[DEV] My Profile Space

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Youvan

Re: DEV My Profile Space

Post by Youvan »

Youvan wrote: question:
Will there be an integrated mp3 - or whatever - mediaplayer on the "my profile space"- nickpage of a user?
8-)
PUSH!

So the question was:
Does this mod has anything to do with being able as a user to make your own music-playlist , which other users can watch, if they want? kind of the lastfm site!!!

if such a "PLayer"-Function isn't planed for this mod, you could ask the user lancxeon, who is already working on such a mod with integrated Flash-Player ( :arrow: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=527195 ) , how you eventually can combine yours with his mod!? :idea:
It really would be great, if you and lancxeon could merge your too mods to one perfect Mod with the same functionality like myspace!

Moreover it perhaps would be an idea, to ask the user Josh18657 for helping each other in order to create such a Mod, beaucse he is working on it too! ( :arrow: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... it=myspace)

3 similar myspace -Mods in progress.. but none of them is ready to install :roll:
Jadestone

Re: [DEV] My Profile Space

Post by Jadestone »

there still is no release date set. I am in the middle of a recode for phpbb2. Phpbb3 is still in DEV and when i get a stable demo i will post it up.

Youvan- for the player, i can easily just have that as an add-on, that mod is not something that has to be integrated into the core, i can easily create an option in the ACP to use that player.

As for the My Page Mod, that MOD doesn't have all the features MPS has and some site owners may prefer to use that MOD instead of MPS, thats just a personal preference. It would be nice to be able to team up with another MOD but from what i'`ve read an seen it would be better to have the MODS separate, since they both are for the same idea, they both go in 2 different directions with it.
My Mods In Development: MPS Mod

MPS Support Site: Click Here
Youvan

Post by Youvan »

Jadestone wrote:there still is no release date set. I am in the middle of a recode for phpbb2. Phpbb3 is still in DEV and when i get a stable demo i will post it up.

Youvan- for the player, i can easily just have that as an add-on, that mod is not something that has to be integrated into the core, i can easily create an option in the ACP to use that player.

As for the My Page Mod, that MOD doesn't have all the features MPS has and some site owners may prefer to use that MOD instead of MPS, thats just a personal preference. It would be nice to be able to team up with another MOD but from what i'`ve read an seen it would be better to have the MODS separate, since they both are for the same idea, they both go in 2 different directions with it.
ad player:
yes, an option to integrate a flashplayer and/or any other possibility to define and play your own playlist would be great and very usefull I think! Surley not just for my person!

ad MyPageMOD:
ok i see. and propably you are right, that this Mod isn't as powerfull as yours, but the difference is, that this mod already exists for PHPbb3 ;) ...
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

Youvan wrote:ad MyPageMOD:
ok i see. and propably you are right, that this Mod isn't as powerfull as yours, but the difference is, that this mod already exists for PHPbb3 ;) ...

Burn! :o :lol:

That is true, I was waiting for a more stable release before i messed with too much of the code. That MOD will definitely have some impact on MPS, but we are two different MODS. I am trying to have MPS for phpbb3 closer to completion than the phpbb2 version is. So, whether that is a good idea or not, we'll find out ;)

I thank you for your suggestions tho, it's just that i plan to go a different route than that MOD is going.

flexx

Post by flexx »

so when we can see this mod? or demo for phpBB3? :?
Captain Tycoon

Post by Captain Tycoon »

Will the be working with RC7? Or are you waiting for a later release?
Kero

Post by Kero »

it looks great :D can't wait

regards from venezuela
moustafamin

Post by moustafamin »

i will stop breathing till u finish it

can't wait

quicklyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

i am waiting for a more stable release before i release this, or a demo for that fact. There are a lot of changes in the phpbb code so i won't want to have to recode the MOD over and over again. This prob won't be out till phpbb3 goes gold. i am still working on phpbb2 tho as well.

.:: Chico ::.

Post by .:: Chico ::. »

Jadestone wrote:i am waiting for a more stable release before i release this, or a demo for that fact. There are a lot of changes in the phpbb code so i won't want to have to recode the MOD over and over again. This prob won't be out till phpbb3 goes gold. i am still working on phpbb2 tho as well.
Fairy,
many changes were mande in last RCs.
Better wait gold release to have a stable version of mods and less headache.

thanks!
paulredwaldmcmanus

Post by paulredwaldmcmanus »

I'm really looking forward to this, even though it's a way off.
MPS is the nuts, the recode for 2.x can only improve it, and then there's 3.x, which is a masive step up for phpBB.

Jadestone, keep it going geez
Ckyacer

Post by Ckyacer »

So when is this going to be released? I cant wait :D
colorhim

Post by colorhim »

Ckyacer wrote:So when is this going to be released? I cant wait :D
same here
AJAXIM - PHPBB3 BRIDGE COMING SOON
My TV Show: EMOtv
Free phpBB3.0.4/myBB Hosting: FireForumz.com
My Personal Site: emoruffino.com
narcussist
Name: Sean Bianchi

Post by narcussist »

colorhim wrote:
Ckyacer wrote:So when is this going to be released? I cant wait :D
same here
As phpBB3 just went gold about 20 minutes ago, and he was waiting on a stable release, I would have to say that jadestone will probably start working on the MPS MOD with in the next few weeks or so.

My assumption would be a couple months before he gets it coded for phpBB3 as gold is what he was waiting for.

I cant wait either for the phpBB3 release either, but hey I would rather have it done properly, then poorly coded, so good luck on the project, and no rush here, as the rest of you should feel the same way.
Kabal Iscariote

Post by Kabal Iscariote »

Just be patient, people ;D

Big projects have big prizes an need a lot of time. I hope you can release at lease a alpha soon.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”