature by letting the user drag the bottom of the textarea. I also plan to include some nice suggestions from some people at 'modders.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
bbrian017

Post by bbrian017 »

evil you rule, and the mod works great

thanks friend!
damnian

Post by damnian »

Just found a (small) bug: QR is displayed when the user has no reply permission (e.g. in a locked topic).
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

Thank you! 8-)

Thanks for the report, damnian, i'll look into it.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

eviL<3 wrote:I plan on improving the resize feature by letting the user drag the bottom of the textarea.
This mod is looking really good...nice work. Dragging the corner to expand the box would be really slick.

But have you thought about including addons for people? I mean I agree with you that a quick reply should be simple. But you can add to your mod by including addons. That way you can keep your base mod as simple as you want and then have optional addons for common requests that people have. In no way am I suggesting rewrite the full post reply screen but how hard would it be to add a few of the posting checkboxes? Like maybe the last three in this screenshot (obviously the last one is for admins/mods). In my opinion, those are pretty useful options to have and I don't think they push the mod over the line of being "simple"...again JMHO. What do you think?

My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

smitjel wrote:This mod is looking really good...nice work. Dragging the corner to expand the box would be really slick.
Thank you! I'm planng to use this: http://lojjic.net/script-library/TextAr ... -test.html
smitjel wrote:But have you thought about including addons for people? I mean I agree with you that a quick reply should be simple. But you can add to your mod by including addons. That way you can keep your base mod as simple as you want and then have optional addons for common requests that people have. In no way am I suggesting rewrite the full post reply screen but how hard would it be to add a few of the posting checkboxes? Like maybe the last three in this screenshot (obviously the last one is for admins/mods). In my opinion, those are pretty useful options to have and I don't think they push the mod over the line of being "simple"...again JMHO. What do you think?
Thanks for your suggestions, i like it when people suggest things for my MODs ;) If somebody makes an addon for my MOD, i'll sure include it. But regarding your suggestion about the checkboxes, i personally do think that that takes away the "simple" part of my MOD. I think that if you want an advanced reply, just click that button, then you get bbcode, checkboxes, smilies... If you want a simple reply, use the quick reply form. If i'd add checkboxes, it'd already be more like the "usual" quick reply MODs. If you want those extra options i suggest either LEW's quick posting MOD or writing an addon to my MOD. Or your own MOD of course :roll: But i'm glad to include addons ;) Hope you also understand my points :)
damnian

Post by damnian »

smitjel wrote:But you can add to your mod by including addons.
IMHO addons would make it a Simple Quick Reply with a Complex Installation. Why not include stuff in the MOD while keeping the installation steps more or less the same?
smitjel wrote:Like maybe the last three in this screenshot (obviously the last one is for admins/mods).

Those are definitely must-haves.
damnian

Post by damnian »

Here's a nice-to-have: when the post order is set to Descending display the QR button and box on top. I just implemented it on my board:

http://forums.phpbb.cc/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17

(Also prettified the prosilver template)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”