[Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
t-p

Re: [Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

Post by t-p »

Hi,

looks great mod! I would like to use it. But before I use it, I have couple of questions:
(1) Does it work with BB3.0.1, prosilver style?
(2) Is it still "Beta"? or is there a stable version of this mod?

Thanks.

--tp
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

t-p wrote: (1) Does it work with BB3.0.1, prosilver style?
(
Yes it does. I have installed it on my phpBB 3.0.1 and work fine.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
t-p

Post by t-p »

Thanks EY for your response. Before I mess around with my nicely working board, let me tell you what I am trying to accomplish.

The default Admin or board contact is the admin's email address. I don't prefer this feature. Enough spam problems as it is!! Instead I would like the board to point users to my formmail page at my website ( I have nice formmail alredy working at my site).

(1) Please tell me if this mod will do that? That is, would it replace link to admin's email address with link to my formmail?
(2) if yes, what files, lines and how I need to edit?
(3) As I already have a working formmail, can I accomplish my goal by editing some files replacing the email link with my formmail link without installing this MOD?

Sorry about these newwbie questions. I am not a programmer. However, being a technical person, I can follow simple step-by-step instructions.

Thanks for your time and help.

--tp
Ashok

Post by Ashok »

t-p wrote: (3) As I already have a working formmail, can I accomplish my goal by editing some files replacing the email link with my formmail link without installing this MOD?
Yes, it is possible to replace the mailto links that point to the admin's email address with a link to your formmail. You will have to modify some files for this. Please see:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4#p4124015

Of course, the changes listed in the message above make use of the "Contact Board Admin" form. Since you already have a working formmail, you would make the changes so that all the mailto links point to your formmail.
t-p

Post by t-p »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response and help.

Actually I spent all day reviewing the thread you mention, but I could not figure out where to insert url address of my formmail. The thread suggest the following edit:

Code: Select all

# ./posting.php : 1 change

Find the line:

'L_POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'   => sprintf($user->lang['POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">', '</a>'),

Replace with:

'L_POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'   => sprintf($user->lang['POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">', '</a>'),

# ./includes/functions.php :- 4 changes

Find the line:

'L_LOGIN_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'   => sprintf($user->lang['LOGIN_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">', '</a>'),

Replace with:

'L_LOGIN_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'   => sprintf($user->lang['LOGIN_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] .'">', '</a>'),

Find the line:

($config['board_contact']) ? '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">' : '',

Replace with:

($config['board_contact']) ? '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">' : '',

Find the line:

$err = (!$config['board_contact']) ? sprintf($user->lang[$result['error_msg']], '', '') : sprintf($user->lang[$result['error_msg']], '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">', '</a>');

Replace with:

$err = (!$config['board_contact']) ? sprintf($user->lang[$result['error_msg']], '', '') : sprintf($user->lang[$result['error_msg']], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">', '</a>');

Find the line:

$l_notify = '<p>Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: <a href="mailto:' . $config['board_contact'] . '">' . $config['board_contact'] . '</a></p>';

Replace with:

$l_notify = '<p>Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: <a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">' . '</a></p>';

# ./includes/session.php : 1 change

Find the line:

$message = sprintf($this->lang[$message], $till_date, '<a href="mailto:' . $config['board_contact'] . '">', '</a>');

Replace with:

$message = sprintf($this->lang[$message], $till_date, '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] .'">', '</a>');

# ./includes/db/dbal.php : 1 change

Find the line:

$message .= '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['SQL_ERROR_OCCURRED'], '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">', '</a>');

Replace with:

$message .= '<br /><br />' . sprintf($user->lang['SQL_ERROR_OCCURRED'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] .'">', '</a>');

# ./includes/ucp/ucp_register.php : 1 change

Find the line:

'L_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'         => sprintf($user->lang['CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="mailto:' . htmlspecialchars($config['board_contact']) . '">', '</a>'),

Replace with:

'L_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'         => sprintf($user->lang['CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">', '</a>'),

# ./language/en/common.php : 1 change

Find the line:

'NOTIFY_ADMIN_EMAIL'      => 'Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: <a href="mailto:%1$s">%1$s</a>',

Replace with:

'NOTIFY_ADMIN_EMAIL'      => 'Please notify the <a href="' . append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}contact.$phpEx") . '" title="' . $user->lang['CONTACT_BOARD_ADMIN'] . '">Board Administrator.</a>',

Question:
The url address of my formmail is: http://www.mysite.org/contactus/formmail.php
Please help me as to where I am supposed to insert the above linkl?

Thanks a lot. With your help I feel like I am getting pretty close.

--tp
Ashok

Post by Ashok »

t-p wrote: The url address of my formmail is: http://www.mysite.org/contactus/formmail.php
Please help me as to where I am supposed to insert the above linkl?
After the "href" like so:

'L_POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'   => sprintf($user->lang['POST_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN'], '<a href="http://www.mysite.org/contactus/formmail.php" title="Contact Admin">', '</a>'),
I have not tested this, but it should work. The trickiest part is keeping the string concatenations straight.
t-p

Post by t-p »

Hi Chris and Ashok,

Thanks for your patient and help. I made those changes and it worked. Thanks again.

--tp
NeoID

Post by NeoID »

It looks like some files has wrong charset or something as the PM's I get are missing the Norwegian characters.
Dersom dere ??nsker ?? anmelde
?? should have been ø and å...

Anyone have a clue what to change/look at?
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com
bjartmar

Post by bjartmar »

NeoID wrote:It looks like some files has wrong charset or something as the PM's I get are missing the Norwegian characters.
Dersom dere ??nsker ?? anmelde
?? should have been ø and å...

Anyone have a clue what to change/look at?
This is exactly what I was going to ask about. My e-mail subject won't show those letters. ð æ ö
Whitefeather333

Post by Whitefeather333 »

edit: nevermind
mmags

Post by mmags »

Oddly enough, I installed this mod on gold and it worked perfectly. Now that I've updated the forum to 3.0.1 and gone through the motions of installing the mod again... All I get is a blank page when I try to load contact.php ... no errors at all, just a blank page.

Not asking for help or anything, just letting people know that you might want to reconsider upgrading if you really want this mod working :|
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Well i got it running on my 3.0.1 phpBB version and everything is working fine.

I had the same probleme but then one day i tried going to that link again and it worked.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
mmags

Post by mmags »

Yeah it has happened to me as well, and then suddenly it's all fine. Any idea why stuff like that happens?
My contact.php has been "blank" for days now, it doesn't seem to fix itself.
cyb0rg

Post by cyb0rg »

Im still gettting

You can not use the contact form at the moment, because it has been disabled.
Even though ive added the module and enabled it, does anybody no whats up?

Thanks
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Did you finish setting up the module in the ACP? There is an option to enable it in it's configuration.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”