[MODDB] Auto Groups 0.2.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

[MODDB] Auto Groups 0.2.3

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 pm

This MOD allows administrators to set up groups which shall be entered and left automatically based on a user's post count, time registered, or the number of warnings the user has.

This is particularly useful in the fight against spam. Force the special "registered users" group to enter posts in the moderator queue. Then create another group which users automatically enter after, say, two posts. This group will have full posting privileges. (User's post counts do not increase until moderated posts are approved)

There are other potential uses. It is worth noting that the MOD now uses an AND logic. That is, if you set up a group for 1000 posts and 365 days of membership, and a user writes 1000 posts in 94 days, he will not be placed in the group.

Download Auto Groups 0.2.3
Last edited by A_Jelly_Doughnut on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

geoffreak

Re: [BETA] Auto Groups 0.0.5

Post by geoffreak » Sun May 27, 2007 5:13 pm

About time you posted it here ;)
Anime Revolution - Your new #1 source for All things anime and manga!
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Tue May 29, 2007 7:57 pm

hii i wanted to restrict downloads of files on my forum to only those who have minimum3 posts...

som1 referred me to this mod , and can be manipulated to achieve the same.

so any idea how this mod could help in tht....whn i set permissions in "Forum Admin " would this grp be added to the list like all,regis,priv,admin,mod ....or else how do i stop pple frm below 3 posts....as individually thy r registered so can downlaod as per the permission settings.....

thnks and gr8 mod if it can be used this way :)

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Tue May 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Wonderful, wonderful hack! You did an amazing job! I have two comments...

1.) You missed a "," in functions_user.php

Code: Select all

'group_min_days', 'group_max_days', 'group_min_warnings', 'group_max_warnings', 'group_min_posts', 'group_max_posts', 'group_auto_default'
2.) What does the Make default for auto-users do?

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:14 pm

and hey i find another mod (validated) for the same. and it specifically mentions this
This makes it posible to make a group "Everyone" (0 posts) where all members are members by default.
this version also support MAX post count, so the users will be removed if they have more posts than required
okie so this one means i set all users to to one grp (with no download privlage) and a soon as thy have 3 posts thy r transferred to another grp (with downloading privalages ).....am i right .

does ur mod do the same? how can i make it work to restrict all users (including alrdy registerd ones) frm downloading files untill thy have minimum 3 posts

also am confused that with two mods on same feature which one to go for and why !

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:02 pm

hey its done without using auto grps etc....try clicking on any file on the forum http://www.ibsrocks.com (id - test , password 123456 ) and downloading any file it - it will say sorry you need minimum 3 posts abhishek1711

Private messageE-mailWebsiteMSNM/WLMYIM

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:03 pm

hey its done without using auto grps etc....try clicking on any file on the forum http://www.ibsrocks.com (id - test , password 123456 ) and downloading any file it - it will say sorry you need minimum 3 posts !

Renie

Post by Renie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:09 am

Hi there,

I'm having a real problem installing this mod. I did it twice; I've installed modifications manually before (on phpBB2) that have worked fine, but I can't seem to get this one to 'stick' and it's a really important mod that will make life for the admins of my board much, much easier. ;)

I checked and re-checked; the new tables are in my database, all the code has been put where it should have been put, and all the requisite files have been uploaded. But my board hasn't changed one bit. I go to "Manage Groups" and there is no extra field for Auto Groups, like specified in acp_groups.html . I rechecked that the code was okay in acp_groups.html, and there is no problem.

There may be one issue: the table for my groups in my database (MySQL) isn't called phpbb_groups, it's called phpbb3_groups. I changed phpbb_groups to phpbb3_groups when I submitted the query (I had submitted it as phpbb_groups before and then realized, after nothing showed up in Manage Groups, that my tables had a different prefix. But still nothing after the prefix was amended in the mod).

I'm at a loss. I love the idea of this mod and need it quite desperately for my forum (in which I have many rank-based fora viewable by only groups of a certain rank). Right now I have to add posters manually to rank-groups (or take them out!) and it is a nightmare.

Any suggestions?

Vampy

Post by Vampy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:29 am

Hi! I initially had the same issue as well... then I remember that olympus uses caching for many of its pages. I then click on purge cache in the admin panel and viola, the extra fields appear... Hope this helps...
Julian

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 am

azzurri wrote:What does the Make default for auto-users do?
I quote myself...

Jleagle

Post by Jleagle » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:53 pm

fantastic mod

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:19 pm

azzurri wrote:
azzurri wrote:What does the Make default for auto-users do?
I quote myself...
Please, author, it is a simple question!

Quezza

Post by Quezza » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 pm

You seem to have an error with the install instructions. You have a find that doesn't exit in includes/functions_user.php where you need to find something that doesn't exit and there is no second statement. I just added the missing bits to the file that should have been in the find and I guess that'll work, but its not tested yet. :D

EDIT: You have the same kind of error in the instructions for includes/acp/acp_groups.php.

pelonetillo
Name: Greg Arguile

Post by pelonetillo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:22 am

can someone post a version of this mod with no errors? or has it been updated?
phpBB owns you!

azzurri

Post by azzurri » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:06 am

pelonetillo wrote:can someone post a version of this mod with no errors? or has it been updated?
What errors? I have no errors.

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”