[MODDB] Auto Groups 0.2.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Stitch625

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Post by Stitch625 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:29 am

Ok thanks Jelly,

I think I will stick with 2.0 for now. It seems to be working fine for me except the multiple admin log entries that are being added every time someone logs in that someone already mentioned.

So does this mean I will have to update from 2.0 to 2.1 then 2.2 then 2.3??? :o

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:48 pm

I"m not sure how I'm going to do the upgrade yet...
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:38 am

Hi...
This mod is really usefull !!! ;)
I have a problem, though...
After editing a group and setting a minimum number of posts to enter this group and hit Apply, I get this error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2344: group_create(./../includes/functions_autogroup.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2344: group_create(./../includes/functions_autogroup.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2344: group_create(): Failed opening './../includes/functions_autogroup.' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:/php4/pear')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: auto_groups_create() in C:\WM\www\phpBB3\includes\functions_user.php on line 2347
functions_autogroup is copied inside includes, of course...
Any ideas?
This is the part of the code in functions_user.php, around line 2344 (line 2347 included, too)

Code: Select all

}
			}
		}
 		// auto groups MOD
		// since we're changing a group, find users who belong in the new group
		if (!function_exists('auto_groups_create'))
		{
line 2344-->		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_autogroup.'.$phpEx);
		}

$auto_add_users = auto_groups_create($group_attributes);
		// end auto groups MOD 
		// Setting the log message before we set the group id (if group gets added)
		$log = ($group_id) ? 'LOG_GROUP_UPDATED' : 'LOG_GROUP_CREATED';
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:04 am

ChriZathens you might want to have a look at this post here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6#p3190636

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:05 am

ChriZathens wrote:Hi...
This mod is really usefull !!! ;)
I have a problem, though...
After editing a group and setting a minimum number of posts to enter this group and hit Apply, I get this error:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2344: group_create(): Failed opening './../includes/functions_autogroup.' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:/php4/pear')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: auto_groups_create() in C:\WM\www\phpBB3\includes\functions_user.php on line 2347
The fix for this is at the bottom of page 14.

ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:03 pm

RedTrinity wrote:
The fix for this is at the bottom of page 14.
duhhh !!!
I'm blind.. :ugeek:
Thanks a lot RedTrinity !!!
It works now...

EDIT :I made a group with min post count of 10
Suppose that users are automatically added once they reach 10 posts, right????
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Yes, that is correct :)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:54 am

Hi Jelly,

I have a quick question in regards to postcounts for each group which is confusing me a bit... could you please tell me which of the following would be right?

Group A
Minimum posts: X
Maximum posts: 50

Group B
Minimum posts: 50
Maximum posts: X

Or...

Group A
Minimum posts: X
Maximum posts: 49

Group B
Minimum posts: 50
MAximum posts: X

I am not sure exactly whether between 2 groups there has to be a post's difference, or if you would put the same for both iykwim? Or would having the post's difference create a 1 post gap where the member would fall into with no groups?

Thanks in advance for the info :)

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi RedTrinity,
Users are only removed from groups when their post count is greater than the maximum. So if you want your users to be removed from one group and inserted into another at 50 posts, you would use
max posts (group 1) 49
min posts (group 2) 50

:)
A Donut's Blog

magicfun

Post by magicfun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:09 pm

hey jelly, any word on why the autogroup MOD is throwing users in a group that don't meet the requirements? There are still some in there, but a lot less going on.

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 pm

I haven't been able to create any additional failures with the advance code I sent you...
Would you try creating an additional group with the same requirements on post count and seeing if any users who do not belong are thrown into the new group?
A Donut's Blog

magicfun

Post by magicfun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:56 pm

ok, that seemed to work when I created another duplicate group and erased the old one.

One more question, when I want that group to have a group color and display in the forum legend, the members in that group don't seem to change to the color I have set. I even checked the box that says "Make default automatically, Users change their default group upon being added to this group."

Shouldn't that make them automatically change the group default to the group they get entered into and change their color?

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Yes, but it only takes effect when they are added to the group the first time...and it is possible that it is bugged, because I changed how that worked recently...

... Goes to look at that ...
A Donut's Blog

magicfun

Post by magicfun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:18 pm

yeah, it must be buggy then, cause I set the color when I created the group the first time...why does it have to be the first time anyway? Could we work out this bug so we could change colors at any time? It seems like it should just recognize the edit and work each time you update the settings.

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:18 am

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:Hi RedTrinity,
Users are only removed from groups when their post count is greater than the maximum. So if you want your users to be removed from one group and inserted into another at 50 posts, you would use
max posts (group 1) 49
min posts (group 2) 50

:)
Ok great, thanks for that :D

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”