[Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Re: [Beta] Contact Board Administration 0.1.4

Post by igorw »

Why do you have the values as hex codes? :?
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

Can someone post the database change with this mod? for some reason they do not happen with gold. I tired the above inserts and it does not work.
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

It acts like there is no database entries, but I made them by hand. Could this be because my database entries are under phpbb3_

cwcollector wrote:This really needs an update. There many errors in the install instructions. It does not seem to work with with gold. I have reinstalled it 8 times now and still get the same errors. I have enabled it and I still get the same same errors.

If I run my forum, I get these errors:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3373: Undefined index: contact_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
and the admin contact panel gives me this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 290: Undefined index: contact_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: contact_enable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 290: Undefined index: contact_confirm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: contact_confirm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 290: Undefined index: contact_confirm_guests
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 291: Undefined index: contact_confirm_guests
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 272: Undefined index: contact_max_attempts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 341: Undefined index: contact_method
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 286: Undefined index: contact_reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 272: Undefined index: contact_bot_user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 341: Undefined index: contact_bot_forum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
It appears this is not an isolated problem.
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

eviL<3 wrote:Why do you have the values as hex codes? :?
I was unable to get any export from phpmyadmin that was not encoded...finally, I just posted these.
Let me take a look and try again, unless you have some queries somewhere, already?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
Jackanape

Post by Jackanape »

Here we go:

Run this query, Collector:

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_enable', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_confirm', 1);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_confirm_guests', 1);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_max_attempts', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_method', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_bot_user', 2);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_bot_forum', 0);
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_reasons', '');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('contact_version', 0.1.4);
Everything should work for you then.
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

I still can not get it to work and still get the same error. I think I will wait till the next version.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

cwcollector: You said your database is phpbb3? If so, use the edits from Jackanape, except change phpbb_config to phpbb3_config in each of the lines.
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

I tried changing the phpbb_ to phpbb3_ in the database. That did not work. I am unsure why it did not work. It is not isolated so maybe we both made the same mistake. I guess there needs to be updated install file. I will probably wait till then.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Gremlinn wrote:cwcollector: You said your database is phpbb3? If so, use the edits from Jackanape, except change phpbb_config to phpbb3_config in each of the lines.
That's simply not true. Unless your $table_prefix is 'phpbb3_'. You have to replace phpbb_ with your table prefix, by default the table prefix is phpbb_.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
Jackanape

Post by Jackanape »

Collector:

1) What is your table prefix?
2) How are you running the queries? phpmyAdmin?
3) What is not working after running the queries, the queries themselves, or the contact form?
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

1) What is your table prefix?
phpbb3 - I change the mysql insert call to this and the database change were made by the code listed above.
2) How are you running the queries? phpmyAdmin?
phpmyadmin
3) What is not working after running the queries, the queries themselves, or the contact form?
The mod is enabled and I get errors when every I load my forum (listed above) and when every I try and open the admin panel for the contact form. I have gone over the code and it looks like I have the same error messages as on of the posters above. So either we made the same mistake in the instructions or there is a step missing.
cwcollector

Post by cwcollector »

my table prefix is phpbb3
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

eviL<3 wrote:
Gremlinn wrote:cwcollector: You said your database is phpbb3? If so, use the edits from Jackanape, except change phpbb_config to phpbb3_config in each of the lines.
That's simply not true. Unless your $table_prefix is 'phpbb3_'. You have to replace phpbb_ with your table prefix, by default the table prefix is phpbb_.
Right, his table_prefix is phpbb3, as he stated.
fpbaum

Post by fpbaum »

In case it helps anyone, for my own records I made an updated install package for this mod and posted it here.
psm

Post by psm »

Feature Request:

How about the possibility to choose which forum it will post in (if forum is set), by reason, or maybe to whom the mail or pm goes...

that would be neat.

in a tech help forum, you could have the reaons "graphics" and its posts in the graphic-forum, if the poster chooses "sound" its postet in the sound-forum and so on...

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”