[BETA] Bebo link on Profile 0.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
LuckyPip

[BETA] Bebo link on Profile 0.1.2

Post by LuckyPip » Mon May 28, 2007 1:24 pm

MOD Title: Bebo link on Profile
MOD Version: BETA 0.1.2
Author: LuckyPip
MOD Description: Adds a profile field for link to user's Bebo* page - only requires the user to enter their Bebo username in UCP.

Note: This MOD's xml installation comes in 2 parts, first one is for the main installation and the second one is for your style - currently supports only prosilver and subsilver2.

With prosilver only, the MOD also displays an icon in author's panel on viewtopic.

* Bebo is a free and hugely popular social networking website - http://www.bebo.com

Works with:
  • 3.0.0 RC1
Supported Styles
  • prosilver
    subsilver2
Language:
  • English
MOD Format:

Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: Approx ~20 Minutes
MOD Download: Download Bebo link on Profile BETA 0.1.2

Demo Board: None
Last edited by LuckyPip on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

LuckyPip

Re: [BETA] Bebo link on Profile 0.1.0

Post by LuckyPip » Mon May 28, 2007 1:28 pm

This is the first MOD I've submitted, so perhaps there'll be a bug here or there, just be gentle, won't you lots ? :lol:

Would appreciate it if some of you could test this out and if there's no problem, please report back - thanks :D

LiamMcilveen

Post by LiamMcilveen » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:47 am

Its a very long edit process for such a simple change as adding Bebo links.

I did however try it, but with no success. I will give it another go when I get some time.

The problem I had was the link never showed up. It must be something I did wrong in editing the templates or something so I will have to get back to you.

LuckyPip

Post by LuckyPip » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:14 am

If you feel it is too long, you could try using custom profile field, but it wouldn't achieve same effect as this MOD, as this enables you to have an icon as well and looks in line with other contact icons

However, if you followed the installs to the dot, you should have it working - which style did you use ? And did you remember to purge the caches ?

Seems like you have done the SQL instruction, otherwise you would have had error message instead of the link not showing - but all the same, making sure, did you ?

Did you follow the DIY instruction at the end of the template install file ?

And of course, did you upload the images to correct folder ?

LiamMcilveen

Post by LiamMcilveen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:09 am

Ok I tried it again on a completely new set of files. I am adamant I followed the install to the letter, except in the cases when I couldn't find the specified text. When this occurred I just visually scanned the file and found the text that must have been a slightly different than the specified but the only one I could see that you meant.

The problems I found in the *.xml were:

Code: Select all

Open: languages/en/ucp_profile.php
But file doesn't exist. Only possible match is languages/en/ucp.php which DOES contain the text to "Find" for the ucp_profile.php.

'U_MSN'			=> ($data['user_msnm'] && $auth->acl_get('u_sendim')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=contact&action=msnm&u=' . $user_id) : '',
Cannot be found in memberlist.php, same with,

'msn'			=> ($row['user_msnm'] && $auth->acl_get('u_sendim')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", "mode=contact&action=msnm&u=$poster_id") : '',

in viewtopic.php, however if you search for

"'msn'			=>" 
instead, you can see what you should be looking for.

I think that might have been all.

As I said you can work around it but without a 100% certainty that its correct.

I don't need this MOD I am just testing it out for you, because you put work into creating it so you deserve to know if people can get it working.

Cheers Liam

LuckyPip

Re: [BETA] Bebo link on Profile 0.1.1

Post by LuckyPip » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:22 am

LiamMcilveen wrote:Ok I tried it again on a completely new set of files. I am adamant I followed the install to the letter, except in the cases when I couldn't find the specified text.
Entirely my fault, I have checked the install.xml file and you are absolutely right about these problems you're having, I didn't have any problem getting it to work - that is because the problems you had was all down to the creation of the install.xml file, sorry ! :P

First of all, it is simply a typo with language/en/ucp_profile.php - it has been corrected in the revised file now (to ucp.php)

As for the rest of the problems, with memberlist.php and viewtopic.php - the lines are actually correct, but when creating xml files, you can't use "&" anywhere in the line without tagging it into a CDATA section

I overlooked these mistakes because I used "&" instead - they are now "&" and tagged inside a CDATA section

I have rechecked with the files and found them ok, seems to be working now

All these have been fixed with the revised version

Liam, thanks for taking the time to test the MOD and bringing these problems to my attention - hope you'll manage to test it without any problem this time around :D

Cheers

LuckyPip

Re: [BETA] Bebo link on Profile 0.1.2

Post by LuckyPip » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:29 am

MOD has been revised with another bug fix within the install.xml file

LiamMcilveen, I wonder if you managed to get it installed since your last post here ?

DJ Jonny

Post by DJ Jonny » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:00 pm

When i install this mod and some one tryes to regester i get this following error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Field 'user_bebo' doesn't have a default value [1364]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

does any one know what i am doing wrong a have done exactly wat it says i need to do in the install file

DJ Jonny

Post by DJ Jonny » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 pm

can any 1 help me with my above problem ?

ZeroT

Post by ZeroT » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:39 am

a demo board or some screenshots would be great

Spaniel

Post by Spaniel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:36 am

Download link doesnt work - can anyone post the zip file somewhere so we can continue to download it? :)

DJ Jonny

Post by DJ Jonny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:53 pm

Download link dont work can any 1 get a new link thank you

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”