User Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Brogsitter

Re: [Alpha] User Blog Mod

Post by Brogsitter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am

Hello,
this mod is awesome. If i find the time I will write a modx for it, if I am allowed to. Finally i have only one question: I am looking for the small 'approve' button. I have no idea where it should be located and after 30 min of searching I gave up. .... sounds stupid ... i know :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:01 am

Brogsitter wrote:Hello,
this mod is awesome. If i find the time I will write a modx for it, if I am allowed to. Finally i have only one question: I am looking for the small 'approve' button. I have no idea where it should be located and after 30 min of searching I gave up. .... sounds stupid ... i know :)
I will convert it to ModX after it goes into Beta stages.

There is an approve link on the blog/reply itself.

moustafamin

Post by moustafamin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 am

great you made it "comments" not replies :D ...
just to remind you, the icons should also be "comment".. not "postreply"..
another suggestion: the comments shouldn't include BBcode,, and no signatures,, what do you see??
the BBcodes should only be in the blog itself, no for comments...

or you can add the evil quickreply but without BBcode.. like wordpress

sorry EXreaction for my long post.. but I try to help

Brogsitter

Post by Brogsitter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:30 am

EXreaction wrote:
Brogsitter wrote:Hello,
I will convert it to ModX after it goes into Beta stages.

There is an approve link on the blog/reply itself.
Damn I am so blind! Thank you very much.

Brogsitter

Post by Brogsitter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Got another stupid question: if I want to change all the linknames ('My Blog'; 'User Blogs'; 'View Blogs' in viewtopic) where can I find them? I mention that they are generally difined somewhere.

Also I want to try to rename the customized userfield (only the displayed name). I suppose I have to do this within the database. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:40 pm

moustafamin wrote:great you made it "comments" not replies :D ...
just to remind you, the icons should also be "comment".. not "postreply"..
another suggestion: the comments shouldn't include BBcode,, and no signatures,, what do you see??
the BBcodes should only be in the blog itself, no for comments...

or you can add the evil quickreply but without BBcode.. like wordpress

sorry EXreaction for my long post.. but I try to help
I won't be redoing the Post Reply buttons because then it would require that they be redone for other styles as well (making buttons look right isn't easy...at least for me).

You can simply not give any users permission to use BBCodes in comments, I will not remove the option.

I have been wanting to add a quick reply, but I will do it later, it isn't important.
Brogsitter wrote:Got another stupid question: if I want to change all the linknames ('My Blog'; 'User Blogs'; 'View Blogs' in viewtopic) where can I find them? I mention that they are generally difined somewhere.

Also I want to try to rename the customized userfield (only the displayed name). I suppose I have to do this within the database. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
You'll have to do that in the language file. Just search for the option in language/en/mods/blog/common.php, they are all in there.

You'll have to do that in the language file as well.

AyaB

Post by AyaB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:47 pm

First of all great Mod.

There's a small bug with the soft delete of the replies. Once they are hidden (green) there is no way to undo them. If you click over the link to show them they continue hidden.

Another bug, aproval replies and blogs are PM to the selected Mods/Admins but those entries are not showed in the "MCP -> Blog" section as they need to be aproved.

Also I would like to know if there is a way to completly delete those soft deleted replies, storing them is a waste of space. A prune option would be nice for the future.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:53 pm

AyaB wrote:First of all great Mod.

There's a small bug with the soft delete of the replies. Once they are hidden (green) there is no way to undo them. If you click over the link to show them they continue hidden.

Another bug, aproval replies and blogs are PM to the selected Mods/Admins but those entries are not showed in the "MCP -> Blog" section as they need to be aproved.

Also I would like to know if there is a way to completly delete those soft deleted replies, storing them is a waste of space. A prune option would be nice for the future.
1. Yes, that is a bug. It is fixed in SVN and will be fixed for the next version.

2. I will look into that.

3. Yes, with the older versions you can do that by clicking the delete button after it has already been deleted, in the next version you can do it by clicking the delete after it has been soft deleted or there is now an option on the first soft delete page to immediately completely delete it.

AyaB

Post by AyaB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Deleting Blogs works but after soft deleting the replies there isn't any delete button, just the link of the mencioned bug. Unless it's added using the language files (the only thing I have edited) the button is missing.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Yes, because of the bug it doesn't allow you to hard delete right now.

spikechu

Post by spikechu » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:48 am

ok i am having a hard time figuring this out... what is the easyest way to change the colors and layout of the blog? i dont see any stylesheets with it. also

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN blog_links -->
					<li class="{blog_links.CLASS}"><a href="{blog_links.URL}">{blog_links.TEXT}</a></li>
				<!-- END blog_links -->
where is that being called from? i want to remove the 2 icons that are attached to the links.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 am

With the old alpha package it changes colors along with the board style. (however, the next version will be completely different for styles and you will be able to setup custom styles from which a user can choose that is only shown on the blog)

Remove the class="{blog_links.CLASS}" part. It is set in the blog/header.php file.

spikechu

Post by spikechu » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:18 am

thanks that fixed that.. another quick question.. awhile back you gave me code to display the users blogs when viewing there profiles i followed the code you gave me and now when i go to look a viewers profile i see alot of little squares all over the profile... any ideas?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm

spikechu wrote:thanks that fixed that.. another quick question.. awhile back you gave me code to display the users blogs when viewing there profiles i followed the code you gave me and now when i go to look a viewers profile i see alot of little squares all over the profile... any ideas?
What kind of little squares? :?

probablepossible

Post by probablepossible » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:54 pm

EXreaction wrote:[
Starting with Alpha 38, the User Blogs Mod will not be supporting PHP less than 5.1.0 and MySQL less than 4.1.3 will not be supported. If you have older versions you should update ASAP.
My host will not update. :evil:

How good is alpha 37? Is it worth my fighting my way through it?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”