[MODDB] Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs 1.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
i72fesaj

Re: [BETA] Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs 1.0.0 Beta 8

Post by i72fesaj »

Happens the same to me, I've left the next line in viewforum.php:

Code: Select all

'PAGINATION'	=> generate_pagination(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&$u_sort_param"), $topics_count, $config['topics_per_page'], $start),
Till someone finds out a clue. It's quite strange considering the pagination in viewtopic works properly. I can't even understand that previous line:

$pagination = ($u_sort_param) ? generate_pagination(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewforum.$phpEx", "f=$forum_id&$u_sort_param"), $topics_count, $config['topics_per_page'], $start) : generate_seo_pagination("{$phpbb_root_path}f$forum_id", $forum_data['forum_name'], $topics_count, $config['topics_per_page'], $start, false);
... in order to know if the problem comes from that evaluation or something in the function generation_seo_pagination().

Regards.
Mike_PL

Post by Mike_PL »

Works in RC2?
spartanandjohn117

Post by spartanandjohn117 »

Mike_PL wrote:Works in RC2?
I have upgraded my board to RC2, and the MOD works perfectly as far as I know. So yes, it works in RC2.
i72fesaj

Post by i72fesaj »

Even the pagination in viewforum?
spartanandjohn117

Yes (at least for me).
Handyman`
Former Team Member

Post by Handyman` »

I'll have to release an update for the viewforum pagination when I get the chance to fix the other reported bugs.
Do as the user above did for the time being, so people can browse your forums… put the old viewforum pagination line back in.
http://startrekguide.com My Mod Queue || 1/16/10 Display Posts Anywhere 1.2.0 RC5, Cash MOD 1.0.0 b1, MOD Version Check, AJAX Chat, SEO MOD, AJAX QR, Photo Gallery
MOD Development Manager (version 0.2.0-dev with MODX Generator)
DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

Stupid question but... where is .htaccess? Do I create one in root if there isn't any?
spartanandjohn117

DanoruX wrote:Stupid question but... where is .htaccess? Do I create one in root if there isn't any?
First of all, your host has to support it. Then, yes, you make one in your forum's root directory if there isn't any already there and put the contents specified in there.
DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

spartanandjohn117 wrote:
DanoruX wrote:Stupid question but... where is .htaccess? Do I create one in root if there isn't any?
First of all, your host has to support it. Then, yes, you make one in your forum's root directory if there isn't any already there and put the contents specified in there.
Cool thanks :)
XToF.be

Post by XToF.be »

I modified the files as stated in the installation files, but I received the following error when refreshing my window:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /var/www/antforum.be/antforum.be/wwwroot/includes/functions.php on line 4092

After I remodifief the function.php file, I had the same error.

Is it possible that this error has to do with the .htaccess file? I had no .htaccess file in my rootdirectory of my server, so I made one.
My self-made .htaccess only existed of:

ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html

I just copied the code lines as stated in the installation file in my self-made .htaccess file.

I succesfully did the test to see if my server is able to support mod_rewrite, it said that the topic didn't exist.
Thanks for your help!
spartanandjohn117

XToF.be wrote:I modified the files as stated in the installation files, but I received the following error when refreshing my window:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /var/www/antforum.be/antforum.be/wwwroot/includes/functions.php on line 4092

After I remodifief the function.php file, I had the same error.

Is it possible that this error has to do with the .htaccess file? I had no .htaccess file in my rootdirectory of my server, so I made one.
My self-made .htaccess only existed of:

ErrorDocument 404 /error/404.html

I just copied the code lines as stated in the installation file in my self-made .htaccess file.

I succesfully did the test to see if my server is able to support mod_rewrite, it said that the topic didn't exist.
Thanks for your help!
That has nothing to do with your .htaccess file. Do you mind giving us the 10 lines before line 4092 through the ten lines after line 4092 in functions.php?
XToF.be

Post by XToF.be »

This is line 4092:
'U_BASE_HREF' => $config['server_protocol'] . $config['server_name'] . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],

These are the lines from 4082 to 4102 in my functions.php file
{
$l_message_unread = ($user->data['user_unread_privmsg'] == 1) ? $user->lang['UNREAD_PM'] : $user->lang['UNREAD_PMS'];
$l_privmsgs_text_unread = sprintf($l_message_unread, $user->data['user_unread_privmsg']);
}
}

// Which timezone?
$tz = ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS) ? strval(doubleval($user->data['user_timezone'])) : strval(doubleval($config['board_timezone']));

// The following assigns all _common_ variables that may be used at any point in a template.
'U_BASE_HREF' => $config['server_protocol'] . $config['server_name'] . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],
$template->assign_vars(array(
'SITENAME' => $config['sitename'],
'SITE_DESCRIPTION' => $config['site_desc'],
'PAGE_TITLE' => $page_title,
'SCRIPT_NAME' => str_replace('.' . $phpEx, '', $user->page['page_name']),
'LAST_VISIT_DATE' => sprintf($user->lang['YOU_LAST_VISIT'], $s_last_visit),
'LAST_VISIT_YOU' => $s_last_visit,
'CURRENT_TIME' => sprintf($user->lang['CURRENT_TIME'], $user->format_date(time(), false, true)),
'TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE' => $l_online_users,
'LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST' => $online_userlist,
spartanandjohn117

Try moving line 4092 after

$template->assign_vars(array(
XToF.be

Post by XToF.be »

Everything is working perfect now!
Thank you spartanandjohn117!
fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

In my RC2 it doesn't work.
when i click on a topic the URL is modded but no page is loaded(its visual "can't find.....")
can somebody help me?

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”