[MODDB] Auto Groups 0.2.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
RedTrinity

Re: [RC] Auto Groups 0.2.3

Post by RedTrinity » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 am

:oops:

Thanks Jelly, I appreciate your help! Its working again now :)

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:43 am

ChriZathens wrote:A refresh in IE7 I expected should result to disappearing the button again, since I changed min post count from 10 to 20... But It does not act like this.
I verified that user is no longer member of the group, so at this part it works OK..
I tried the same (except browser) and got almost the same result - the difference was the member stayed in his old usergroup rather than dropping to the lesser post count group. They only changed to their proper group after making a new post, a post deletion or a logout/ login.

Otherwise, everything seems to be working really well.
Thanks very much A_Jelly_Doughnut. :D

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:42 am

Ok this one has me stumped at the moment!

For some reason I have noticed that the odd new member has been able to make a post in a section which is restricted to members with 1 post or more, when they are still sitting on 0 posts. And it always seems to be the same area, the States section of the forum - usually they go in there to list their location and THEN introduce themselves, instead of it being the other way around.

But I can't work out where the leak is - Have signed up with about 3 test accounts now over the last 3 weeks or so this has been happenin (each time this has happened I test the system) but I have been unsuccessful in recreating the problem. Each of my test accounts has worked properly, with no access to the State section until a post is made in the welcome section.

Have also checked forum permissions for the 0 post usergroup, and its set correctly as well.

Each time this happens I don't get a chance to check the new member's account to see if they are in 2 usergroups after registering instead of the one (I thought that might be the possible prob) because as soon as they make that first post in the restricted section, it moves them into the next usergroup up which has those permissions anyway.

Would appreciate any support please if anyone has any ideas on why this may be happening :lol:

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi RedTrinity,
You can check in the Admin Log if the auto groups MOD added users with zero posts to any group...just use your browser's find feature to find one of the usernames that was inappropriately allowed to post. Auto Groups MOD should simply not mess with users having 0 posts, but I haven't looked at my code since I read your post to double-check it.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

xesp2

Post by xesp2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:31 am

I have downloaded Auto Groups 0.2.3 but.....

HOW DO I INSTALL THIS MOD ???

do i have to create a contrib folder on the root of my phpbb??
where should the auto groups 023 and the modx.prosilver.en files, be uploaded ???? root ???

PLEASE help me installing this mod.

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:42 am

xesp2, open the auto groups 023.xml file with your browser and the directions are there. :)

xesp2

Post by xesp2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:37 am

i ve done that allready. thanks

the problem now is the sql code that shows in the xml file.

I´ve done all chances to all files. but at the top of the page there´s also a sql code

i just dont know how to use it
can you help ?

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:52 am

If you have access to phpMyAdmin, then have a read of this link here:
http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&start=0

It's the only info I could find where image links still work. :)

xesp2

Post by xesp2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:19 am

thats a great topic thanks

but there is another problem.... :shock:
If you have access to phpMyAdmin
I dont have phpMyAdmin, My cpanel dont have phpMyAdmin.

wath can i do ?

Danaldinho

Post by Danaldinho » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:27 pm

As soon as i installed this i got an error when i was my admin panel and went to "Users and Groups", the clicked on "Manage Groups":

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/dannym/public_html/prisonbreakchat.net/forum/includes/functions_user.php on line 2294

What does it mean and how can i fix it :( :?:

Thanks

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:39 pm

xesp2: It is very rare for a web host to not provide phpMyAdmin. If yours does not, you can install it yourself from http://www.phpmyadmin.net. But first, I would ask my web host to be sure they do not provide it :|

Danaldinho: You made a mistake editing the functions_user.php file. If you will make a copy of the file and upload it to your web site as functions_user.txt, I will look at it :)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Danaldinho

Post by Danaldinho » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Ok how do i upload it :?: well like were do i do it :?:

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 pm

You could email it to me too... support at jd1.clawz.com
A Donut's Blog

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:18 am

Hi Jelly,

I left off on on version 2.0. Now I am trying to go through all the updates to the latest 2.3 but After updating from 2.0 to 2.1 i am getting this error after I click the submit button in the auto groups settings. The weird thing about this error message is that it's telling me that includes/functions_autogroup doesn't exist but It does. I triple checked that I uploaded it to the includes folder.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2347: Undefined variable: phpEx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2347: group_create(./../includes/functions_autogroup.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2347: group_create(./../includes/functions_autogroup.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_user.php on line 2347: group_create(): Failed opening './../includes/functions_autogroup.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: auto_groups_create() in /home/content/m/c/o/*****/html/messageboard/includes/functions_user.php on line 2349

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 am

That was a bug in one of the intermediate versions ... keep upgrading and it will go away 8-)
A Donut's Blog

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”