User Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: [Alpha] User Blog Mod

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Well, there are a few known bugs in Alpha 37a, like the subcategory list is broke and there is a bug with trying to view a soft deleted reply/blog.

If your host will not update tell them you are going to move to a different host if they don't. PHP 4 isn't even supported any longer by PHP Group.

probablepossible

Post by probablepossible » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm

Eh, shit. ;)

I'll never ever find the same price with a free-speech host!

PSPDM

Post by PSPDM » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:58 pm

probablepossible wrote:
EXreaction wrote:[
Starting with Alpha 38, the User Blogs Mod will not be supporting PHP less than 5.1.0 and MySQL less than 4.1.3 will not be supported. If you have older versions you should update ASAP.
My host will not update. :evil:
:x i have the same problem lmao and they offer so much for just 1 ad and ive been with them for 1 year

boardhopper

Post by boardhopper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 am

I do not understand why hosts will not update to php5, especially since php4 is not longer supported. I have my own dedicated server and as soon as a older software is not supported any more I upgrade the software. All host should be doing the same. I understand why Exreaction Blog Mod is going php5, and I agree with it, but unfortunately some hosts will still be using a unsupported version of php.

This Blog Mod is a great Mod, and php5 is the way to move forward.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:41 pm

sotis

Post by sotis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:19 pm

EXreaction,

Can you put back the counter how many times the blog is viewed. Some of my members lost an interest to post, because they think nobody reads their blogs when they don't see this counter.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 pm

Yes, I can look for a good place to put that.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Alpha 38 has been released.

Code: Select all

##		Alpha 38
##			+ Less than PHP 5.1.0 and less than MySQL 4.1.3 is no longer supported.
##			+ Plenty of bug fixes (hopefully not too many new bugs) and lots of updates, to name a few: 
##				- Added DB2 support.
##				- Re-integrated the Attachments plugin and created a new module for managing blog attachment extensions.
##				- Simplified getting the blog/reply/user data by putting all 3 classes into the blog_data class.
##				- Lots of code cleanup and a bunch more hooks for the plugins system (some old hooks were renamed/removed).
##				- Added easier access for subscriptions by putting it in as you add a reply and a default setting for it in UCP.
##				- Added a hard delete option on the first delete page for deleting blogs/replies for users who can hard delete.
##				- Added Polls for blogs.
##				- Now there is a new setup on the templating system!  Each user can easily select what template they want to be displayed for their blog,
##					+ and you can easily add more templates for the blog without installing new templates for the forums.
##				- You can now change the priority of plugins by moving them up/down in the Blog Plugins ACP.
##				- The Javascript output feed has been finished and there is a feed icon on supporting pages to bring you to a page with the available feed options.
##			+ The upgrade script no longer supports upgrades from versions older than Alpha 33 (0.3.33).
##				- If you must upgrade from earlier than Alpha 33, rename the update.php file in blog/, then copy update_old.php from blog/update/ to blog/
##				- Then rename update_old.php to update.php, then go to blog.php?page=update in your web browser.  After that, remove the update.php file you
##				- copied from blog/update/, and rename the original update.php that was in blog/ back to update.php, and then go to blog.php?page=update again.
##			+ To update, update the edits in viewtopic.php and the prosilver/theme/stylesheet.css, copy the new files over, and then run the upgrade script by going to blog.php?page=update
##				- If you had the attachment plugin installed you should delete every file you had to upload to install it, and remove all of the edits you had to make to install it.
http://lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtop ... f=41&t=433

sotis

Post by sotis » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:17 pm

First, smooth update, thanks :D
- Now there is a new setup on the templating system! Each user can easily select what template they want to be displayed for their blog,
## + and you can easily add more templates for the blog without installing new templates for the forums.
Where are thise settings? Why can't I find them?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:54 pm

sotis wrote:First, smooth update, thanks :D
- Now there is a new setup on the templating system! Each user can easily select what template they want to be displayed for their blog,
## + and you can easily add more templates for the blog without installing new templates for the forums.
Where are thise settings? Why can't I find them?
If you did the update you will need to set the new user permissions. It will be shown in the Blog UCP. :)

sotis

Post by sotis » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:55 pm

EXreaction wrote:If you did the update you will need to set the new user permissions. It will be shown in the Blog UCP. :)
:D
Hey, there is only one style, I want more :D

And in the new style trere is not a counter how many times the blog is viewed :P

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:37 pm

sotis wrote: :D
Hey, there is only one style, I want more :D

And in the new style trere is not a counter how many times the blog is viewed :P
Then make one yourself. That style was built just to show others what they have to do in order to make more.

No, I decided not to put that in there because it has enough info squeezed in already.

Each style can have in whatever the style developer wants. That style does not have a print view option either.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Some minor bug fixes were made and the package has been updated to Alpha 38a.

markus76

Post by markus76 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:28 am

I have A30, how can i update to A38?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:06 am

markus76 wrote:I have A30, how can i update to A38?
Follow the upgrade instructions for every version in between. The full mod history which contains the instructions is listed in the download topic.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”