[Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
hsiehstanley83

Re: [Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

After I added this mod in ACP
when i clicked it
it says the following.

General Error
No mode specified.

how could I fix this?
Thnx.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Zheverling wrote:I added this mod and i followed the instruction in going to ACP -> System -> Module Management now from there where do i go and what setting do i use. Sorry for the newbie question but that is what i am :)
Now go to the ACP Module management, select the general category, then select "Board configuration" as a subcategory. Then scroll down and look at the dropdown box and select the "Contact board administration" module. Add it. Enable it. Click on the general tab at the top and look if it's there.
Ash Hi Fi Zone wrote:I stumbled upon a small bug in this MOD....

In the select of

Code: Select all

Contact bot forum:
You are able to select categories as well but it should not be able to select categories since no post can be made in a category.... And if I select any category it does not give any error here.... And above that if I make an entry into the contact form with the Contact bot forum selected as one of the categories then it does not give any error either and the post is not made into the db at all I gues...

I guess you can fix that one Igor ;)
I'll see if i can fix that. I don't want to have to rewrite the already existing forum select box function...
hsiehstanley83 wrote:After I added this mod in ACP
when i clicked it
it says the following.

General Error
No mode specified.

how could I fix this?
Thnx.
Check the edits in includes/acp/acp_board.php and make sure you added the module like described above ;)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
hsiehstanley83

Post by hsiehstanley83 »

got it, thnx.
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I just installed this mod, I'm having little problem with the captcha (I installed visual confirmation MOD). I configured it so that only guests see captcha, They do but they see one photo of 10 of the visual confirmation MOD which is not correct ;) I will see if I can fix it ;)

Would it be possible to allow the choice of the emailaddress the contact form mail is sent to? Something like, if no email inserted it uses the board email address, otherwise it uses the mailaddress which administrator configured in the ACP. (We work with a ticketsystem to receive our e-mail).

Great mod, have to figure out the post & bot function today because that isn't clear to me yet. ;)

Thank you!

Nic
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

saaiberke wrote:I just installed this mod, I'm having little problem with the captcha (I installed visual confirmation MOD). I configured it so that only guests see captcha, They do but they see one photo of 10 of the visual confirmation MOD which is not correct ;) I will see if I can fix it ;)
That would be a problem of integrating that MOD ;)
saaiberke wrote:Would it be possible to allow the choice of the emailaddress the contact form mail is sent to? Something like, if no email inserted it uses the board email address, otherwise it uses the mailaddress which administrator configured in the ACP. (We work with a ticketsystem to receive our e-mail).
That would be possible. I might add it, not sure yet. Quite busy right now...
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

eviL<3 wrote:
saaiberke wrote:I just installed this mod, I'm having little problem with the captcha (I installed visual confirmation MOD). I configured it so that only guests see captcha, They do but they see one photo of 10 of the visual confirmation MOD which is not correct ;) I will see if I can fix it ;)
That would be a problem of integrating that MOD ;)
The captcha of that mod works fine, but it interferes with the captcha of the form. Don't think I can solve it myself, too litle php knowledge though :) I will turn the contactform captcha off then ;)
eviL<3 wrote:
saaiberke wrote:Would it be possible to allow the choice of the emailaddress the contact form mail is sent to? Something like, if no email inserted it uses the board email address, otherwise it uses the mailaddress which administrator configured in the ACP. (We work with a ticketsystem to receive our e-mail).
That would be possible. I might add it, not sure yet. Quite busy right now...
Meanwhile I see that the senders address is the board mailaddress, that causes a problem in our mailsystem. because we send an autoreply when a mail arrives, the reply is sent to the board mailaddress then which creates a second mail and so on....... :)

So don't bother my question, it wouldn't work as I've hoped. And since you're busy I don't think I would have the chance you can or will change very much to this. No problem, first things first of course ;)

Grtz,

Nic
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

So is all that needs changing the reply-to address`?
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I will try to explain with an example:

User fills out contact form, the email arrives at standard board mailaddress (or address that was set by admin in ACP). Now the mails reply-to address is the board's mailadress.

Would it be possible to use the emailaddress that is known in the database as reply-to address and have guests fill out their info as it already handled now?

You see what I'd like to accomplish? ;)

Grtz,

Nic
_Splinter

Post by _Splinter »

Hi,

DobbDee has started an official conversion of the Mod here; http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=550765
ambia

Post by ambia »

Hi,
I've been trying to install this mod but keep on getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in ...\includes\functions.php on line 3935
Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

:D SOLVED
champsabin

Post by champsabin »

eviL<3 wrote:First go to the ACP->System->Module management, add the Contact board admin module somewhere and then enable it there.

Whats the name of the module? i cant find anything with Contact Board.
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

saaiberke wrote:User fills out contact form, the email arrives at standard board mailaddress (or address that was set by admin in ACP). Now the mails reply-to address is the board's mailadress.

Would it be possible to use the emailaddress that is known in the database as reply-to address and have guests fill out their info as it already handled now?
So the reply-to address would be the email of the person who filled the form?
champsabin wrote:Whats the name of the module? i cant find anything with Contact Board.
Contact board administration / contact_admin
champsabin

Post by champsabin »

eviL<3 wrote:Contact board administration / contact_admin
Cant find it. Is there a manual way to add ? its probably a problem with my host.
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

Excuse my poor explanation :oops:

Prince of phpbb

Post by Prince of phpbb »

awesome MOD .. love it .. just something I found ..

you cant find in styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html

<a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a>&nbsp; 
because the line actually is:

<li class="rightside"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}" class="icon-faq">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
similarly .. you wont find in styles/prosilver/theme/buttons.css

, .rtl .icon-faq
its been moved to .. styles/prosilver/theme/bidi.css

and finally .. keep up the good work .. awesome stuff ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”