[ABD] phpBB Garage 2.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
poyntesm

Re: [BETA] phpBB Garage 2.0

Post by poyntesm » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Hate to say it ... but it will be ready when its ready. A year ago I would have thought 100% I would have a stable version in the MODDB, but heh thats life.

With B4 very close and the pre-release version available at my site I expect we will make good progress in the next 2 months and should have a version to submit to MODDB in that time frame... but who knows what will happen.

shahinavthal

Post by shahinavthal » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Hope we are getting the Beta B4 full Install version soon... It should be really cool 8-)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Today the translators who offered to help will have got mails, allowing them a few days to try sync with the current language strings needed for B4. I am packaging and testing now the release and once/if I get translations then I will ship this next beta.

Those people running SVN are much happier with features working and overall experience in later code so hopefully a big step foward.

evoben

Post by evoben » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Any news on stable garage release for phpbb3? I know this is a free forum etc and family always takes priority but i have been waiting for it since i converted to phpbb3 back in mid 2007 :(

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am

So the next beta is just really waiting for me to package and test the updater. I keep trying to get time over the last few days but real work and family get in the way. Tonight I have hopefully 3 hours when I try to make this happen.

My06Stang

Post by My06Stang » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:15 am

I love this mod and have had it up and running a little over a year. waiting with baited breath for the update.

Keep up the good work and Happy Holiday to you and your family!!!

Vannystick

Post by Vannystick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 pm

This is probably the greatest MOD ever made for PHPBB. I Love It, keep up the good work poyntesm and thank you!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:05 pm

So FINALLY after many months I have tagged and packaged B4 the next release. Really a huge step forward and I hope we only need one more beta to deal mainly with the styling on prosilver.

The standard package is available @ http://downloads.phpbbgarage.com/phpbbgarage-2.0.B4.zip

THis is the only package supported from phpBB.com as it will be the only one submitted to the MODDB. However there premod versions and a full file editer installer @ forums.phpbbgarage.com

WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm

I got my Garage updated to B4 today. The only issue I have seen so far is in the "Garage Management" tab of the ACP. When the management section opens, the "version check, current version and latest version" lang vars don't seem to be working. This is what I see, { VERSION_CHECK } {CURRENT_VERSION} {LATEST_VERSION}.

scottybt

Post by scottybt » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:32 pm

I've got the B4 installed now and I'm wondering about a few things.

Engine type - how can I alter the options here and create new?
Currency - How can I change this? In Norway we use NOK

I also want to transelate to norwegian. But we have ÆØÅ in our alphabet, and when I modify a language file and upload it, I can't see the æøå letters properly.
Last edited by scottybt on Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 pm

scottybt -> Engine type is in constants_garage.php and the language file garage.php, I think currency is just in class_garage_template.php

make sure when you save the language files you save them in utf8 without the BOM

WheelGuy

Post by WheelGuy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:57 pm

A user just reported these errors to me earlier today. The first one happens when trying to modify manufacturer on the "Not listed here? Click Here" link.

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/H/u/n/Huntsman444m/html/forum/cache/tpl_Strike-Yellow_garage_user_submit_data.html.php on line 159
This one is on the "Product" line.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY c.field_order' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

SELECT c.id, c.title, c.field_order FROM (phpbb3_garage_categories c) WHERE c.id = ORDER BY c.field_order

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/mods/class_garage.php
LINE: 288
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: garage.php
LINE: 204
CALL: garage->get_category()

scottybt

Post by scottybt » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:44 pm

poyntesm wrote:scottybt -> Engine type is in constants_garage.php and the language file garage.php, I think currency is just in class_garage_template.php

make sure when you save the language files you save them in utf8 without the BOM
Thanks.

Got the Engine Type and language files sorted out. :)

But how do I add another currency to the class_garage_template.php? Tried adding NOK on the end of the other already existing currency's, but that didn't work.

Also, where in the adm panel can I manage how many vehicles a user can have? So far there seems to be only one vehicle allowed, but I can't find where in the adm panel I can change this.

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:38 am

link to your demosite is down, missing a . after forums

cheers.
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 am

Currency stuff is just this one line
Change