Page 19 of 35

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:07 pm
by MacFrog
Is there a way to make it so Admin's can't be added to the group? If I set it to "auto-default" ... which I want ... it changes it for the admin as well :-(

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:55 pm
by A_Jelly_Doughnut
No, there is not. Admins should be able to change their color back to the admins group in the User Control Panel - click the groups tab.

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 pm
by IPB_Refugee
Hi MacFrog,

without any warranty but this MOD should create a hierarchy of groups and when you say that the admin group is on the top of the hierarchy the admin's color should always be correct:

http://www.startrekguide.com/forum/view ... =30&t=3281

I have not tested it yet...

Regards
Wolfgang

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:17 am
by notsa
cool thqanks i was looking for thi

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 am
by freddyk87
Hi there,
Will this mod allow me to restrict a member group from viewing/posting in another forum until they have x amount of posts?

If not you know if there is one in development for phpBB3?

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:14 am
by notsa
freddyk87 wrote:Hi there,
Will this mod allow me to restrict a member group from viewing/posting in another forum until they have x amount of posts?

If not you know if there is one in development for phpBB3?

Think outside the box mate.


You can create a user group "y" that registered users are updated to when they have x amount of posts then you make it so that only members of group "y "can see the forum. :) :)

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:28 am
by freddyk87
So this mod does that?
Lol you gotta excuse my nooby ways here very new to phpbb

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:03 am
by A_Jelly_Doughnut
Yes, it can. You have one group that can view the forum, and one that cannot. With this MOD, when they have posted x posts, they can automatically be moved from the group that cannot view the forum to the one that can.

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:27 am
by freddyk87
Currently installing im on the file function_user.php the step tells me to find

Code: Select all

'user_pending'	=> $pending,
The file has no line with that in it, it has a similar line

Code: Select all

'user_pending'	=> (int) $pending,
So do i modify the code to add after so instead of

Code: Select all

'auto_group'	=> $auto_group,
its this

Code: Select all

'auto_group'	=> (int) $auto_group,
I did the above dont know it it was right or wrong. Anyways something is wrong i got this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include(./../includes/functions_autogroup.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include(./../includes/functions_autogroup.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/functions_autogroup.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function auto_groups_create() in /home/soprxnet/public_html/esw/includes/functions_user.php on line 2348

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:20 am
by RedTrinity
freddyk87 wrote:
I did the above dont know it it was right or wrong. Anyways something is wrong i got this error:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include(./../includes/functions_autogroup.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include(./../includes/functions_autogroup.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2345: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/functions_autogroup.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function auto_groups_create() in /home/soprxnet/public_html/esw/includes/functions_user.php on line 2348
Check the bottom of page 14 for the fix for this problem.

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 am
by freddyk87
Yer its all sweet now.
Looked at all 19 pages :P
Thanks.

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:40 pm
by MacFrog
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:No, there is not. Admins should be able to change their color back to the admins group in the User Control Panel - click the groups tab.
Yea but everytime a post is made the user is changed back.

On another note my admin log looks like this:

Code: Select all

GoodOmens  	xxxx  	Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:38 am  	Successful administration login  	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:37 am 	Group “Regulars” made default for members
» Jello1996, lee, netridge 	
GoodOmens 	xxx 	Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:36 am 	Successful administration login 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:52 pm 	Members removed from usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx	Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:52 pm 	Added new members to usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:12 pm 	Members removed from usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:12 pm 	Added new members to usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx	Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:09 pm 	Members removed from usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:09 pm 	Added new members to usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:35 pm 	Members removed from usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens 	
GoodOmens 	xxxx 	Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:35 pm 	Added new members to usergroup Regulars
» GoodOmens
Any reason for so many entries ... seems to be 2 per post. Taking up A LOT of resources

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:44 pm
by MacFrog
IPB_Refugee wrote:Hi MacFrog,

without any warranty but this MOD should create a hierarchy of groups and when you say that the admin group is on the top of the hierarchy the admin's color should always be correct:

http://www.startrekguide.com/forum/view ... =30&t=3281

I have not tested it yet...

Regards
Wolfgang
Thanks for the tip ... I'll check it out.

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:25 pm
by Berlin4life
Hello,

Sorry if the answer of my question is on one of the 19 pages.

How can i deactivate autogroup for a user or how can i delete a user from an autogroup permanetly (without rejoining)?

Sorry for my bad english.

Greet
Berlin4life

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.2

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:34 pm
by A_Jelly_Doughnut
Berlin4Life: It is not currently possible to prevent a single user from joining a group.

MacFrog: That is wasteful. It is designed to only add a user to the group once. I'll look into it.