[BETA] Quick Posting MOD 3.0.B1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Gleasonator

Re: [BETA] Quick Posting MOD 3.0.B1

Post by Gleasonator »

LEW21 wrote:TRICHES.FR, I can, but it will be useless :P You can see all features (except smilies) on the screenshot and demo won't give you any more possibilities. And you will have to login, because QP works only for registered users.
Actually, you forgot to update the link to the picture in the first post. :) It should be http://phpbb3.xnteam.pl/prosilver_quickposting.png, not http://phpbb3.pl/prosilver_quickposting.png.

Thanks for an awesome mod! :D I have not installed it yet, but I definitely will. However... I am a big fan of eviL<3's little AJAX button that, when pressed, displays the quick reply. I plan to use both his and your mods because this one can be turned off by the user if he/she wants to use the button rather than this one. Just a suggestion, but the option to pick between the button and the way you have it now would be cool. 8-)
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

I will add subsilver2 template in RC1 - it's not needed for testing and you should not use betas in live enviroment :P

@Gleasonator: I will add that button in beta2.
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Thanks Lew, I know about the betas but that is just a chance I will take. ANYWAY, I was testing this mod out on my test board and for some reason when I click submit on the quick reply nothing happens. Seems like the screen refreshes but no message gets posted.
Rahulrulez

Post by Rahulrulez »

Code: Select all

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 66
STR: '
SQL: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_qp smallint(4) UNSIGNED DEFAULT \'31\' NOT NULL

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_qp smallint(4) UNSIGNED DEFAULT \'31\' NOT NULL

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'31\' NOT NULL' at line 1 
When Tried to Add SQL in Database
Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 »

Rahulrulez wrote:

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 66
STR: '
SQL: ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_qp smallint(4) UNSIGNED DEFAULT \'31\' NOT NULL

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_qp smallint(4) UNSIGNED DEFAULT \'31\' NOT NULL

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'31\' NOT NULL' at line 1 
When Tried to Add SQL in Database
The fix for this is 7 posts back.
Rahulrulez

Post by Rahulrulez »

That one also not working..

This error came

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_3users ADD user_qp smallint( 4 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '31' NOT NULL

#1146 - Table 'tech_forum.phpbb_3users' doesn't exist 
Rahulrulez

Post by Rahulrulez »

Hello..
I installed the mod..but it saying

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/fisubice/template/quick_posting.html does not exist or is empty
now
Megh789

Post by Megh789 »

is it working with RC3?
LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

shaneod

Post by shaneod »

Hey,

Thanks for the MOD. Works great.

Only one problem. I installed v2 on a RC3.

Do you have to allow "Display post options:" to be able to see smiley in the quick reply?

If i enter a smiley without the options displayed in the ACP then i seem to just get the =-) sort of thing.

The same thing happens with the quote controls. If I dont have "Display post options:" activated in the ACP then I just get [ quote ] highlighted text [ /quote ] in my quick posts.

Have I done something wrong? I'm not much of a ccoder so maybe i messed up one of the steps?

Thanks,

Shane
LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

It's a bug in 2.0, it is fixed in 3.0 beta.
shaneod

Post by shaneod »

Maith an fear LEW. Nice one.
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

On RC4 3.0 beta doesn't post when I hit submit. The page just refreshes.
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

efficacious

Re: [BETA] Quick Posting MOD 2.0

Post by efficacious »

i just fin installing this mod... almost... but i can't figure out the very last part of it... installing the acp module..can somone help plz

<EDIT* I installed and Enabled the module by the instructions on the previous page but i still get the error below any thoughts on the error?>

thx,

this is my error i see when going to viewtopic_body:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in (section removed)includes/functions_posting.php on line 14

also it does not even show up in viewforum_body.html... i followed instructions to a T(well i didn't include the other languages only en)... i'm using RC4
subsilver2 based style.
GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM STYLE PM ME

Recent works:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=633545
efficacious

Post by efficacious »

i got the quick reply showing up and working tho i cannot view the forumbody (where the posts are)

i guessing that error message is saying that that function is being called twice...?? maybe i'm wrong... if you could instruct me on how to go about changing the function included with your mod to maybe

"genrate_smilies_quick()" that should solve the problem maybe?

it is for sure this mod because i have checked this on a prosilver style with NO other mods watsoever

EDIT* I've located a string of generate_smilies() in the "INCLUDES/quick_posting.php and it is the fucntion being called i changed it to generate_smilies_quick... but I'm sure there is more... plz jump in any time :D

Edit*ok well that did nothing for me... i also tried removing some it that did nothing as well... there are no more occurences of it.

EDit* well now this is weird... I got rid of the <!-- INCLUDE quickpost balh--> code inside of the viewforum_body.html aka the problem page... and can find no occurence of smillies or smil or generate in that file and yet it is still doing it. :cry:

posts are destroyed ... :cry:

I have uninstalled thismod..thankx. I will be waiting for it to be stable... we do love this mod after all..
GET YOUR OWN CUSTOM STYLE PM ME

Recent works:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=633545

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”