User Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Desdenova

Re: [Beta] User Blog Mod

Post by Desdenova » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 pm

I'm getting a few fatal errors here!

http://infernal-arcade.co.cc/blog.php?page=install

Then I get the fatal error of doom...
Fatal error: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php in /www/hostsnake.com/i/n/f/infernalarcade/htdocs/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 106
I've purged the cache, and have double checked that the CACHE folder's CHMOD permissions are set to 777.
:shock:

SOS!

---EDIT
Now phpBB3 is down entirely.
That's it, I'm moving hosts.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:58 am

Beta 2 is up.

TonyFMP

Post by TonyFMP » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi,

I am completely new to installing forums and php, but the install went very easy, thanks to a great explanation in the xml file...but I have a few questions:

1. at the moment only the 2 administrators have the blog function available, and I can't seem to figure out how to set permissions.
2. Is it possible to give only the moderators of a forum in phpBB3 the blog function?
Example: I make a registered user moderator of a forum and I want him to create blogs regarding that particular forum. I don't want every user to be able to create blogs, but they have to be able to see them!
Is that possible?
3. I also installed Arcade 0.4.2 and in the User Control Panel they seem to have a conflict.
Any idea where I have to look (maybe edit one of the files again...)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:14 pm

TonyFMP wrote:Hi,

I am completely new to installing forums and php, but the install went very easy, thanks to a great explanation in the xml file...but I have a few questions:

1. at the moment only the 2 administrators have the blog function available, and I can't seem to figure out how to set permissions.
2. Is it possible to give only the moderators of a forum in phpBB3 the blog function?
Example: I make a registered user moderator of a forum and I want him to create blogs regarding that particular forum. I don't want every user to be able to create blogs, but they have to be able to see them!
Is that possible?
3. I also installed Arcade 0.4.2 and in the User Control Panel they seem to have a conflict.
Any idea where I have to look (maybe edit one of the files again...)
The default permission settings should give all registered users permission to post blogs.
The blog permissions are all global permissions.

Yes

What is the problem?

abnvet

Post by abnvet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:31 am

Hi there first off thanks for this great mod.

I have this installed and to the most part everything is working nicely. I posted a blog as well as another user posted a blog however if I click on the blog moderator it states that no blogs are posted. I created categories and I was hoping to move blogs to those specific blogs. Any Idea on why this might be?

Here is a link to my blog.

http://brothersofchaos.com/forum/blog.php

Thanks

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:00 am

The blog MCP only shows reported and unapproved blogs/replies.

Surf007

Post by Surf007 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:24 am

How can i get to know what php version i'm using?

TonyFMP

Post by TonyFMP » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks about the answer regarding global permissions. It all seems to be working great.
The problem in the User Control Panel is that the Blog and phpBB Arcade tabs seem to act as 1.

If I select the Arcade tab I cget the following error:
"General Error
Module not accessible"

If I select the Blog tab, I get the Blog settings, but the menu on the left says phpBB Arcade. If I click there, I get the same error message again.

I installed the Blog after the Arcade.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Surf007 wrote:How can i get to know what php version i'm using?
Create a file with:

Code: Select all

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
in it, upload it to your server, then view it with your web browser.
TonyFMP wrote:Thanks about the answer regarding global permissions. It all seems to be working great.
The problem in the User Control Panel is that the Blog and phpBB Arcade tabs seem to act as 1.

If I select the Arcade tab I cget the following error:
"General Error
Module not accessible"

If I select the Blog tab, I get the Blog settings, but the menu on the left says phpBB Arcade. If I click there, I get the same error message again.

I installed the Blog after the Arcade.
Sounds like the modules got messed up. I would go to the acp module management and check it out.

Surf007

Post by Surf007 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm

im using PHP Version 4.3.11, how can i upgrade it to use this Mod or can i use it on the same version, Reply wld be appreciated.

Its a gr8 mod, i wld surely miss it if m nt able to use it.

Thank you to the devloper.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 pm

You will need to contact your host. If you have a good host they might upgrade it for you, if not you'll probably need to find a new one.

Surf007

Post by Surf007 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:15 am

Gr8 MOD Extraction works gr8 on my BB 3.0.0-

Thanks a lot for this even looks gr8 on the forum, just one edit u need to make in the install.xml

prosilver overall_header.html

Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

Code: Select All
{U_FAQ}
Add before
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line before the preceding line(s) to find.

Code: Select All
				<!-- BEGIN blog_links -->
					<li class="{blog_links.CLASS}"><a href="{blog_links.URL}">{blog_links.TEXT}</a></li>
				<!-- END blog_links -->

Instead of adding before U_Faq i added before

<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->

dreamygirl

Post by dreamygirl » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi. I'd really like to get this mod working, it looks great. I installed Beta 2, looks like it installed fine, but when I try to actually submit a form post action, it doesn't work. What should I check, what has gone wrong here?

I can view the posts and navigate around and click on the Reply buttons, but when I do a Submit (or Preview) to make a new post it's as if I just reloaded the page instead of hitting submit. It shows me the same exact form, but blanked out, after it "submits".

Also I can't "submit" to delete a post, again same thing, it just blanks out the form (the one checkbox) and does nothing.

I did get my PHP version upgraded to 5.2.4 and I am using FireFox. I also attempted the same thing in IE just to check. I have the same issue whether or not I turn on the mod_rewrite stuff. I am using the newest PHPBB3 downloaded last week.

Thank you!

Surf007

Post by Surf007 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:01 pm

just upload all ur original backed up files, n see if still u facing the problem, coz this mod doesnt make u to edits in posting pages.

There shld not be any problem regarding posting. U need to do it all again i think coz this is very simple n in a go kind of MOD.

phxcityslick

Post by phxcityslick » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:17 pm

Needing help

1. whenever i add the .htaccess info the site internal server errors on me

2. This could be related to the first one. When i try to access the blogs from the profile I get "You do not have the necessary permissions to complete this operation." I'm the admin and a founder.

3. I'm using the Acidtech Tiger and the overall header code will not work... any suggestions (will post in tigers topic also)

4. when in ACP and i click on "Click here to update the database for the User Blog Mod" I get a you must be a founder to use this. I am a founder

Thanks in advance

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”