User Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: [Alpha] User Blog Mod

Post by EXreaction » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Torreman wrote:Hi!

I have some small suggestions about future development:

Blog categories:
When a user starts his/hers blog, then you can chose a category. For example: Cars, Pets, Love.

Metadata:
User blog Title, for example: EXreaction’s blog about love and flowers! :D
User blog metadata: cars, Volvo, SAAB
User blog description: This blog is about my life as a painter.

Personal design:
Users can change background color (maybe a image), menu placement (left, right), postbody color, fonts etc.

What do you think about that?

Best Regards,
Torre
The categories and personal design are already planned to be added in the future.

Don't know how well the meta data would work.
justinv wrote:is this compatible with RC6 RC7???
Yes.

azn_romeo_4u

Post by azn_romeo_4u » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:18 pm

I been watching this mod for a while now. ^^ can't wait tell this mod gets further. By any chance is there a way to extract blogs to the any non phpbb pages? Or integrate into a portal system? It just extracts the title of the blog and/or the poster.
www.Cursors-4U.com - 3000+ Cursors
www.FlyffWorld.com - Flyff Guides
www.Adtalks.com - Make Money With Forums

manofgames

Post by manofgames » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Mistake post :(

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

azn_romeo_4u wrote:I been watching this mod for a while now. ^^ can't wait tell this mod gets further. By any chance is there a way to extract blogs to the any non phpbb pages? Or integrate into a portal system? It just extracts the title of the blog and/or the poster.
Right now there is an RSS (0.91, 1.0, 2.0), and ATOM feed included in the mod (though I just noticed that they were broken, they'll be fixed for the next version). In the future I would like to add a Javascript output feed so you could just paste some javascript code on the page and it would load what you want, but right now I do not know how to do that, so I have been putting it off. :P

You can view the RSS 2.0 recent blog feed by going to:
blog.php?mode=recent&feed=RSS_2.0
RSS 1.0:
blog.php?mode=recent&feed=RSS_1.0
RSS 0.91:
blog.php?mode=recent&feed=RSS_0.91
ATOM:
blog.php?mode=recent&feed=ATOM

Later on, after I finish the Javascript feed, I will be putting links to the feeds as well. :)

You can also grab the data very easily with some PHP code, but I'll explain how to do that all later (in Beta or RC stages) with some tutorials. :)

ecwpa

Post by ecwpa » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:31 am

that search engine friendly url looks great!
carefull, not english speaker native here

Kenzi

Post by Kenzi » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Heya, first off I love this mod, it is working great!

One thing I noticed is that custom BBcodes are not working..let me rephrase that. MY youtube bbcode wil not embed a video in my blog. If I "preview" before I post I see the video, but once posted the video does not show. Is there a problem parsing bbcode with the mod or am I doing something wrong?

thanks again for the mod!

salsero

Post by salsero » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:13 pm

In the future I would like to add a Javascript output feed so you could just paste some javascript code on the page and it would load what you want, but right now I do not know how to do that, so I have been putting it off.
I developed something for my own site you could use. With the script I extract posts from a PHPBB2 forum and they can be put on any different site using Javascript. The script has a mechanism for not effecting the loading of the rest of the page. (Notice that AJAX does not work: AJAX requires client and server parts of the script to be within the same domain.)

Because I do not want to tell possible hackers about my site, I prefer not to include a url here. But if you send me a PM with your e-mail address, I will send you the script.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:06 pm

Kenzi wrote:Heya, first off I love this mod, it is working great!

One thing I noticed is that custom BBcodes are not working..let me rephrase that. MY youtube bbcode wil not embed a video in my blog. If I "preview" before I post I see the video, but once posted the video does not show. Is there a problem parsing bbcode with the mod or am I doing something wrong?

thanks again for the mod!

Custom BBCodes work fine for me. Can you give me the code you are using for the Youtube bbcode?

cunyalen

Post by cunyalen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:04 pm

How can I make it work with another language packet?

After I logged in and applied the language, my forum was down. It said Language file blog.php couldn't be opened. Is there anyway to change the language setting back to English?

Thanks a lot.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:39 am

cunyalen wrote:How can I make it work with another language packet?

After I logged in and applied the language, my forum was down. It said Language file blog.php couldn't be opened. Is there anyway to change the language setting back to English?

Thanks a lot.
You can copy the language files from the english language folder in this mod over to your other language and it will work. :)

Alpha 19 is up.

Mostly, it just includes the new UCP panel (well, the UCP category and 2 finished modules, more modules on the way). :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Alpha 20 is up.

The user permissions system now works on the blog.php (for random, recent, popular blogs) page and in viewtopic (for the blog count). :)

justinv

Post by justinv » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm

EXreaction wrote:Alpha 20 is up.

The user permissions system now works on the blog.php (for random, recent, popular blogs) page and in viewtopic (for the blog count). :)
i got alpha 19,

so i need only upload new files?? or add some new codes??

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 pm

justinv wrote:i got alpha 19,

so i need only upload new files?? or add some new codes??
It gives you instructions on how to do the upgrades in the Mod History section.

Also, there was a bug in the install/update scripts for Alpha 20, so I have repackaged it as Alpha 20a with the fixes.

If you've already updated to Alpha 20, you do not need to do anything, if not, grab the Alpha 20a package and use it instead. :)

r4wMUnt34q

Post by r4wMUnt34q » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 am

I would appreciate a more familiar color when the blogs are deleted, like gray or something like that and also they shouldnt appear on user blogs and my blogs after being deleted, only in deleted blogs... Btw, keep up the good work ;)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:17 am

r4wMUnt34q wrote:I would appreciate a more familiar color when the blogs are deleted, like gray or something like that and also they shouldnt appear on user blogs and my blogs after being deleted, only in deleted blogs... Btw, keep up the good work ;)
Bright green = very noticeable. :P

They only show up for moderators/administrators, and, if the user deleted the blog themselves, for that user.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”